NFL top 100 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 31.05.2013, 09:05 PM
Pro Bowler

Default NFL top 100

Now I'm watching this Top 100 - and I know only a third of NFL players voted, and it is mostly irrelevant - but I can't help but feel that Eli Manning continues to get the raw end of the stick.

Now last time I looked it was Eli Manning that had won TWO superbowls to Peyton Manning's one. Neither of those Giants teams were the most dominant during the year either, nor did they have many superstar players either....however he still QB'd them to TWO superbowls.

I think he falls foul of looking like a bit of a drip, the sort of guy who looks like he still lives with his mum and has his shoe laces done up for him - plus he's got Peyton who preceeded him.

For me though, I'd rather have Eli if I was playing for a Championship....

Last edited by Bengalsman; 31.05.2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 31.05.2013, 09:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
Now I'm watching this Top 100 - and I know only a third of NFL players voted, and it is mostly irrelevant - but I can't help but feel that Eli Manning continues to get the raw end of the stick.

Now last time I looked it was Eli Manning that had won TWO superbowls to Peyton Manning's one. Neither of those Giants teams were the most dominant during the year either, nor did they have many superstar players either....however he still QB'd them to TWO superbowls.

I think he falls foul of looking like a bit of a drip, the sort of guy who looks like he still lives with his mum and has his shoe laces done up for him - plus he's got Peyton who preceeded him.

For me though, I'd rather have Eli if I was playing for a Championship....
I'd take Peyton every day of the week and three times on Sundays. Eli Manning is a good quarterback for sure, but Peyton is on a different level. He's by far the most football-intelligent quarterback there has ever been, his release is second to none and his ball location is excellent. He's the most consistent week-by-week quarterback you will find.

Eli Manning's teams may have won more championships than Peyton Manning's teams, but that's not a reflection of which is the better player. Not by a long shot.
Old 10.06.2013, 10:38 AM
Team Captain

Geno Atkins at 36. What a farce. He had the best season at DT since the days of Warren Sapp in his prime and there's 35 better players in the League...Nuh uh, don't think so.

Will be interesting to see where AJ lands, guessing he'll be behind Megatron and Fitzgerald so somewhere between late teens and mid-twenties.