Miles Austin's New Contract - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

  #1  
Old 10.09.2010, 10:34 AM
cowboyswill's Avatar
cowboyswill cowboyswill is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 11.11.2008
Posts: 277
Default Miles Austin's New Contract

What does everyone think of Miles Austin's new contract? i think it is brilliant because he is our best reciever and deserves a contract to match.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10.09.2010, 10:58 AM
NeathBlue's Avatar
NeathBlue NeathBlue is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.09.2003
Posts: 2,636
Default

Am happy with it as well... He has worked his way up from the bottom to be our No1 WR and now he gets paid like one as well... This probably means Roy Williams will be gone after this season regardless of how he performs this season... Hopefully as soon as next season is sorted as regards the CBA, then we can get Jenkins, Spencer, Felix and Witten re-signed to longer contracts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10.09.2010, 12:58 PM
iannidan's Avatar
iannidan iannidan is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 30.04.2009
Posts: 162
Default

thats a good deal, austin can be no1 for years to come, and with dez, sam hurd and ogletree we have the weapons to be superbowl champs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.09.2010, 02:16 PM
andrewd71's Avatar
andrewd71 andrewd71 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 12.09.2006
Posts: 282
Default

Let's hope he continues his good form of last season. Interesting that two of the teams top earners - Austin and Romo were undrafted free agents.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.09.2010, 04:35 PM
cowboyswill's Avatar
cowboyswill cowboyswill is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 11.11.2008
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannidan View Post
austin can be no1 for years to come, and with dez, sam hurd and ogletree we have the weapons to be superbowl champs.
that is a good point. i don't think we will win it this year but it would be nice at the home stadium but we should definately have next year in our sights
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12.09.2010, 11:56 PM
Sportsdude360's Avatar
Sportsdude360 Sportsdude360 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 26.07.2010
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
Am happy with it as well... He has worked his way up from the bottom to be our No1 WR and now he gets paid like one as well... This probably means Roy Williams will be gone after this season regardless of how he performs this season... Hopefully as soon as next season is sorted as regards the CBA, then we can get Jenkins, Spencer, Felix and Witten re-signed to longer contracts.
If Roy Williams breaks out and has a spectacular year then the Pokes would be hard pressed to cut him loose. Although his trade value would go through the roof.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13.09.2010, 03:22 PM
jon14's Avatar
jon14 jon14 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 20.10.2008
Posts: 302
Default

I'm delighted, Miles has worked hard to get to where he is and it is always great to see him playing with a smile on his face.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14.09.2010, 04:34 PM
cowboyswill's Avatar
cowboyswill cowboyswill is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 11.11.2008
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon14 View Post
it is always great to see him playing with a smile on his face.
perhaps we should call him Smiles Austin then
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:24 PM.