AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. JETS @ COLTS Game day thread - Page 73 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 25.01.2010, 12:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Unlucky Jets, they had to have a great game and hope for Manning to have an off day. But the 2 missed FG's, the Colts TD just before half time and Greene's injury were the turning points.
I agree. Was really pleased with the way Sanchez played though just like last week he made the plays when we needed to. Our offensive line was great again but Greene going down like you said was definitely a turning point.

Congratulations to the Colts they played a great game on both sides of the ball.
Old 25.01.2010, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Still gutted about Greene getting injured last night.... If he'd stayed in the game I'm sure we would have put more points on the board. Instead, with TJ ineffective, we were forced to put it all on Sanchez. He did an admirable job in the circumstances, and we have to be very optimistic after the way he's played in the playoffs, but we were never going to win without a running game. Congratulations to the Colts though. They were deserving winners and it should be a great Superbowl between two high scoring teams. I think they will win it by a couple of scores though, I can't see the Saints getting pressure on Manning and I think he'll have another big game.
Old 25.01.2010, 03:40 PM
MVP

I listened to the game on radio 5 live extra (great coverage BBC).The colts were easily the better team and deserved the win.Manning is something else,and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a 2nd ring.

I'm very proud of the Jets though,no one expected them to get this far but they upset and beat a lot of good teams.Sanchez had a great game yesterday and has actaully had a good playoffs,he's given me more hope that he's going to be a good player.Losing Greene was a big blow,it's clear he brings a lot more to the table than Thomas Jones.Greene will surely be our number 1 back next year.

The defense couldn't stop Manning but we were a bit unlucky with injuries,but at the end of day Manning was just incredible.Congrats Colts and good luck for the superbowl.

But thank you Jets for an amazing season.