Sponsored Links

Old 08.06.2018, 07:40 PM
Pro Bowler

1.Bobby Wagner

2.Lavonte David

3.Eric Kendricks

4.CJ Moseley

5.KJ Wright

My view of Keuchley might be too pessimistic but too much of an injury risk for me.Vontaze Burfict has been as dominant as any defender the Steelers has faced at times but looks to be on the downside after too much wear and tear.
Sponsored Links
Old 08.06.2018, 09:20 PM
Hall of Fame

I get the feeling these LB rankings are going to take some untangling. I've got a guy like Lavonte David down as an OLB in my mind.
Old 08.06.2018, 10:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I get the feeling these LB rankings are going to take some untangling. I've got a guy like Lavonte David down as an OLB in my mind.
Same, as well as Sean Lee and Telvin Smith.
Old 09.06.2018, 03:44 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar_steeler View Post
1.Bobby Wagner

2.Lavonte David

3.Eric Kendricks

4.CJ Moseley

5.KJ Wright

My view of Keuchley might be too pessimistic but too much of an injury risk for me.Vontaze Burfict has been as dominant as any defender the Steelers has faced at times but looks to be on the downside after too much wear and tear.
Sorry,probably would have helped to have read the rules.New version -

1.Wagner
2.Hendricks
3.Moseley
4.Deion Jones
5.Kwon Alexander
Old 09.06.2018, 06:09 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar_steeler View Post
That's a lot of categories,I like Interior DL,Edge and Off-Ball LB personally.
Happy to go with this. I knew that untangling the front seven to defineable categories would be difficult

If people want to re-edit selections to reflect this, fine but the majority listed fit the off ball category
Old 09.06.2018, 08:42 AM
Hall of Fame

Now we've settled on 'Off Ball LB's' I've deleted my original post and updated my rankings:

1. Luke Kuechly* (Panthers) - Pretty much has everything you'd want in a LB. Size, speed, strength, reads the game so well too. It all shows up against the run and the pass. His career thus far has rivalled another All Time great, Patrick Willis, and if his worrisome concussion concerns can be overcome then he'll surely surpass him. At 27 you could argue he's only just entering his prime.

2. Bobby Wagner* (Seahawks) - Hot on the heels of Kuechly. Athletic, great in coverage, strong against the run. A key cog in what is/was a great D. He simply doesn't have any holes in his game. Like Kuechly he's just entering his prime too.

3. Lavonte David* (Buccaneers) - Sticking with the theme (valuing players in their prime) I cant leave David off the list. It's a close call between no's 3 and 4 on this list, but David has age and injury history on his side. He's a 'do it all' LB. Like all the players on this list, he's got the right mix of instincts, size, and speed.

4. Sean Lee* (Cowboys) - I have the pleasure of watching this guy week in, week out. There isn't a better reader of the game than Lee, he's right alongside the Kuechly's of this world. Yes, he's had his injury issues, and he might not be quite as athletic as some of the other names on this list, but his football intelligence and work ethic make him special. If he'd been 100% healthy throughout his career he'd be hot on the heels of Kuechly just like Bobby Wagner.

5. Deion Jones (Falcons) - As others have said, he's possibly the new prototype at the position. Undersized, but top notch in coverage. Possesses the type of side-line to side-line speed to make a real impact. A great fit in Dan Quinn's D too, so his arrow is pointing up.

*Team Captain (Gotta love leadership right!)
Old 11.06.2018, 05:54 PM
Hall of Fame

1. Bobby Wagner - As players suffered al around him on a once much vaunted D, Wagner played better than all the stellar names around him and with Wilson on the other side of the ball the reason Seattle were able to stay relevant so long into the season

2. Luke Kuechley - Plays with great intelligence and diagnoses plays before they happen better than anyone.

3. Reuben Foster - On the field 49ers got a bargain. How long he remains there is anyone's guess. But what I saw whenever SF took the field was a dominant presence rarely seen in a 1st year guy

4. Deion Jones - Best athlete at the position. Agile and quick, can cover receivers on intermediate and deep routes and quick to the hit.

5. Joe Schobert - Anywhere but the Browns he'd have been widely regarded but 0-16 defenses get little respect. Schobert deserves. 144 tackles and a brilliant run defender close to the line. That Browns LB corps has talent