Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 97 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #961  
Old 21.08.2016, 02:46 PM
Ravens55's Avatar
Ravens55 Ravens55 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.10.2009
Posts: 1,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
Triffic MotoGP day for the Brits -- a win for McPhee in Moto3, Lowes on the podium in Moto2 and Cal Crutchlow the hero of MotoGP.

Let us hope that this evening's IndyCar race keeps up the good work.
Cracking viewing.
Reply With Quote
  #962  
Old 23.08.2016, 02:14 PM
JensonF's Avatar
JensonF JensonF is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 03.09.2009
Posts: 6,554
Default

RHR was the star of the show at Pocono, when they finally got round to it. Going from dead last to the front of the pack was an amazing achievement. Doing it twice was outstanding. And he would have won if not for that transient electrical problem.

Shame some Aussie whinger had to deprive Alyoshin of a win after he spent so much time in the lead.
Reply With Quote
  #963  
Old 27.08.2016, 01:34 PM
JensonF's Avatar
JensonF JensonF is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 03.09.2009
Posts: 6,554
Default

Qualifying in Belgium was a bit of a joke. How does the FIA plan to make losing 35 places on the grid work? Borrow some vehicles from the car park to make up the numbers needed to make someone start that number of places down from where they qualified?
Reply With Quote
  #964  
Old 27.08.2016, 02:13 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Well its only that silly a penalty because they changed the rules after last years McClaren/Honda issues where they kept getting grid penalties but any not served got carried over.Mercede's have cheated the system by taking 3 engines or major parts in one go.

the tyre's seem to be going to decide tomorrow's race with the super-softs just struggling in the 30 plus degree's heat.
Reply With Quote
  #965  
Old 28.08.2016, 09:55 AM
Sunshine State's Avatar
Sunshine State Sunshine State is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 01.11.2015
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
Qualifying in Belgium was a bit of a joke. How does the FIA plan to make losing 35 places on the grid work? Borrow some vehicles from the car park to make up the numbers needed to make someone start that number of places down from where they qualified?
It's going to have to be looked at again, because anyone with a penalty now just won't bother to qualify.

Last nights Indycar race from Texas was good as always.
Reply With Quote
  #966  
Old 28.08.2016, 12:07 PM
mattchew's Avatar
mattchew mattchew is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 09.09.2007
Posts: 2,491
Default

Oh dear, Ferrari lose any faint hope of a podium
Reply With Quote
  #967  
Old 28.08.2016, 02:19 PM
JensonF's Avatar
JensonF JensonF is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 03.09.2009
Posts: 6,554
Default

The Belgian GP certainly wasn't boring, but for all the wrong reasons. Well done Lewis Hamilton for getting up to a damage limiting 3rd. I guess Verstappen collected most of the dodgem points for tagging other cars. And there'll be a big queue behind the bike sheds of drivers wanting to thump him.
Reply With Quote
  #968  
Old 28.08.2016, 07:30 PM
Manic Patriot's Avatar
Manic Patriot Manic Patriot is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.01.2009
Posts: 3,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
The Belgian GP certainly wasn't boring, but for all the wrong reasons. Well done Lewis Hamilton for getting up to a damage limiting 3rd. I guess Verstappen collected most of the dodgem points for tagging other cars. And there'll be a big queue behind the bike sheds of drivers wanting to thump him.
Yeah he had to steer a clearly different car in the right direction. Well done
Reply With Quote
  #969  
Old 28.08.2016, 08:04 PM
Sunshine State's Avatar
Sunshine State Sunshine State is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 01.11.2015
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
The Belgian GP certainly wasn't boring, but for all the wrong reasons. Well done Lewis Hamilton for getting up to a damage limiting 3rd. I guess Verstappen collected most of the dodgem points for tagging other cars. And there'll be a big queue behind the bike sheds of drivers wanting to thump him.
I think Kimi will be at the front of the queue.
Reply With Quote
  #970  
Old 28.08.2016, 09:12 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Well its only that silly a penalty because they changed the rules after last years McClaren/Honda issues where they kept getting grid penalties but any not served got carried over.Mercede's have cheated the system by taking 3 engines or major parts in one go.

the tyre's seem to be going to decide tomorrow's race with the super-softs just struggling in the 30 plus degree's heat.
its not cheating the system its going by the rules that are in place.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:51 AM.