Bengals UK Fan Club - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 14.12.2009, 01:51 PM
All Pro

Going on your own to Cincinnati isn't so bad. I've been a few times on my own without my wife and when you are on your own you meet a lot of new people and don't have to worry about boring the missus with football talk... plenty to do as well around the city.
Old 15.12.2009, 12:57 AM
All Pro

I vote this bloke in as your president, he must have been one of the first few original UK Bengal fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9PN6YwA0S0

As for the little dig at the end - he should of looked on the Browns Backers Worldwide site before hand and compared member numbers.
Old 15.12.2009, 08:32 AM
All Pro

Jeeez. If you look right at the end of that youtube video you'll see Jerry Springer as a news anchorman. Must have been his job before he became mayor of Cincinnati

As for being the longest running Bengals fan, I have met a great guy from Derbyshire in Cincinnati who has been over to see them each year since 1968 the year they originated.

We are here, you just have to look for us!

The only thing is for us American Football fans is that when you go over they think you know nothing about the game because 'soccer' is our game. Well to tell you the truth I can't stand 'soccer' and because we aren't immersed in American Football like the Americans are from an early age we tend to seek out information and we know just as much or more about the sport when discussing it in the States with some sports fans.

Last edited by Bengalsman; 15.12.2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: re-formatting
Old 14.09.2015, 01:51 PM
Rookie

Been a Bengals since '84, and I would definitely like to get onboard with a UK based Bengals fan club.

But as an idea, we could all meetup for a weekend, rather than for a few hours, because of the distance some of us may have to travel. Watch retro games, quizzes, live games etc.
Old 22.01.2016, 08:32 AM
Rookie

I've been to the Wembley games for the past 4 years and when you're wearing your Bengals shirt it's great, because other Bengals fans actually say hello to you! I would say there wouldn't be too many other jerseys that would get the same response eh?

I'd be interested in this. Based in NI.

Dave
Old 22.01.2016, 09:30 AM
Rookie

Since this will be my first ever Wembley game I'll be interested too in the reaction to my Bengals shirt.
I have always thought that the definition of "long suffering" was pretty much being a long term Bengals fan (and I include this years Post Season) so it will be reassuring to see some fellow victims and know I am not alone!

Stewart

Near Hull
Old 22.01.2016, 10:01 AM
All Pro

The UK Club idea sounds very good.

I think a gathering during the regular season to watch a game sounds great. Perhaps meeting up at the various IS Series. Those both seem pretty attainable goals from the get go.

Foe the record I'm located in South West Wales
Old 22.01.2016, 05:29 PM
MVP

Search for Bengals UK on Facebook or Twitter. Some guys have already put this into action.
Old 30.01.2016, 10:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doagh_rock_city@hotmail.com View Post
I've been to the Wembley games for the past 4 years and when you're wearing your Bengals shirt it's great, because other Bengals fans actually say hello to you! I would say there wouldn't be too many other jerseys that would get the same response eh?

I'd be interested in this. Based in NI.

Dave
That's particularly true if you wear an unusual Bengals jersey. I've been to one game a year since the start in 2007 wearing my Peter Warrick jersey and have spoken to several Bengals fans.
Old 12.04.2016, 04:09 PM
Rookie

I had a look on the Bengals UK facebook page but there isn't much going on!

It would be good to get something more active and regular going, what with our team being over in the UK this year!