Farewell to the forum - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 01.07.2019, 10:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Attempted to sign up for FF yesterday, still awaiting validation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Let me know if you struggle, I'll nudge the mods
I tried registering on that site months ago and never got a validation e-mail?
Old 01.07.2019, 06:39 PM
Pro Bowler

Ive signed up to FF.
User name: SouthCoastBigBlue

BuffaloG if you could give the mods a nudge to validate me that would be very much appreciated
Old 01.07.2019, 07:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Ive signed up to FF.
User name: SouthCoastBigBlue

BuffaloG if you could give the mods a nudge to validate me that would be very much appreciated
No probs, I pinged one of the mods your username and asked how long it takes.

Wayne, what username did you use, I'll nudge him on yours too
Old 01.07.2019, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
No probs, I pinged one of the mods your username and asked how long it takes.

Wayne, what username did you use, I'll nudge him on yours too
Decided to go for something a little different this time, went with WayneEllis without the space...
Old 01.07.2019, 08:20 PM
All Pro

Wayne, I presume your the same Wayne as is slamming NFLUK on Twitter at every opportunity? It's becoming an entertaining spectator sport
Old 01.07.2019, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wayne, I presume your the same Wayne as is slamming NFLUK on Twitter at every opportunity? It's becoming an entertaining spectator sport
Nah, that’s clearly some other Wayne...
Old 01.07.2019, 08:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Nah, that’s clearly some other Wayne...
I'm trying to either get a reply, or be blocked. I'm not especially fussed which.
Old 01.07.2019, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
I tried registering on that site months ago and never got a validation e-mail?
Give it another try.
Old 03.07.2019, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Figured I’d check back in (and thanks to the guys who let me know they’d finally hit the big red button in NFLUK towers).

I’ve note been around for ages, partly because of work, but mainly because this place has become so easy to forget.

All the kind words from the big wigs, all there ‘here are our plans’ - it was all ********. (Not sorry for the language. Ban me).

Facebook is awful. Twitter is great for instant reaction and soundbites without depth or nuance. Forums, done properly, are the place to hang with fans and rivals alike.

I loved this place. And I loved the members here. Even the argumentative so and so’s. I wanted it to survive, i wanted NFLUK to give us something, even if they let us run it ourselves (and we’d have clubbed together and done a great job), but no. They know best.

Well there you are. They know so well that nobody is interested in their Facebook page and everyone is having a pop at them. Including me.

Farewell everyone. It’s been (mostly) a blast.
Old 04.07.2019, 11:32 AM
All Pro

This is really sad news, it's hard to follow up what others have already said, some genuinely touching comments!

Without this Forum I probably would not have got into the NFL as much as I have and would more than likely be a casual fan of the sport as I am with the other American sports. I have loved taking part in the mock drafts and various other challenges, the frenzy round the site when something big was happening around the NFL, Peyton Manning hitting free agency is one that springs to mind. It's such a shame to witness the slow demise of this site, what was once a place buzzing with activity has been ****** over again and again by the powers that be, mostly caused by the calamitous redesigns and a desire to push people away from forum.

Thank you to those that have stuck in there over the last few years and helped this site tick over, a special mention to KW13 (as well as Mick and Stu_T I think) who produced the "Team Each Day" thread in the College Football section a couple of years back, a monumentous amount of work went into this and I would visit the site each day to read his latest write-up of whatever FBS team it happened to be that day, I believe it is still stickied in the College Football section so please read through it if you haven't already!

Lastly a big **** you to NFLUK. Your desire to push people away from this forum has worked, congratulations. The way NFLUK has been run the last few years is an absolute shambles, so much of what made NFLUK great was the engagement with fans and the desire to serve the fans, but that has all but evaporated and it's all become about $$$ as long as you sell Wembley out every year that's all that matters, frankly you should be ashamed of yourselves, once again **** you!

Like a lot of others I have migrated over to UKNFLFAN so you can follow my inane posts over there!