NFLUK Forum. What works/doesn't work? YOUR INPUT PLEASE! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 14.07.2017, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default NFLUK Forum. What works/doesn't work? YOUR INPUT PLEASE!

Apologies firstly for this thread going in completely the wrong place. I felt this subject applies to the whole forum so put it in the most visible location.

If you want a redesigned forum, with the aim of bringing membership back and increasing traffic here, rebuilding our community and welcoming new members, what do you want to see in your forum?
As a fan, what would make you come back here daily (or several times daily?)
What do we currently have that you ignore and wouldn't miss? What can't you do without?

Any input is welcome, you guys are the community - and if this place is going to be saved it'll be you guys that do it.

Keep it polite, and civil please, but fire away with anything about the NFLUK forum and community.
Old 14.07.2017, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Think this is the perfect place for it tbh. Iirc, we had a similar thread on the "Ideas for NFLUK" forum a while back, but that probably doesn't get visited anywhere as much as this one.

Will have to have a good think and probably post my suggestions tomorrow. Hopefully, we can get quite a few people contributing ideas...
Old 14.07.2017, 06:26 PM
MVP

I'm convinced that this place will be shut down within a few years, so my one suggestion is to please give us 24 hours notice so we can say our goodbyes to each other.
Old 14.07.2017, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

I've a bunch of things to say in this (shockingly) but have a busy weekend so I'll post some ideas on Monday.

Good thread though.
Old 14.07.2017, 06:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
I'm convinced that this place will be shut down within a few years, so my one suggestion is to please give us 24 hours notice so we can say our goodbyes to each other.
That's the spirit.......

I'll write ideas soon.
Old 14.07.2017, 06:51 PM
Pro Bowler

I certainly appreciate the thread and the effort HST, will have a think and come back (I've a five hour train journey on Monday, so perfect!)
Old 14.07.2017, 07:02 PM
MVP

This is one of the few forums I know of that doesn't have like or even dislike buttons for posts. Not a biggie but a good starter.

I actually think the forum is too big, with too many threads and sections for certain subjects. i.e. Gamepass currently has 3 maybe 4 threads.

I wouldn't care if the team sections were binned too, but I'd imagine the more active groups like Pats and Jags fans would disapprove.
Old 14.07.2017, 07:45 PM
MVP

Oh yeah...and bring back the free to enter salary cap fantasy game.
Old 14.07.2017, 07:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
That's the spirit.......

I'll write ideas soon.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but what have you seen from the last 5 years to suggest that this thread isn't a waste of time and effort? There's also nothing in HST's post to indicate that any suggestions will be carried out.

But hey it's the off-season, may as well waste time here as anywhere else.
Old 14.07.2017, 07:52 PM
GOAT

getting rid of little bugs, like when you click go to new post and it takes you to an old one.

regular mentions on NFLUK on social media and maybe even the odd one on tv.

i think these sites tend to tick over fine when they work and have a good amount of traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
This is one of the few forums I know of that doesn't have like or even dislike buttons for posts. Not a biggie but a good starter.

I actually think the forum is too big, with too many threads and sections for certain subjects. i.e. Gamepass currently has 3 maybe 4 threads.

I wouldn't care if the team sections were binned too, but I'd imagine the more active groups like Pats and Jags fans would disapprove.
tbh i'm not a fan of the whole like dislike thing.

maybe just move all the pinned threads to one new section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Oh yeah...and bring back the free to enter salary cap fantasy game.
yeah, the easy thing that everyone loved and you was ended either for no reason or because they were paid too.