What Grinds Your Gears - Page 1552 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 16.06.2016, 08:37 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Well I'm certainly not going to speak for Cindy and Dave (in his Union Jack shorts) on holiday in Marbella, who eat fish n chips every day (except for their Sunday roast), watch sky sports and eastenders and drink in The Red Lion. They love the Sun (newspaper) and worship the sun (the centre of their solar system). Spain is perfect for them, except for perhaps the Spanish. Their idea of speaking for themselves in Spain is shouting at the barman 'PEDRO? ANOTHER BEER, PER FAVOR?'
You have been watching to much Benidorm, oh and by the way us British have broadened our horizons we even travel to foreign places to watch their strange sports such as that one where you wear hats and these massive shoulder pads and have to throw the ball forwards for some one to catch it to score a touchdown i think it's called, you must have heard of the sport before, funny thing is didnt notice a sole wearing union jack shorts and t-shirts, mind you this was all in this current century not 20 years into the last one, barman another 2 Buds if you please.
Old 16.06.2016, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljstevens View Post
You have been watching to much Benidorm, oh and by the way us British have broadened our horizons we even travel to foreign places to watch their strange sports such as that one where you wear hats and these massive shoulder pads and have to throw the ball forwards for some one to catch it to score a touchdown i think it's called, you must have heard of the sport before, funny thing is didnt notice a sole wearing union jack shorts and t-shirts, mind you this was all in this current century not 20 years into the last one, barman another 2 Buds if you please.
Yes we do get along well with the people whose culture we've been borrowing for the last few decades, the former colony whose language we share.

Last edited by HSTDriver; 16.06.2016 at 09:50 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR!!!
Old 16.06.2016, 10:27 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Yeah, a pet peeve of mine. The Brit abroad is often an embarrassing sight.
Euro 2016 apart, this is why I always prefer holidays in France and Italy to ones in Spain or Greece. The sorts of which you speak don't normally go to France or Italy because they are hardly any package holidays there.
Old 16.06.2016, 11:28 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Always fun to order the local cuisine (the stuff hidden away at the back or bottom of the menus), you do get some funny looks from the wait staff
I tend to do that. And when they ask "with chips?" they get REALLY confused when I reply, "No thanks. What would YOU have with this?"
Old 16.06.2016, 12:04 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Euro 2016 apart, this is why I always prefer holidays in France and Italy to ones in Spain or Greece. The sorts of which you speak don't normally go to France or Italy because they are hardly any package holidays there.
Yeah your right only the more refined British folk go to Italy or France the union jack wearing, fish and chip munching and eastender watching British riff raff all go to Spain or Greece (apart from those that frequent Marbella of course) haha if you could listen your self.
Old 16.06.2016, 12:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljstevens View Post
Yeah your right only the more refined British folk go to Italy or France the union jack wearing, fish and chip munching and eastender watching British riff raff all go to Spain or Greece (apart from those that frequent Marbella of course) haha if you could listen your self.
Is this some sort of joke I don't get? Because I thought that Marbella was in Spain. British tourists are an odd bunch, some of the very best and the very worst you will encounter depending on what sort you meet and where you are. You get it a bit with Dutch and Germans too but for the most part there's no real equivalent elsewhere.
Old 16.06.2016, 01:00 PM
Team Captain

[QUOTE=European Bob;2279554]Is this some sort of joke I don't get? Because I thought that Marbella was in Spain. British tourists are an odd bunch, some of the very best and the very worst you will encounter depending on what sort you meet and where you are. You get it a bit with Dutch and Germans too but for the most part there's no real equivalent elsewhere.[/QUOTE

So the Brits who like to watch sky sports, eat an all day breakfast and have a few beers are strange? Really? So if you want a paella with a glass of Rose whilst your jumper is slung over shoulder your ok?
Old 16.06.2016, 03:21 PM
MVP

[QUOTE=ljstevens;2279563]
Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Is this some sort of joke I don't get? Because I thought that Marbella was in Spain. British tourists are an odd bunch, some of the very best and the very worst you will encounter depending on what sort you meet and where you are. You get it a bit with Dutch and Germans too but for the most part there's no real equivalent elsewhere.[/QUOTE

So the Brits who like to watch sky sports, eat an all day breakfast and have a few beers are strange? Really? So if you want a paella with a glass of Rose whilst your jumper is slung over shoulder your ok?
No. Because that's not what I said. Re-read my post.
Old 20.06.2016, 01:41 PM
All Pro

People whose TV is too big for their front room.
Old 20.06.2016, 01:52 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
People whose TV is too big for their front room.

can a telly really be too big