Site Upgrade - October 27, 2017 - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 29.10.2017, 01:57 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
at least two members of the forum are having access issues with a fatal error.
If you could PM me their usernames I will try to email them under the address we have in the system for them. Otherwise the best option to tell people who can't login is:

1) Make sure cookies (and 3rd party cookies) are enabled
2) Make sure not in incognito/private browsing mode
3) In still can't login, try creating a new account, post in this thread, then I can always merge the accounts later

Quote:
Richard said this was coming up.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'GSKeyNotFoundException' in /home/forum/public_html/includes/GSSDK.php:567 Stack trace: #0 /home/forum/public_html/includes/GSSDK.php(592): GSObject->get('firstName', '@@EMPTY@@') #1 /home/forum/public_html/global.php(400) : eval()'d code(85): GSObject->getString('firstName') #2 /home/forum/public_html/global.php(400): eval() #3 /home/forum/public_html/spy.php(34): require_once('/home/forum/pub...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/forum/public_html/includes/GSSDK.php on line 567
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
I've changed my time zone back to GMT but the clocks in the live feed and threads are still out by an hour.
On my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
I have not actually had any issues logging in previously, in that i have been logged in constantly.

Until this 'upgrade' of course. Logged in yesterday, had to log in again today.

Absolute joke of a site ran by complete idiots.
Have you tried refreshing the page and waiting one to two seconds? You should auto sign back in with this new system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branTT View Post
How can I get rid of this annoying twitter section on the left?
I'll work on a temporary solution today as long as I don't lose power/internet (big storm today.)
Old 29.10.2017, 04:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
at least two members of the forum are having access issues with a fatal error.
Quote:
Richard said this was coming up.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'GSKeyNotFoundException' in /home/forum/public_html/includes/GSSDK.php:567 Stack trace: #0 /home/forum/public_html/includes/GSSDK.php(592): GSObject->get('firstName', '@@EMPTY@@') #1 /home/forum/public_html/global.php(400) : eval()'d code(85): GSObject->getString('firstName') #2 /home/forum/public_html/global.php(400): eval() #3 /home/forum/public_html/spy.php(34): require_once('/home/forum/pub...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/forum/public_html/includes/GSSDK.php on line 567
Finally managed to log in!

When I originally updated my details I don't think it displayed the 'First Name' and 'Second Name' boxes (or the country drop down either I think). I'm guessing that's what was causing the problems as '('firstName')' is mentioned in the error code James quoted for me above.

I also made sure to click 'I Accept' for cookies on the homepage but I don't think that made a huge difference as opposed to updating of my details.
Old 29.10.2017, 04:26 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post

When I originally updated my details I don't think it displayed the 'First Name' and 'Second Name' boxes (or the country drop down either I think). I'm guessing that's what was causing the problems as '('firstName')' is mentioned in the error code James quoted for me above.

I also made sure to click 'I Accept' for cookies on the homepage but I don't think that made a huge difference as opposed to updating of my details.
Glad you made it. The extra fields to fill in were another thing that was out of our hands, just the way the new system works, I had to put it in too.
Old 29.10.2017, 04:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post

In now. Thanks RC.

Bit daft you get a crippling error message just because your name isn’t on your profile.
Old 29.10.2017, 05:03 PM
MVP

Well I don't know what you guys did, but my email address is now being recognized by the password reset system for this account, wouldn't work at all on the old looking forum!

Whilst the layout is still weird, major pat on the back for getting the password reset issues sorted! I'm back in my old account after 4 months of trying!!! (This one!)

Last edited by Dragonic; 29.10.2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 31.10.2017, 01:29 PM
Team Captain

Hi BirdOPrey,
once upon a time on a forum far far away I had the username Phisch but had to revert to the suffixed _2 version when things here went a bit...wonky. Is there any chance that account still exists somewhere in the NFLUK forum server purgatory? If so could the 2 accounts be merged please?
Old 03.11.2017, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Hi BirdOfPrey, the site looks a lot better and seems to be stable. It's a pleasure to navigate and post once again. I've not tried everything out yet, but PMs and so on appear to be working fine.

One little issue that I've had for a while now (long preceding this update) is that I no longer receive emails when people report posts/spam etc - I've had a look at my settings and i can't see any reason why I've not been getting them.
Old 03.11.2017, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Pedal Bin has been in touch via Twitter to say that since the recent upgrade he cannot access the forum.

He attached a picture of what he sees. It didn't even give him a chance to log in, just took him straight to the error page. He's tried every browser and it's the same story.
Old 03.11.2017, 12:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Pedal Bin has been in touch via Twitter to say that since the recent upgrade he cannot access the forum.

He attached a picture of what he sees. It didn't even give him a chance to log in, just took him straight to the error page. He's tried every browser and it's the same story.
I expect he's tried this but......

Make sure he's cleared his cookies. Access the homepage afresh I.e. Don't go via an old link or tab. When (If) he gets to the homepage, log in from there not the forum, and/or if possible check his profile to make sure all the fields are filled in correctly. If they are, and it's allowed him to log in, then access the forum. Oh, and accapt cookies on the homepage too.

When I had issues logging in, and I went via pre existing links/tabs/thumbnails (or whatever they are called) i got error messages immediately too. It tried to load some 'eu.socialize' Web address or something along those lines, then gave me the fatal error message that is posted further back in this thread.
Old 03.11.2017, 02:47 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisch_2 View Post
Hi BirdOPrey,
once upon a time on a forum far far away I had the username Phisch but had to revert to the suffixed _2 version when things here went a bit...wonky. Is there any chance that account still exists somewhere in the NFLUK forum server purgatory? If so could the 2 accounts be merged please?
I will PM you for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Hi BirdOfPrey, the site looks a lot better and seems to be stable. It's a pleasure to navigate and post once again. I've not tried everything out yet, but PMs and so on appear to be working fine.

One little issue that I've had for a while now (long preceding this update) is that I no longer receive emails when people report posts/spam etc - I've had a look at my settings and i can't see any reason why I've not been getting them.
Thank you. As for the email, I checked your address in the settings. The domain your email is on is notorious among forum admins for having the hardest time to have emails delivered, they routinely drop tons of forum based emails that set off their spam detectors. I would advise changing email domains if at all possible. Google/Gmail generally has no issue nor do many other domains not owned by the parent company of your current address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post

Can I get a link to the tweet, please?