NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 46 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 24.03.2019, 01:13 PM
All Pro

There’s one safety who I have a mid 1st round grade on who I am surprised is still there
Old 24.03.2019, 01:14 PM
Team Captain

Pick made, PM sent to Lesterhayes.
Old 24.03.2019, 01:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
There’s one safety who I have a mid 1st round grade on who I am surprised is still there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott1971 View Post
I love Rapp. Just in terms of safeties, removing the team fit from the equation, he's no.1 from the guys I've watched. Very little on his tape not to like other than the question over his range.

If your team needs a versatile guy, either as a 2 deep safety or a box safety, this is the guy.

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 24.03.2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 24.03.2019, 01:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Think Brown will have a more successful NFL career than his teammate Metcalf, and could easily be the most productive WR in this Draft class. Fills a definite need for a Colts’ WR corps that features little other than Hilton.
I see it a bit differently. I think it's a case of Metcalf having greater risk. I think he has a much higher ceiling and much lower floor.

I can see him in 3 years being the next Julio Jones, or the next Corey Coleman. I think Brown is safer, but with less potential
Old 24.03.2019, 01:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott1971 View Post
Not the safety I had, but I do love Rapp - was hoping he’d make it to 54, would be a perfect Chung replacement in a year or so
Old 24.03.2019, 01:40 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
originally I was targeting Lock for my early rnd 2 pick for Denver but I still have Haskins ranked ahead of him on my board.
I have no doubt he will be a successful NFL QB, I even scouted him in person last season when I was over for the Gators game v Mizzu
I saw exactly where I think he is in that game, some pro like traits and soem things to work on. I have no doubt he could reach where you say but for now I think I have Haskins ahead of him because to me anyway, I think he has shown more 'actuals' as opposed to 'potentials'. But I would be confident that both have potential to be excellent QB's , I think there is a bit too much looking towards the 2020 class, I would rate these guys pretty highly

Lock has done it over a longer period though and lacks the team that you get in Ohio.

Haskins could make it but seems to have further to go at this point, Lock also has better wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Think Brown will have a more successful NFL career than his teammate Metcalf, and could easily be the most productive WR in this Draft class. Fills a definite need for a Colts’ WR corps that features little other than Hilton.

i think Brown might get more yards but i think DK will have more TDs.

Lock to DK sounds good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I love Rapp. Just in terms of safeties, removing the team fit from the equation, he's no.1 from the guys I've watched. Very little on his tape not to like other than the question over his range.

If your team needs a versatile guy, either as a 2 deep safety or a box safety, this is the guy.

same Rapp looks great and i was a tad shocked he made it out of the 1st round.

Last edited by goodkarma84; 24.03.2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 24.03.2019, 01:44 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I see it a bit differently. I think it's a case of Metcalf having greater risk. I think he has a much higher ceiling and much lower floor.

I can see him in 3 years being the next Julio Jones, or the next Corey Coleman. I think Brown is safer, but with less potential

and we have Coleman already

overall i agree with that, the neck stuff could end up being an issue too but theres no way to know based on the limited information.
Old 24.03.2019, 01:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Not the safety I had, but I do love Rapp - was hoping he’d make it to 54, would be a perfect Chung replacement in a year or so
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post

same Rapp looks great and i was a tad shocked he made it out of the 1st round.
I've seen descriptions of him as a high floor guy, which if the reports of his football intelligence are true, that certainly looks the case. You can count on one hand the number of bad plays he had.

I had Rapp/Adderley, AJ Brown, and one other in mind when I looked to trade up, but it was mainly between the safeties. I think Rapp might actually be a little rangier than he's being made out to be, and Adderley might be a liitlle less 'FS' than we're being led to believe.

I just can't see Rapp being a bad pick irl. He might not be anything like him if I watched them both in depth, but my initial thoughts were perhaps Rapp has a bit of Eric Weddle about him?
Old 24.03.2019, 02:37 PM
All Pro

As ever, my next pick (40) can be got for a good trade - I have a player in mind who I wanted at 32, who is still there for the moment, so will need to be a good one, but if anyone is wanting to trade up I’m always willing to listen/addicted to trades
Old 24.03.2019, 03:06 PM
All Pro

Just logged on to 4 trade offers so give me a little while to have a bit of back and forward.