Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 96 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 25.07.2016, 01:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
So why call out other team engineers saying they weren't earning their money if they haven't caught up with the current top boys? You could just as easy argue they are now but the Merc boys are flying whilst they try to catch up. Just enjoy the ride whilst your team is on top.

It's not my head in the sand, thank you.
My 'seems not' was directed at that my idea that it was a level playing field was incorrect, following on from Lees post where he contiually alluded to Mercs advantage since the previous rule change, like they gained some sort of unfair advantage. I wasn't saying that other engineers weren't doing enough.

Like I said, and you did too, it all goes in cycles with a top team and the rest playing catch up. It's a shame that rarely it is no more than two teams at the same level.
Old 25.07.2016, 01:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Like I said, and you did too, it all goes in cycles with a top team and the rest playing catch up. It's a shame that rarely it is no more than two teams at the same level.
I think that's a fair assessment
Old 28.07.2016, 08:10 PM
Hall of Fame

So the radio ban has now been lifted apart from on the formation lap,guess its back to driver coaching and fans moaning again.Teams in return for the change have to give the broadcasters more access to team radio.

Also no HALO in 2017....
Old 29.07.2016, 01:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
So the radio ban has now been lifted apart from on the formation lap,guess its back to driver coaching and fans moaning again.Teams in return for the change have to give the broadcasters more access to team radio.

Also no HALO in 2017....
In some circumstances it might save a driver, in others it might be part of the cause of death. F1 doesn't want to be busted for corporate manslaughter in the event of the wrong type of accident. No other decision possible.
Old 30.07.2016, 11:28 AM
MVP

No penalty for Lewis for an unsafe release in the pits during practice, team fined €10,000. Right decision, always seems harsh to punish the driver for a team decision. Looks like Nico will have to win his home grand prix the hard way.
Old 31.07.2016, 02:32 PM
MVP

Nice to see that Lewis can do starts. Red Bull are doing well, Ferrari are nowhere they want to be. Good job by J.B. picking up points for 8th.
Old 31.07.2016, 03:15 PM
MVP

And another thing:

We had a young lady do a very American rendition (in style) of the anthem before the German Grand Prix today. And she was immediately followed by faux Russian meercats larking about in an advert.

Sucks all the dignity right out of the occasion, somehow.
Old 14.08.2016, 02:06 PM
MVP

How great is it that the MotoGP break ends before the F1 and IndyCar break. The first Austrian MotoGP for 19 years produced lots of action, including a win for a rookie in the Moto3 event and the first MotoGP win for Ducati since Casey Stoner was riding for them.
Old 17.08.2016, 12:05 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
How great is it that the MotoGP break ends before the F1 and IndyCar break. The first Austrian MotoGP for 19 years produced lots of action, including a win for a rookie in the Moto3 event and the first MotoGP win for Ducati since Casey Stoner was riding for them.
It did make for a good Sundays viewing.
Old 21.08.2016, 02:06 PM
MVP

Triffic MotoGP day for the Brits -- a win for McPhee in Moto3, Lowes on the podium in Moto2 and Cal Crutchlow the hero of MotoGP.

Let us hope that this evening's IndyCar race keeps up the good work.