Season Predictions - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 04.09.2012, 04:32 PM
Team Captain

Default Season Predictions

While we wait with baited breath for Monday, thought we may fill he void with some season prdictions:

1) Superbowl - I'm going to go HOUSTON here

2) Bengals record -head says 7-9, heart says 9-7. i'll go 8-8 (hope Im wrong).

3) 1st game - Ravens 21 Bengals 17
(interested in views on this one as I may back us +6)
Old 04.09.2012, 06:26 PM
MVP

1- Houston over Green Bay

2- 7-9

3- 24-16 Ravens
Old 04.09.2012, 07:15 PM
Pro Bowler

Houston????? Matt Schuab? I don't think so!!! I don't even have them as a lock for their division!

Superbowl : Green Bay beats Cincinnati

Bengals record : 12-4

Bengals beat Ravens 24-7 in opening game

I can't see any AFC team thats going to be as good as the Bengals with or without injuries. I'm all for continuity and the Bengals coaching staff have that in bucket loads and have added talent and depth. Don't worry about the OL, it will be just fine. Corner is stacked and none of them are on IR, WR's will develop, pro bowl QB and TE, hungry linebackers, young athletic DL and improving safeties, top tier kicker, good punter.

The only question is at running back, but as the OL gels further I expect it to be adequate to keep offenses honest.
Old 04.09.2012, 07:54 PM
Rookie

Superbowl : New England
Bengals Record : 11-5
First Game : Bengals 24 Ravens 14

Bengals will get their first back to back winning seasons for a long time. We are so better than what people think
Old 04.09.2012, 08:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
Houston????? Matt Schuab? I don't think so!!! I don't even have them as a lock for their division!
Yes, Houston- the most complete team in the AFC by far, roundly beat the Bengals last year with TJ Yates under centre not once but twice. Schaub is a very good QB, better than Andy Dalton for sure, as is their running game and offensive line, and as is their defense. I'm not sure how you can claim they're not a playoff team and yet the Bengals are a Super Bowl team.
Old 04.09.2012, 08:43 PM
All Pro

Superbowl: Saints

Bengals record: 7-9

1st game: Ravens 24 Bengals 13
Old 05.09.2012, 09:30 PM
Pro Bowler

The reason why the Texans won was because the Bengals weren't ready to take the next step and deteriorated badly towards the end of the season. In fact I firmly believe they were the weakest AFC playoff team entering the playoffs, they limped in.

Houston have lost one of their best defensive player in Mario Williams to the Bills. The Texans haven't managed to take the next step the past few years, one of the reasons being that Williams and his dominance at the line was sorely missed when he headed to IR the last two years. I don't think you'll see Houston at the big show. Instability at QB is a major factor. I disagree that Shaub is better than Dalton, he really hasn't made the impact the Texans hoped he'd make since leaving Atlanta. He wasn't missed when he went down injured and I don't think he would have done any better than Yates in the playoffs.
Old 05.09.2012, 10:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Houston have lost one of their best defensive player in Mario Williams to the Bills

From what I've read, the Texans are incredibly high on brooks reed and fully expect him to fill mario's shoes sooner rather than later.

From Bleacher Report:
While Williams played great in the 3-4 defense, he only managed to play for five weeks before getting injured. With Williams out, the Texans defense did not miss a beat, becoming the second-best defense in the league in total yards allowed, behind only the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In the first five games with Williams, the Houston defense managed to record eight turnovers and 91 first downs. In the five games after Williams was injured, the defense recorded 12 turnovers and 70 first downs—substantially better.

Last edited by cards; 05.09.2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06.09.2012, 05:49 AM
MVP

Quote:
The reason why the Texans won was because the Bengals weren't ready to take the next step and deteriorated badly towards the end of the season. In fact I firmly believe they were the weakest AFC playoff team entering the playoffs, they limped in.

Houston have lost one of their best defensive player in Mario Williams to the Bills. The Texans haven't managed to take the next step the past few years, one of the reasons being that Williams and his dominance at the line was sorely missed when he headed to IR the last two years. I don't think you'll see Houston at the big show. Instability at QB is a major factor. I disagree that Shaub is better than Dalton, he really hasn't made the impact the Texans hoped he'd make since leaving Atlanta. He wasn't missed when he went down injured and I don't think he would have done any better than Yates in the playoffs.
Williams was out all of last year and they had one of the best defensive units in the league, especially their pass rush, which dominated our pretty good offensive line twice.

I'm not sure how you can say Schaub wasn't at all missed. He was clearly at a higher level than Yates, who struggled to make a number of throws against Baltimore. It was a miracle he was even able to get them that close.
Old 06.09.2012, 05:46 PM
Pro Bowler

You think Schaub would have fared better? The I guess we'll agree to disagree! :0)