How far can Steelers get without Ben Roethlisberger? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 06.06.2010, 07:56 AM
Starter

Question How far can Steelers get without Ben Roethlisberger?

Just wondering how you think Steelers will fair if Ben Roethlisberger is out for 4 weeks (if he complies) or out for 6 weeks?

If Ben’s out for 4 weeks
Week 1: Atlanta Falcons
Just missed out last year on getting a WildCard spot this game could be an upset for Steelers.

Week 2: Tennessee Titans
Titans did not have a great season last year can see Steelers winning it.

Week 3:Tampa Bay Buccaneers
I reckon Steelers will win this. Buc's got 3-13 last year... Not a great record.

Week 4: Baltimore Ravens
A very tough game divisional rivals. Baltimore has improved their team alot over the last couple of years. I would like to a Steelers win but cant seeing it happening.

If Ben does not comply he will be out for 6 weeks

Week 5: Bye
Lucky for us we have one in the first 6 if Big Ben is out. Shame it is not in the 4th week though

Week 6: Cleveland Browns

Browns made Steelers pay last year on Week 14 causing a surprise defeat for Pittsburgh. I think Steelers will win this one fairly comfortably.

What do you think?
Old 08.06.2010, 11:30 AM
All Pro

I'm being INSANELY optimistic here, but if the running game gets going, the D plays to its full potential and the QB plays well we could potentially go 4-0. The teams we're facing aren't fantastic against the pass, so Ben being out might not be as big a loss as it could have been if we were playing Cinncinnati/Jets. Realistically though, I reckon we will go 2-2 or 1-3.

tyr
Old 09.06.2010, 12:08 PM
All Pro

The first game will be the key, if we win that it will provide a confidence boost that we can ride it out, all 4 games on paper look winnable.

If we lose against the Falcons and a QB merry-go-round proceeds, and Arians can't adjust (sorry will not adjust), we could easily be looking at 0-4.

We usually start strong opening week, so here's hoping.

Go Steelers!!
Old 09.06.2010, 11:12 PM
Pro Bowler

The first game definately important & winnable.
I actually think that this Ben ban might work out to be good for the team.
We will go back to what we do best "run the ball"
Also the onus will be on the D will do more of what it didnt do last season and come up with big plays.
We are on a 4 game win streak from the end of last season and Troy will be back fully fit.
Expect us to lose at Tennessee as that is a bogey ground but think we will be ok without Ben short term
Im quietly confident and cant wait for the game opener. Everyone seems to be writing us off on some of the other forums. Last season was just your average post Super Bowl blues which we have experienced before.
Old 10.06.2010, 12:07 PM
All Pro

2-2 after 4 games will do me, but 3-1 (or even 1-3) is a strong possibility. The key to these 4 games is what we do against Atlanta.

I have put the tennessee game as a loss, they finished strong last season and are another team that will be competing this season for a playoff berth.

Baltimore is another tough 1, which could go either way. We nearly beat them without Ben last year but they have made some nice off season moves and are looking good. Divisional games are always close so cant call this.

Also I thought that the bye week didn't factor into the ban meaning that if it isnt shortened to 4 he will miss the Miami game as well
Old 25.06.2010, 10:22 AM
Pro

If we manage either a 2-2 or 3-1 start it will be because of our D not our offence. We dont really have enough tools on offense and i would rather see DD start and mix in a bit of wildcat to keep other defences guessing. If BL starts and gun slings then we will lose games. He is a great back up, but not a great starter.

I think that our run game needs to improve anyway, regardless of the Big Ben situation. It isnt just the OL's fault. Parker was not making any yards last year and Mendy should have been used more and more variety.

In the first 4 games i expect to see Miller and Ward as our most used receivers and plenty of slants and screens to utilise our offense as dont really have deep threats.
Old 15.07.2010, 02:20 PM
Starter

With the injuries and suspensions Steelers currently have, the defence and offence need to step up the plate if Steelers are going to make the play offs. Mike Tomlin I have great faith in because of the job he has done in the past and his stats of being the youngest ever coach to win the SuperBowl show this. Miller and Ward should show the experience to younger players like Wallace and Mendenhall. Hopefully all will go well…

Tags
pittsburgh , steelers