European Football (Champions League & UEFA Cup 10-11) - Page 115 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #1141  
Old 26.09.2010, 04:27 AM
Number 50's Avatar
Number 50 Number 50 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 08.09.2009
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
You can sum up his posting history in a few sentences....

Sneijder isnt overated as Vann once said, and I will now mention this in every post I will ever make( even though vann agreed he wasnt overated in the world cup thread) the reason for this is that I am either a moron, or just want to tell everyone again and again, and again.. when I am right( even if it's 3 months between posts)
Ffs vann, it's a bit of fun. Banter, nothing more, nothing less. I'm a member of umpteen footy forums and you my friend are the only person that I know that takes 'things' soooooooooooo seriously. Yes, we disagree about certain things but why get so arsey about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Anything or anyone related to Chelsea is vastly overated, in fact even more overated than Vann said Sneijder was.
Really? The thing is vann me old chum, I don't mind Ancelloti (spelling), I rate Ivanovic and Cech highly and I also happen to think Malouda is top draw and an all round good egg. Which kinda pishes all over your argument, don't you think?

Btw, is it me or does your last post look like it was supposed to be written by someone other than yourself? Ie, written by you using a different account and username that somehow went a bit wrong? Probs just me and I'm blaming the gin.

Oh, and before you start, the fact this post follows Chelskis first defeat of the season is purely coincidental.

'Blue Moon' anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #1142  
Old 20.10.2010, 09:13 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 16,914
Default

Tottenham are going to have a fight on their hands to hold onto Elf-Boy at this rate
Reply With Quote
  #1143  
Old 20.10.2010, 09:27 PM
Ravens55's Avatar
Ravens55 Ravens55 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.10.2009
Posts: 1,149
Default

Well inter need a new left back.
Reply With Quote
  #1144  
Old 02.11.2010, 09:32 PM
MarkC07's Avatar
MarkC07 MarkC07 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 11.12.2007
Posts: 1,852
Default

Take a bow Gareth Bale.
Reply With Quote
  #1145  
Old 03.11.2010, 09:13 AM
Jiz's Avatar
Jiz Jiz is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.05.2004
Posts: 7,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens55 View Post
Well inter need a new left back.
Or even a right back...

UEFA's 'best' defender in the world, got well destroyed last night, fantastic to watch.
Reply With Quote
  #1146  
Old 03.11.2010, 09:48 AM
Gengar's Avatar
Gengar Gengar is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 28.12.2008
Posts: 5,243
Default

Vann! You said Spurs would be an embarresment or something like that anyway
Reply With Quote
  #1147  
Old 03.11.2010, 10:01 AM
olig23's Avatar
olig23 olig23 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 16.07.2005
Posts: 4,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiz2004 View Post
Or even a right back...

UEFA's 'best' defender in the world, got well destroyed last night, fantastic to watch.
Not to disparage Bale who was once again fantastic but I think people are dwelling too much on the fact he was lined up opposite Maicon.

Maicon is a excellent attacking full back but I have never been overly impressed by him defensively so it comes as no shock to see Bale take him to school. I see him as the player Glen Johnson thinks he is. I also don't get how anyone can suggest he is better than Dani Alves but that is another story. In truth I would be far more impressed if Bale was able to do that to a player like Paulo Ferreira or Branislav Ivanovic.

As I say I am not trying to knock Bale here, more the perception of Maicon. Bale's development and performance has been nothing short of a revelation over the past year he has grown unbelievably.

I think another thing that has been lost by Bale's performance was how well Tom Huddlestone played. He did well against some seriously talented players in the Inter mid-field and in my opinion he is making a strong case to start for England. He is becoming the player everyone thought Michael Carrick should be and is more dynamic than Gareth Barry imo.

Last edited by olig23; 03.11.2010 at 10:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1148  
Old 03.11.2010, 10:21 AM
Jiz's Avatar
Jiz Jiz is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.05.2004
Posts: 7,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Admirer View Post
Vann! You said Spurs would be an embarresment or something like that anyway
Shock horror Vann is wrong again.....
Reply With Quote
  #1149  
Old 03.11.2010, 02:18 PM
burningherb burningherb is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 11.10.2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
Not to disparage Bale who was once again fantastic but I think people are dwelling too much on the fact he was lined up opposite Maicon.

Maicon is a excellent attacking full back but I have never been overly impressed by him defensively so it comes as no shock to see Bale take him to school. I see him as the player Glen Johnson thinks he is. I also don't get how anyone can suggest he is better than Dani Alves but that is another story. In truth I would be far more impressed if Bale was able to do that to a player like Paulo Ferreira or Branislav Ivanovic.

As I say I am not trying to knock Bale here, more the perception of Maicon. Bale's development and performance has been nothing short of a revelation over the past year he has grown unbelievably.

I think another thing that has been lost by Bale's performance was how well Tom Huddlestone played. He did well against some seriously talented players in the Inter mid-field and in my opinion he is making a strong case to start for England. He is becoming the player everyone thought Michael Carrick should be and is more dynamic than Gareth Barry imo.
Aye i got to agree with you mate
Reply With Quote
  #1150  
Old 03.11.2010, 02:31 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 16,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
Not to disparage Bale who was once again fantastic but I think people are dwelling too much on the fact he was lined up opposite Maicon.

Maicon is a excellent attacking full back but I have never been overly impressed by him defensively so it comes as no shock to see Bale take him to school. I see him as the player Glen Johnson thinks he is. I also don't get how anyone can suggest he is better than Dani Alves but that is another story. In truth I would be far more impressed if Bale was able to do that to a player like Paulo Ferreira or Branislav Ivanovic.

As I say I am not trying to knock Bale here, more the perception of Maicon. Bale's development and performance has been nothing short of a revelation over the past year he has grown unbelievably.

I think another thing that has been lost by Bale's performance was how well Tom Huddlestone played. He did well against some seriously talented players in the Inter mid-field and in my opinion he is making a strong case to start for England. He is becoming the player everyone thought Michael Carrick should be and is more dynamic than Gareth Barry imo.
The quality of Bale's crossing was far more impressive than beating afull-back you quite rightly note that has difficulty defending. The two balls he put in for goals 2 & 3 were put on a plate for Crouch & Pavulychenko

Huddlestone was very good, but for me has concentration lapses. I wonder if Capello has issues about his mobility, apart from that he is a far better player than Barry who has declined noticably in the last 12 months.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 03:11 AM.