What Grinds Your Gears - Page 500 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 13.08.2013, 08:15 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_wheelman View Post
What've you got against international women?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
Women are the worst Go home, women!
I should've pointed out that it's not women that are the problem, it's the concept of a Women's Day that irks me. Why not have a Men's Day? The reason? That would be sexist. But it's ok to imply this backhanded 'Women's Day' sexism. Just like the countless adverts on tv which have a pop at men. This country (not sure about others) seem to think it's ok to allow the media to 'dumb down' men in general.
Mother's / Father's Day is a great example. Mother's Day is dressed up as a time to reward and praise our Mothers, for they do a fantastic job, all those thankless tasks, so we should tell them on that special of days just how much they're appreciated and how they're the backbone of the family......Fathers, well despite doing all the above let's get him some socks with 'old fart' on them?! Not because that's a way of rewarding him, but because society has allowed this to become acceptable.
Old 13.08.2013, 08:40 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
I should've pointed out that it's not women that are the problem, it's the concept of a Women's Day that irks me. Why not have a Men's Day? The reason? That would be sexist. But it's ok to imply this backhanded 'Women's Day' sexism. Just like the countless adverts on tv which have a pop at men. This country (not sure about others) seem to think it's ok to allow the media to 'dumb down' men in general.
Mother's / Father's Day is a great example. Mother's Day is dressed up as a time to reward and praise our Mothers, for they do a fantastic job, all those thankless tasks, so we should tell them on that special of days just how much they're appreciated and how they're the backbone of the family......Fathers, well despite doing all the above let's get him some socks with 'old fart' on them?! Not because that's a way of rewarding him, but because society has allowed this to become acceptable.
Hear Hear I totally agree!
Old 13.08.2013, 08:41 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes a few adverts on TV and some jokes about fathers day means we are now even
Old 13.08.2013, 09:23 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
Elaborate.
Old 13.08.2013, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
Squad numbers grind my gears too on that topic. It looks likely one of our new signings (Razvan Rat, a defender) is going to be given No 8. Why would a LB wear 8? I know squad numbers have been around long enough now that tradition goes out the window, but I hate seeing such blatant idiocy. Thankfully both Dempsey and Kone have moved on from their respective clubs, so hopefully no more examples of forwards wearing #2.
When I played for my local u16 team I wore #8 as a CM but due to an injury to the left back I became the left wing back and spent the next two seasons playing left back and left wing wearing #8.

Respect to Rat!!! Hahaha

#LeftBackNumber8
Old 13.08.2013, 10:08 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Elaborate.
Well without launching into a massive rant I'm going to go with some bullet points:
  • Equal Pay Rights
  • Sexual Objectification
  • Domestic Violence and Abuse
  • **** Threats on social media
  • Restriction of reproductive rights
  • Lacks of basic rights in certain countries and religions
  • Stereotyping
Old 13.08.2013, 10:22 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
Another one I have not seen so no comment
there are no words
go get yourself a copy

Quote:
its not a great way to look at it, getting even because people should now pay for the stupid actions of those from the past.

Quote:
Well without launching into a massive rant I'm going to go with some bullet points:
  • Equal Pay Rights
  • Sexual Objectification
  • Stereotyping
but now days that sort of thing goes both ways
so its all alright
Old 13.08.2013, 10:27 AM
All Pro

Quote:
  • Equal Pay Rights
  • Sexual Objectification
  • Stereotyping
They do get equal pay now?. Usually men are in higher positions because they are usually better at doing the job. No discrimination just accepting that some sexes are better at some things than others. Like women are better at giving birth. Joke. Saying women don't get the positions they deserve is as sexist as looking at every man in a position of power as undeserving.

Last edited by Monsieur Moose; 13.08.2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 13.08.2013, 10:27 AM
GOAT

Quote:
  • Equal Pay Rights - agree on this - gender should not = differeing wages for the same job
  • Sexual Objectification - yes because men never suffer this - diet coke anyone - however it is rife with female exploitation out there and as long as Rhiannah think they are artists rather than role models not much will change - women buy into this and use it too so lets not badger men with it.
  • Domestic Violence and Abuse - over 40% of abuse victims are men and they are the ones we know about.
  • **** Threats on social media - not cool but women make threats over social media too - usually about keeping your children away from you cos you now have a new partner or missed a payment or some thing
  • Restriction of reproductive rights - they have much more rights than men so lets not get down this road - abortion has been done here and it aint pretty
  • Lacks of basic rights in certain countries and religions - what has other countries policies or religions have to do with Fathers day in the UK? my next door neighbour has new double glazing - I do not.. should I make a bullet point about that - do you see my point on that?
  • Stereotyping - this list you have made is full of sterotyping actually
Added some retorts in bold above - im sure we will disagree though.
Old 13.08.2013, 10:33 AM
All Pro

Domestic violence only counts with physical action. Women know how to hurt much deeper than this. Most men won't go this low regardless of the situation.