What Grinds Your Gears - Page 691 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #6901  
Old 30.12.2013, 07:47 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
6 is a considerable step below 4&5 though.
I do enjoy the battle with Luke and the emperor in 6 though.. but you can keep the Ewoks.. even at the worst 6 is still better than 1-3.
Reply With Quote
  #6902  
Old 01.01.2014, 12:33 AM
sweagle's Avatar
sweagle sweagle is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 10.03.2013
Posts: 919
Default

People who let off fireworks at midnight.
A new year whoopie censored do, they should have a lift in the back of a car with Hernandez.

People who make new year resolution(s)
Not the resolution(s) but why the new year.

Would say happy new year to all, but you know i would be lying.
Reply With Quote
  #6903  
Old 01.01.2014, 08:09 AM
HSTDriver's Avatar
HSTDriver HSTDriver is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 22.08.2009
Posts: 11,277
Default

Cash machine swallowing my card

Get back home in a panic, look online and find there's plenty of money available and the bank don't know why it got swallowed - the account checks out fine.

Relieved I've not been hacked but got to survive without a card til the replacement arrives
Reply With Quote
  #6904  
Old 01.01.2014, 01:27 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweagle View Post
People who let off fireworks at midnight.
A new year whoopie censored do, they should have a lift in the back of a car with Hernandez.

People who make new year resolution(s)
Not the resolution(s) but why the new year.

Would say happy new year to all, but you know i would be lying.
I get you man.. I get tired of all the ooh I am excited to see what (insert year here)will bring.. well let me tell you:

most likely much the same as you had the previous year.
The date and clock ticks over, this does not mean issues change or emotions change or situations go away.. I am not sure why fireworks at midnight either.. I guess folks want to mark the 'occasion' such as it is.
Reply With Quote
  #6905  
Old 01.01.2014, 01:28 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Cash machine swallowing my card

Get back home in a panic, look online and find there's plenty of money available and the bank don't know why it got swallowed - the account checks out fine.

Relieved I've not been hacked but got to survive without a card til the replacement arrives
This happened to me last year, it was a fault with the machine and the Bank (even with ID) would not return the card and issued a new one.. most frustrating.
Reply With Quote
  #6906  
Old 01.01.2014, 01:37 PM
sweagle's Avatar
sweagle sweagle is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 10.03.2013
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
I get you man.. I get tired of all the ooh I am excited to see what (insert year here)will bring.. well let me tell you:

most likely much the same as you had the previous year.
The date and clock ticks over, this does not mean issues change or emotions change or situations go away.. I am not sure why fireworks at midnight either.. I guess folks want to mark the 'occasion' such as it is.
Got it spot on with a politely and more eloquent post.
Unlike my potty mouthed version.

Playoffs not being shown live on "normal" telly.
Presume superbowl still on bbc?
Reply With Quote
  #6907  
Old 01.01.2014, 01:54 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

My sister moaning and asking why people are setting off fireworks at 00:28 because it is upsetting the dogs, but rather than tell them about it whines on FB.. when I challenged her on it she said she did not want to spoil their night as it was a special occasion. I gently pointed out that she had then answered her own question as to why they were setting off fireworks at that hour, it was 'a special occasion'

She had nothing else to say on the matter..

some people just need to think a little more - before looking a little silly
Reply With Quote
  #6908  
Old 01.01.2014, 01:56 PM
go_browns!'s Avatar
go_browns! go_browns! is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.01.2010
Posts: 3,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweagle View Post
Playoffs not being shown live on "normal" telly.
Presume superbowl still on bbc?
Both on channel 4.
Reply With Quote
  #6909  
Old 01.01.2014, 02:16 PM
sweagle's Avatar
sweagle sweagle is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 10.03.2013
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Both on channel 4.
Thought playoffs were highlights (albeit better than nothing) on c4.
Good to hear superbowl on c4 so i have toilet/smoke breaks.

Darn it not having anything to moan about grinds my gears
Reply With Quote
  #6910  
Old 01.01.2014, 02:19 PM
go_browns!'s Avatar
go_browns! go_browns! is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.01.2010
Posts: 3,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweagle View Post
Thought playoffs were highlights (albeit better than nothing) on c4.
Good to hear superbowl on c4 so i have toilet/smoke breaks.

Darn it not having anything to moan about grinds my gears
Yeah sorry, highlights of Play Offs, Super Bowl is live.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:30 AM.