What Grinds Your Gears - Page 971 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 02.06.2014, 01:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragut View Post
I was just wondering how you went 'up' to Brighton from Liverpool or Sheffield. Or did you live on the Isle of Wight in those days?
When you leave Liverpool, surely the only way is up?

Old 02.06.2014, 01:49 PM
Team Captain

One thing that is a daily occurrence, and I have pointed it out to a couple of colleagues is when you ask someone how they are, they reply with a day of the week.

"How are you?"
"Well, it's Friday"

It gets funnier when it's Wednesday, or they reply with "hump day" or "half way through the week"

Once I pointed it out they have noticed how common it is, I hope I can spread that around!
Old 02.06.2014, 01:55 PM
Team Captain

Also, people that are incapable of admitting they don't know something.

I saw a YouTube video of an American guy asking random Americans in the street about the upcoming World Cup.

He asked who won the last one, where it was held etc.

Two Americans said they would support Real Madrid.
One said he didn't think Bale would do much without Ronaldo in his team, because Ronaldo played for Portugal and Bale played for Italy.

The best one was when the interviewer asked about the young player who had taken everyone by surprise and snuck into the US squad. He used his own name, and one lad even said "I've seen him play once, he wasn't great"!!
Old 02.06.2014, 02:04 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staley View Post

I saw a YouTube video of an American guy asking random Americans in the street about the upcoming World Cup.

One said he didn't think Bale would do much without Ronaldo in his team, because Ronaldo played for Portugal and Bale played for Italy.

The best one was when the interviewer asked about the young player who had taken everyone by surprise and snuck into the US squad. He used his own name, and one lad even said "I've seen him play once, he wasn't great"!!
I dont think it is just Americans here though - my step son (12) saw me completing a World Cup predictor the other day and said:

Child: Oh the world cup - cool - I hope Liverpool win
Me: Liverpool is a place in England and is a 'domestic team' England are the national team and will be playing in the world cup not Liverpool
Child: Oh so Manchester United are not in it then?
Me: no because it is a world cup played by national teams - the national squad is made up of players from England who play in domestic sides like Liverpool or Man U
Child: Oh so is Ronaldo or Rooney playing? I hope Gerrard does well.

To be fair football (UK and rest of the world) is not big in our house (NFL/Rugby are) but even so at 12 and with school exposure I should have thought he would have known the difference..
Old 02.06.2014, 02:07 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staley View Post

i never really trust those kind of vids, maybe the answers are real but they might of said they dont know and then been asked to guess.

the videos can be funny but like most things it hard to know how real they are.
Old 02.06.2014, 02:11 PM
Hall of Fame

People that read your posts then type "In your opinion", in response.

It's under my username so it's clearly my opinion. I will not type the words "in my opinion" when it's clearly already my opinion as it's posted by me.
Old 02.06.2014, 02:15 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
People that read your posts then type "In your opinion", in response.

It's under my username so it's clearly my opinion. I will not type the words "in my opinion" when it's clearly already my opinion as it's posted by me.
In you're opinion that's true...

I don't totally disagree but there is lots on here that is presented as cast iron fact when it is *actually* an opinion.
Old 02.06.2014, 02:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
In you're opinion that's true...

I don't totally disagree but there is lots on here that is presented as cast iron fact when it is *actually* an opinion.
Regardless of how it's presented, if it's under my username, it's my opinion. I'm not validating that opinion by typing said opinion and then typing 'in my opinion'. Silly.
Old 02.06.2014, 02:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
Regardless of how it's presented, if it's under my username, it's my opinion. I'm not validating that opinion by typing said opinion and then typing 'in my opinion'. Silly.
Fair 'nuff.

Ok the other bit just grinds my gears anyway
Old 02.06.2014, 08:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragut View Post
I was just wondering how you went 'up' to Brighton from Liverpool or Sheffield. Or did you live on the Isle of Wight in those days?
lol another grind my gear, the assumption that if your in one particular location, like liverpool, then everything is automatically down ?? why cant it be up because of course it depends on what way you are facing at the time as well lol