What Grinds Your Gears - Page 122 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 04.01.2013, 10:32 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingJay33 View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned but I can't stand when some people think they are holier than thou because not only are they a fan of a small sport in this country they also must call football soccer and then proceed to slag it off at every opportunity.

Because being an NFL fan in the UK isn't "being different" enough for them. They mostly come off as pathetic and cliched. Like the most recent type of these people on the Premier League thread.

I also hate people who use the old "my friend went to the US and went to an American football game and hated it" and/or "I had an American friend visit and we took him to rugby and he was scared for them" lines.

The new cleaner at work used both of these lines in the same sentence the other day. Wish he cleaned as well as he runs his mouth. Useless knob.
I know you are certainly not referring to me anyway, but I use the term soccer on here simply to easily distinguish between the two sports because I would call both football. This would be the only place I use the term soccer. I do agree with what you are saying though when soccer is used and then the sport is slagged off straight after.
Old 04.01.2013, 10:38 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
Alan Carr, Paul O'Grady, James Corden, Stephen K Amos, Gok Wan, Lee Evans, Chris Moyles...all men that claim to be funny but are not.
I understand this thread is about what annoys you personally and that's fair enough and to be honest a few of those annoy me too, add in Stewart Lee who in my view is the least funny man on the planet. I guess the problem is that comedy is all personal interpretation and none of them would be able to continue doing it if they weren't successful.
Old 04.01.2013, 11:57 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
I understand this thread is about what annoys you personally and that's fair enough and to be honest a few of those annoy me too, add in Stewart Lee who in my view is the least funny man on the planet. I guess the problem is that comedy is all personal interpretation and none of them would be able to continue doing it if they weren't successful.
Stewart Lee doesnt belong anywhere near that list and its probably the best stand up about, of course you are entitled to your opinion and entitled to be wrong
Old 04.01.2013, 12:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
Stewart Lee doesnt belong anywhere near that list and its probably the best stand up about, of course you are entitled to your opinion and entitled to be wrong
Yeah I agree.

I'm sure people find Miranda Hart funny although I dont know anybody who does, my disdain is more for the fact that she is everywhere on the BBC now and is being rammed down our throats.
Old 04.01.2013, 12:56 PM
All Pro

Just been reading through this to see if NFL players being flagged for celebrating is in here, really winds me up
Old 04.01.2013, 02:02 PM
GOAT

people who take the racism debate down to some silly nth level extreme pc nonsense.

its not big, its not clever and it isnt even funny (well the packer joke was kinda funny .)
Old 04.01.2013, 02:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio View Post
Miranda Hart and James Corden.

They are omnipresent it seems and wholly infunny and irritating in equal measure
Dont know her, but he is a turd!
Old 04.01.2013, 02:38 PM
Starter

I cant stand Russell Howard- reminds me of the geeky kid in school that tried to make people laugh by doing baby voices and such like- but i suppose they are probably his target audience
Old 04.01.2013, 02:49 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
people who take the racism debate down to some silly nth level extreme pc nonsense.

its not big, its not clever and it isnt even funny (well the packer joke was kinda funny .)
Thanks....
Old 04.01.2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

Russell Brand.