Politics - Page 1159 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 05.10.2016, 02:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
Here's some other stuff going on in government circles:

The Home Sec., A. Rudd, would have us believe that she can introduce legislation to make it easier to deport criminals from EU countries, who are currently unshiftable due to 2004 free-movement regulations. And unduly lenient prison sentences will be jacked up. Sadly, there is no danger that the judges who handed out the lenient sentences will be made to line up in a public place for a compulsory slap on the back of the head, as administered by Special Agent Gibbs of NCIS when one of his gang screws up.

Oh, dear! Our Chancellor, P. Hammond, has turned out to be a Corbyn-lite Brownite, who thinks “investing” the taxpayer’s cash; in the Gordon Brown sense of investing in a pint of beer down the pub; will cure all ills. Bummer. Living within the nation’s means seems to be off the table whoever is in power.

The Chancellor, a Bremoaner, is getting a bit of a booting from Cabinet colleagues over his attempts to talk Britain down to “prove” that the Project Fear created to frighten the electorate during the EU referendum campaign was justified. But his colleagues are letting him know that rigging the present to make himself look right in the past just isn’t on.

The goverment is planning to root out illegal migrants who are working here and take action against people employing them in a bid to make employers recruit British people.
Ah really, that's interesting ? Do you have a link to that story ?

I read Amber Heard's proposal that would require employers to publish how many international staff they employ but I presume that must be a different article as no mention of rooting out illegals.
Old 05.10.2016, 02:51 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Theresa May is going well and truly down the rabbit hole with her speech today, seemingly ignoring the impact of her own role of the last 6 years, pretending that she wasn't a remain supporter, and blaming the 'liberal elite' for the woes of the poorest in society (when the liberal elite are the ones who fought and argued that the rich should be more heavily burdened following the global financial crisis - not the poor).

Truly baffling.

someone just wants to hold on to there power, saying things like that keeps certain types on side and avoids the pressure being applied to hold a real election.
Old 05.10.2016, 04:31 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylee73 View Post

I read Amber Heard's proposal that would require employers to publish how many international staff they employ but I presume that must be a different article as no mention of rooting out illegals.
Here's one, but there are lots of similar pieces in the nationals:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...new-work-visas

The general idea seems to be to put British workers first and before cheap labour from abroad -- assuming there are still people here willing to work for not much money. And cut down on the number of people sneaking into the country dodgily and just overstaying.
Old 05.10.2016, 04:35 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylee73 View Post

Pretty terrifying.
Old 05.10.2016, 05:48 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
Here's one, but there are lots of similar pieces in the nationals:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...new-work-visas

The general idea seems to be to put British workers first and before cheap labour from abroad -- assuming there are still people here willing to work for not much money. And cut down on the number of people sneaking into the country dodgily and just overstaying.
Cheers, I'll have a read in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
Pretty terrifying.
Yeah, can't see it being the most popular of proposals either within the party or with British employers.
Old 06.10.2016, 06:49 AM
MVP

"For the state must draw a sharp line of distinction between those, who as members of the nation, are the foundation and support of its existence and greatness, and those who are domiciled in the state simply as earners of their livelihood there."

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, chapter 2.
Old 06.10.2016, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Lots of stuff on social media about schools requesting parents via increasingly fraught emails and texts requesting information about the nationality and birthplace of their children (no need to respond if they are British born). Apparently many schools have never requested this information before.

Incidentally if you're asked this information about your children by their school you have the absolute right to refuse reply.

As a 36 year old fella born and bred in the south east of England, I've never felt this way about Britain before. I'm hugely concerned about what is going on, the increasing divide between indigenous and foreign population, being willingly slammed through society by our own government.

I'd like to say we live in interesting times, but we don't - We live in terrifying and increasingly disgusting times.
Old 06.10.2016, 12:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post

I'd like to say we live in interesting times, but we don't - We live in terrifying and increasingly disgusting times.
I feel the same sometimes. I feel like the world is upside down. Everything that used to be good and proper and natural and real has been replaced by twisted logic, depravity, lies, cheating and something sinister and contrived.
Old 06.10.2016, 12:12 PM
MVP

Fracking has just been approved at one site in the North West.

Thanks Downing Street, just not in your backyard eh?

Stick it up North like the rest of your dirty laundry.
Old 06.10.2016, 12:29 PM
MVP

British subs made with French Steel?

Nobody made a bid, lets keep costs down right, cheaper option?

Is cheaper better? If we had any British Steel left, big if, and it was more expensive, would the extra expense not come back into the economy with tax, N.I. contributions and new spending powers from the newly created jobs?

Why is cheaper really better when the money comes from government coffers anyway?