After Party for Lions Falcons game - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 12.01.2014, 01:08 PM
Pro

Default After Party for Lions Falcons game

Seeing as the Falcons game will have a 1:30 kick off time, I was thinking it would be a great idea for the NFL to have a venue where those who want to can get together and watch the 6pm game(s).
Would love to hang around with all the NFL fans especially as I will be traveling from Ireland and seems a bit of a same for the day to end around 5.
The NFL could make a few more pound, promote the game more, even attract fans who didn't make it to the actual game itself.
Wembley Arena (holding 12,5000) is right outside the front door and could easily accommodate a few of us. Or just set up a few marquee tents and sell beer.
The only alternative will be to jam into one of the pubs near Wembley that will be jam packed with fans leaving the game at the same time or try and get on tube to get to another pub somewhere in London

Last edited by cathal41; 12.01.2014 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12.01.2014, 02:12 PM
Team Captain

You would certainly think someone with a business brain would arrange a large venue with some big screens for the 80 thousand people all with a common interest in the evening games. We can't all pile into the Green Man!
Old 13.01.2014, 06:38 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeClosely View Post
You would certainly think someone with a business brain would arrange a large venue with some big screens for the 80 thousand people all with a common interest in the evening games. We can't all pile into the Green Man!
As long as the business brain isnt the person who organised the tailgate for the steelers v vikings match, then all should be good
Old 14.01.2014, 11:11 AM
Rookie

Another Irish Packers fan, Cathal, good man! Yes, it would be good to get something organised for an after party considering the game is on so early in the day. There'll be 9 of us heading to the game and we will all be looking a few drinks afterwards so will be looking for somewhere good to go!
Old 14.01.2014, 04:19 PM
Banned

Excellent idea.
Old 15.01.2014, 10:22 AM
Starter

The sports bar & grill in Marylebone will have loads of NFL fans in I assume. Its where the film the NFL highlights show on C4. They had an after party post 49ers@Jags
Old 15.01.2014, 12:17 PM
All Pro

Hiring Wembley Arena would be a massive extra cost. As the NFL are going to have to rethink the whole tailgate issue, what would be more practical and cost effective would be to re open the tailgate after the game.
Have it open for collecting and selling merchandise before the game, then re open it for beer, grub and more merchandise sales (NFL won't miss a trick to sell something) afterwards and show the later games on big screens. Have the ex player appearances and maybe some post match stuff then as well and it is job done.
Old 15.01.2014, 12:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Hiring Wembley Arena would be a massive extra cost. As the NFL are going to have to rethink the whole tailgate issue, what would be more practical and cost effective would be to re open the tailgate after the game.
Have it open for collecting and selling merchandise before the game, then re open it for beer, grub and more merchandise sales (NFL won't miss a trick to sell something) afterwards and show the later games on big screens. Have the ex player appearances and maybe some post match stuff then as well and it is job done.
Yeah couldn't agree more this would be brilliant ....though I still reckon I will end up going to the greenman
Old 15.01.2014, 03:51 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino26 View Post
Yeah couldn't agree more this would be brilliant ....though I still reckon I will end up going to the greenman
Have you stayed at the green man?

Tags
falcons , lions , wembley