NFLUK 2019 7 round Mock Draft-Discussion thread - Page 58 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #571  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:04 AM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
TRADE ALERT!!! (part 2)

Texans send 55 & 195 to the 49ers for 67,104 & 176
Haha! I don't think I've ever seen someone do so well out of 2 trades in such a short space of time before doing this! Talk about supply and demand at its best!
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:09 AM
Ollyrules's Avatar
Ollyrules Ollyrules is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.12.2012
Posts: 4,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritt 23 View Post
Thanks.

So he wasn't going to get past you at 56? I was fearing that. Looks like a Belichick player all day long, to me.
I was looking at him more at 64 than 56 to be honest, so seemingly he wouldn’t have got there!

But agree - he is a prototypical Patriots DE
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:16 AM
Gritt 23's Avatar
Gritt 23 Gritt 23 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Haha! I don't think I've ever seen someone do so well out of 2 trades in such a short space of time before doing this! Talk about supply and demand at its best!
Right place, right time.

I don't think either trade were especially one-sided in terms of trade points, but some cracking accumulation of picks for the Texans.
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:27 AM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritt 23 View Post
Right place, right time.

I don't think either trade were especially one-sided in terms of trade points, but some cracking accumulation of picks for the Texans.
Sorry, didn't mean they were one-sided (haven't looked at the trade chart). More the fact he got a haul of picks. Sometimes it's difficult to get a trade, and you rarely get chance to do it back to back.

Cancelling things out, from the 2 trades, he turned 54 into a high 3rd, a high 4th, and a low 4th. That's not the easiest of things to do sometimes.

The only worry I have with Allen is that poor athletic testing. On tape if he times the snap he's got a chance, but if he's a tad slow it's heavy going to get to the QB. I know he's more of a run defender than a fly off the edge type, but that lack of agility might be harder to overcome at the next level.
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:30 AM
Parrott1971's Avatar
Parrott1971 Parrott1971 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 04.09.2012
Posts: 282
Default

Pick made, pm sent to the Patriots.
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:37 AM
Ollyrules's Avatar
Ollyrules Ollyrules is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.12.2012
Posts: 4,682
Default

TRADE TRADE TRADE WAYNE WAKE UP ITS ANOTHER TRADE

Your six time reigning world champion New England Patriots have traded the #56 pick of the NFLUK draft to the Green Bay Packers for picks #75 and #118

The Green Bay Packers are on the clock

END OF TRADE WAYNE GO BACK TO SLEEP
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:38 AM
Gritt 23's Avatar
Gritt 23 Gritt 23 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
The only worry I have with Allen is that poor athletic testing. On tape if he times the snap he's got a chance, but if he's a tad slow it's heavy going to get to the QB. I know he's more of a run defender than a fly off the edge type, but that lack of agility might be harder to overcome at the next level.
Which is a fair point, and if he had better athletic testing, he's a 1st Rounder. In time, this may mean that he does kick inside and play DT.

He may even line-up inside on 3rd down, and a pure pin-the-ears-back rusher comes in. Perhaps a limited young guy, who is all physicality and little game savvy, who just wants to be told to get after the QB. Or an older pass rusher who needs to play off a limited snap count.

He is more of a run stuffer, but we certainly looked in need of that when we came a cropper vs Rams.
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:40 AM
Gritt 23's Avatar
Gritt 23 Gritt 23 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
TRADE TRADE TRADE WAYNE WAKE UP ITS ANOTHER TRADE

Your six time reigning world champion New England Patriots have traded the #56 pick of the NFLUK draft to the Green Bay Packers for picks #75 and #118

The Green Bay Packers are on the clock

END OF TRADE WAYNE GO BACK TO SLEEP
More trades than Wall Street. Maybe the government should be in touch, as we seem to know how to pull off a deal, and they could do with a bit of help with that.
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 26.03.2019, 11:53 AM
markdimmock812's Avatar
markdimmock812 markdimmock812 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 13.09.2009
Posts: 860
Default

Pick made and PM sent.

Isabella is my draft crush this year. Thrilled to get him.
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 26.03.2019, 12:07 PM
RavenOggy's Avatar
RavenOggy RavenOggy is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 05.09.2009
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdimmock812 View Post
Pick made and PM sent.

Isabella is my draft crush this year. Thrilled to get him.
Easy to fall in love with him, great pick!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 03:07 AM.