Colt McCoy - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 28.10.2014, 11:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Colt McCoy

A while back on here I stated how good I thought McCoy was when he played for the Browns but he never got a proper opportunity (he played in the QB circus for the Browns for Pete sake!). I remember him dropping some balls into receivers that were laser-esque in their accuracy and on long balls as well as short.
However Colt never got his shot (no pun intended!) and then became a QB destined to be back up but not really having done anything to deserve such a fate.

I was quite excited to see he was playing the for the Redskins last night and before the game I thought that he culd have a chance at winning the game....

Sure enough he did... one rushing TD , 25/30 for 299 yards. I'm guessing with the lack of playing time he's had and the rust that sets in because of that, he could get better.

I don't think his opportunity is in Washington but I'd rather have him as a number two QB any time of the week than Jason Campbell....

I hope McCoy gets another opportunity somewhere.
Old 29.10.2014, 01:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
A while back on here I stated how good I thought McCoy was when he played for the Browns but he never got a proper opportunity (he played in the QB circus for the Browns for Pete sake!). I remember him dropping some balls into receivers that were laser-esque in their accuracy and on long balls as well as short.
However Colt never got his shot (no pun intended!) and then became a QB destined to be back up but not really having done anything to deserve such a fate.

I was quite excited to see he was playing the for the Redskins last night and before the game I thought that he culd have a chance at winning the game....

Sure enough he did... one rushing TD , 25/30 for 299 yards. I'm guessing with the lack of playing time he's had and the rust that sets in because of that, he could get better.

I don't think his opportunity is in Washington but I'd rather have him as a number two QB any time of the week than Jason Campbell....

I hope McCoy gets another opportunity somewhere.
I agree, when we drafted him he'd played excellently for the Longhorns and was considered to be a decent pick up (3rd round?), but as you say he never settled in properly and was pushed, rather than guided, in to action due to injuries. Due to various scheme/co-ordinator/coach changes, not to mention all round bad play, he was forgotten about as quickly as he started. I'm glad he's got the Washington gig for the time being.