2012 Nike kits? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 26.12.2011, 05:57 PM
Starter

Default 2012 Nike kits?

Any idea when these might be revealed? Im thinking March/April time, after the dust has settled on this season...
Old 26.12.2011, 06:16 PM
All Pro

They'll be the same as now, but with a Nike logo instead of a Reebok one, I would have thought. This isn't like Football where Chelsea have 6 variations on a solid blue shirt in a season, and you have to have the current advertisment on the front in order to stay up to date.
Old 26.12.2011, 06:29 PM
Starter

I think Nike will make design changes, Id be surprised if they're identical, and that would possibly draw a lawsuit from Reebok if they've trademarked their designs.

Im planning on grabbing a Jets jersey, but theres not much point this season if Nike are releasing new ones next year. It seems all the NFL shops are starting to run dry of stock too as Reebok have probably stopped manufacturing them...
Old 26.12.2011, 06:34 PM
Hall of Fame

They'll be different but not by much. You might get a few totally new 'alternate' kits (a la Chargers powder blue). Here's hoping for a Pats red As for when, I imagine July or so.
Old 26.12.2011, 07:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvatron1983 View Post
I think Nike will make design changes, Id be surprised if they're identical, and that would possibly draw a lawsuit from Reebok if they've trademarked their designs.

Im planning on grabbing a Jets jersey, but theres not much point this season if Nike are releasing new ones next year. It seems all the NFL shops are starting to run dry of stock too as Reebok have probably stopped manufacturing them...
there'll be plenty of reasons to get reebok jerseys come the end of the season, there'll no doubt be a nice sum of money off of them, like when the bills introduced the new strip, all the old ones were 50% off, Reebok will make a killing from reducing the price.
Old 26.12.2011, 07:16 PM
All Pro

Pretty sure they will be revealed in April. Love this trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvWHNkLSDkg

I know Seattle are getting new uniforms, not sure about anyone else.
Old 26.12.2011, 08:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET_29 View Post
Pretty sure they will be revealed in April. Love this trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvWHNkLSDkg

I know Seattle are getting new uniforms, not sure about anyone else.
Denver are changing their uniform from navy to orange jerseys from 2012 onwards.http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1...denver-broncos

The way the NFL works is that the individual teams have to tell the NFL and announce a uniform change years in advance. I don't know how this works when the whole leagues uniform manufacturer changes but I'm pretty sure that the 90s-2001 Patriots wore Adidas jerseys and when the Broncos changed to navy in 97 they were Nike and in both cases they were identical to the ones they've worn since 2002, when Reebok took over, the only difference is the Reebok logo.

If your team hasn't announced anything about a change to the uniform expect to see nothing but a change from a Reebok logo to a Nike swoosh.

Last edited by MockingJay; 26.12.2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 26.12.2011, 08:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingJay View Post
If your team hasn't announced anything about a change to the uniform expect to see nothing but a change from a Reebok logo to a Nike swoosh.
That's exactly it. There's not likely to be any other differences.
Old 26.12.2011, 08:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitude View Post
They'll be different but not by much. You might get a few totally new 'alternate' kits (a la Chargers powder blue). Here's hoping for a Pats red As for when, I imagine July or so.
Pats red. ala Steve Grogan and Tony Eason of the 85 season. That would be a nice reminder of past glories too. I still love the old Pats logo from that era too. Only seen on the throw back hats nowadays I suspect
Old 26.12.2011, 09:36 PM
All Pro

I can't see the Raiders making any change to their uniform. Its very plain, very simple and very apt IMO!