The Imlach Report - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 25.11.2010, 10:33 AM
MVP

Default The Imlach Report

The Imlach Report by Gary Imlach

Channel 4 Sunday night Football host Gary Imlach writes every Thursday for nfluk.com. In this week's column Gary looks at how Brett Favre cost Brad Childress his job.

Read the full feature

Gary Imlach
Old 25.11.2010, 12:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Spot on Gary.

I have every respect for Brett Favre, for how he's played, the excitement he's brought to the game, his records during his playing career, his durability, his 'pull it out of the fire' ability, his toughness and even the days where he got it wrong (interceptions and all) have been a great ride. I've pretty much seen his entire career. However, enough is enough, especially when an entire organization is going to the wall, relatively speaking, just so Favre can rack up his personal stat sheet. It's wrong. Favre is one player. There will still be a Vikings team when he's gone, but it could be a Vikings team in a world of confusion if they don't start putting themselves first, and one single man last, even if that man is an NFL great like Favre.

Time to start Tavares Jackson and try and inject some enthusiasm into the team. It appears to have at least gained Dallas and Garrett some grace and some pride.
Old 25.11.2010, 03:27 PM
All Pro

Great column Gary. I don't really see the point in going through Tavaris Jackson again as this was something that was done years ago and he didn't really play at a good enough level.

Yes, he has had time to mature behind Favre but I reckon you ride the bus with Brett until the season is over, you don't pay him all that money to sit on the bench. Even if he is half crocked with injuries I still reckon he gives Minnesota the best chance to win.
Old 25.11.2010, 04:02 PM
Hall of Fame

At 3-7 I'd suggest not.
Old 25.11.2010, 04:09 PM
All Pro

Time for Favre not only to be sat down but as Mike Mayock has rightly pointed out to be released from the team and the Vikings to begin to put together some sort of plan for the next draft and the future at quarterback. The Vikings may want to re-sign Tavaris Jackson when he becomes a free agent after the season so they had better find out now if indeed he has learned anything from Favre.
Jackson being allowed to start the remaining portion of the season when expectations are low and there is as little pressure as you would reasonably expect to find on a starting quarrterback could be a just what he needs to perform well. Oh and by the way with Childress gone the playbook could also be opened up which would also be to his benefit.
Old 25.11.2010, 04:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Time for Favre not only to be sat down but as Mike Mayock has rightly pointed out to be released from the team and the Vikings to begin to put together some sort of plan for the next draft and the future at quarterback. The Vikings may want to re-sign Tavaris Jackson when he becomes a free agent after the season so they had better find out now if indeed he has learned anything from Favre.
Jackson being allowed to start the remaining portion of the season when expectations are low and there is as little pressure as you would reasonably expect to find on a starting quarrterback could be a just what he needs to perform well. Oh and by the way with Childress gone the playbook could also be opened up which would also be to his benefit.
Absolutely. If Jackson isn't the future as a starter then you'll find that out now (if he's put in) leaving you in no doubt. He may stop on as a back up if that cap fits for next season, with the draft etc taken in to consideration. To finish the season with Favre gives no advantage apart from gaining Favre a stat column tick. That in no way benefits the Minnesota Vikings in the slightest.
Old 26.11.2010, 06:26 AM
Rookie

I have heard, that, SIR BOB GELDOFF, has been contacted to organise a charity event, to help raise, the moral of the team, following the poor display by MR FAVRE...It is going to be called"SAVE OUR SEASON or TELL THIS WASHEDUP IT'S OVER" AID
Old 26.11.2010, 10:03 AM
All Pro

Would anyone (beyond Brett) actually care if his streak came to an end now? I don't think so. Probably the vast majority would now cheer to see him being put in his place. I'd say Brett's worn out his welcome.

I doubt even the Green Bay fans care now because Aaron Rodgers appears to have done the impossible ... to have replaced a legend!
Old 28.11.2010, 06:16 PM

On a tangent. Sign me up to the Aaron Rodgers fan club once he's performed well in a couple of must win games where his team is the underdog. Until then all I see is another Tony Romo. Lots of talent, but not a winner.
Old 30.11.2010, 09:57 PM

Hi Seahawks fan here , we are slowly becoming the Blackburn Rovers of the NFL !!! Nobody mentions us anymore, coach who tells us how great the opposition is every week , lots of injuries, again...... ps main players past sell by date..............