Ryan Connelly,LB,Wisconsin 5.143
Jamal Davis,Edge,Akron
Quadree Ollison,RB,Pitt 5.142
Jon'vea Johnson WR,Toledo
Rashad Fenton,CB,North Carolina 6.201
Darryl Johnson,EDGE,North Carolina A&T 7.225
Dakota Allen,LB,Texas Tech,LB 7.251
Darrin Hall,RB,Pitt

As the draft drew closer it seemed my picks from rounds 2-5 might be bunched together in where they were taken and this is how it turned out.Did ok with UDFA'S even after just getting pipped on my no.1 target,Cody Barton.

Last edited by DarwinTheAardvark; 29.04.2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 30.04.2019, 03:57 PM
Team Captain

Tennessee Titans mock draft (where players went in NFL draft)

Round 1. #19 - Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College (#14 - Falcons)
Round 3. #68 - Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan (#77 - Patriots)
Round 3. #82 - David Long, CB, Michigan (#79 - Rams)
Round 3. #93 - Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia (#56 - Chiefs)
Round 4. #121 - Blake Cashman, LB, Minnesota (#157 - Jets)
Round 5. #157 - Phil Haynes, OG, Wake Forest (#124 - Seahawks)
Round 6. #188 - Demarcus Christmas, DT, Florida State (#209 - Seahawks)

UDFA - L.J. Scott, RB, Michigan State (UDFA - signed for Ravens)
UDFA - Marcus McMaryion, QB, Fresno State (UDFA - invited to Raiders camp)

Lindstrom - Had been one of my top O linemen in the draft for a while and the most pro-ready guard in the class. Suspect the Falcons may have been in for both guys taken in the two picks immediately before theirs (Gary at #12, Wilkins at #13) but Lindstrom is a worthy first rounder.

Winovich - In the mock I traded out of the second, which resulted in three third round picks. I used the first on Winovich as a rusher from the outside. Really liked the Patriots getting him, that feels like a great match.

Long - Picked Long only three places away from when the Rams did. Strong, press corner who can contribute early.

Hardman - One of my favourite receivers in the draft. I was very happy to get Hardman and saw it as great value at #93. The league obviously agreed on his value as he went in round two to the Chiefs, who must see him as a replacement for a certain mr. hill.

Cashman - I liked quite a few of the quicker linebackers in the draft. With Cashman's dodgy medical record, the fifth round when the Jets took him is probably right.

Haynes - Haynes was one of my top sleepers in the draft and so I was very pleased when he was picked by the Seahawks. Even more so that they took him as high as round four.

Christmas - I did not have a pick in the final round so just went for depth at #188 with my last choice. Christmas was also taken by the Seahawks as competition on the D line.

Scott - I've enjoyed watching Scott run the ball for a couple of years. Although injuries affected his stock he was one of my sleepers and I was rooting for him to be drafted. He's signed as an UDFA with the Ravens.

McMaryion - He had a good, successful season with Fresno State and knowing the Titans only have Mariota and Tannehill on the roster at QB, I took McMaryion just for some depth fix. He has been invited to the Raiders rookie minicamp.
Old 01.05.2019, 04:21 PM
All Pro

7. Jacksonville - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama - Drafted 11th by Cincinnati Bengals
39. Jacksonville (via Green Bay and Tampa Bay) - N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State - Drafted 32nd by New England Patriots
69. Jacksonville - Amani Oruwariye, CB , Penn State - Drafted 146th by Detroit Lions
98. Jacksonville - Joe Jackson, EDGE, Miami Drafted 165th by Dallas Cowboys
109. Jacksonville - Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami Drafted 181st by Buffalo Bills
178. Jacksonville - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan Drafted 141st by Pittsburgh Steelers
194. Jacksonville (via Green Bay) - Dillon Mitchell, Wide Receiver, Oregon Drafted 239th by Minnesota Vikings
236. Jacksonville - Hjalte Froholdt, G, Arkansas Drafted 118th by New England Patriots

Undrafted Free Agents

Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern Drafted 167th by Philadelphia Eagles
Karan Higdon, RB, Michigan - Picked up by Houston
Travis Fulgham, WR, Old Dominion Drafted 184th by Detroit Lions
Ronheen Bingham, Edge, Arkansas State
Cody Thompson, WR Toledo - Picked up by Kansas
William Sweet, OT, North Carolina - Picked up by Arizona
Justin Skule, OT, Vanderbilt Drafted 183rd by San Francisco 49ers
Ricky Walker, DT, Virginia Tech - Picked up by Dallas
John Baron II, K, San Diego State
Justin Yoon, K, Notre Dame
Jack Fox, P, Rice
Koda Martin, OT, Syracuse - Picked up by Chargers
Nyquan Murray, WR, Florida State
Brian Fineanganofo, OT, Idaho State
Nate Brooks, CB, North Texas
Delvon Randall, S, Temple

First pick came round and I was between between T.J. Hockenson, Jawaan Taylor and Jonah Williams. I predicted that I could find a Tight End or Wide Receiver in the second or third round of the draft and that the priority should be an Offensive Tackle to be a day one starter. I was torn between Jonah Williams and Jawaan Taylor and on another day I would have picked Taylor. What made my decision in the end is that Williams appears to be better in the pass protection game, where as Taylor is better in the run blocking game. I wanted to provide Nick Foles with good protection and then find a weapon for him similar to what he had with either Alshon Jeffrey or Zach Ertz.

I was waiting for my second pick to come and was waiting for a Tight End, Defensive End, Defensive back or Wide Receiver to drop below where I value them.
Noah Fant was already off the board and even Irv Smith Jr. had been selected, all defensive ends of round 1 talent had already been selected and my top two players at safety and at cornerback were selected towards the end of the first round/start of the second round. This left Wide Receiver, with only Metcalf, Butlet and A.J. Brown off the board. N'Keal Harry has incredible highlights and his strengths are completing the contested catches in the middle of the field and being a red zone target. Jacksonville already have Wide Receivers who should threats on the outside down the field.
I traded down (one spot) and managed to pick up pick 194 in the trade, I used the pick to get Dillon Mitchell, who is a Wide Receiver with a lot of potential that slipped down this draft.

In the third round, I couldn't pass on Amani Oruwariye as the best player available, I have him as an early round two prospect and I'm still not sure how he fell this far. A.J. Bouye regressed last season and is on a big contract, so it is worth taking some youth here.

I looked at Joe Jackson as a possible fourth round pick, but as my pick at the end of the third round came around I decided to take him a little earlier. As one of the larger defensive ends (6ft6 260lb) he reminds me of Calais Campbell, Jackson is worth a chance as an understudy to Campbell and a rotational player on the outside.

My fourth round pick ended up being Jaquan Johnson, I find safety to be a position of weakness for Jacksonville and Johnson was by far the best safety on my board at this point. Going for another position such as a Tight End, would be a huge reach with who was available.

After a break in the fifth round, I was back in the sixth and decided that I had to get a Tight End in this draft. Zach Gentry was the best all-round Tight End left on my board.

My final pick was Hjalte Froholdt, who was the best player available in a position I haven't selected yet, we've seen that depth on the O-Line is important and I've since picking him I've found out he's from a town in Denmark I spent a lot of time in, so that's a cool little connection.

Omissions:

I didn't draft a Quarterback! Kessler remained on the roster, I think next year it is worth picking up a Quarterback as a backup/potential starter. That said, I was very tempted by Will Grier, who somehow he dropped to pick 118 and Ryan Finley, who dropped to pick 191.

A Tight End earlier in the draft! Tight Ends were drafted a lot higher than projected this year, maybe I need to re-evaluate my board and how far I had Tight Ends down.

A Running Back! these actually went a lot lower in this years draft, I still have a couple left on the board and I'm sure one will fall to me when we do Undrafted Free Agents.
Old 04.05.2019, 03:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Don't think i'll find any more info on my UDFA's any time soon, so here's the entirety of my Redskins Draft:

1.24: Justin Layne, CB. (3.83 Steelers)
1.31: Nasir Adderley, S. (2.60 Chargers)
3.76: D'Andre Walker, EDGE. (5.167 Titans)
3.96: Emanuel Hall, WR. (UDFA Bears)
4.120: Drew Sample, TE. (2.52 Bengals)
6.191: Ryan Finley, QB. (4.104 Bengals)
7.247: Tyler Jones, OT. (UDFA Jets)
7.251: Drew Forbes, OT. (6.189 Browns)
7.253: Brett Rypien, QB. (UDFA Broncos)

UDFA1: Cody Barton, LB. (3.88 Seahawks)
UDFA1: Tyrel Dodson, LB. (UDFA Bills)
UDFA1: Cole Holcomb, LB (5.173 Redskins)
UDFA1: Jalen Guyton, WR. (UDFA Cowboys)
UDFA1: Greg Dortch, WR. (UDFA Jets)
UDFA1: Sean Rawlings, C.

UDFA2: Paul Adams, OT. (UDFA Giants)
UDFA2: Micah Abernathy, S. (UDFA Vikings)
UDFA2: Trinity Benson, WR. (UDFA Broncos)
UDFA2: Charlie Volker, RB.
UDFA2: Jalin Moore, RB. (UDFA Jets)
UDFA2: Chris Johnson, S. (UDFA Texans)
UDFA2: Darius West, S. (UDFA Chiefs)

UDFA3: Landis Durham, EDGE. (UDFA Rams)
UDFA3: Jay-Tee Tiuli, DT. (UDFA Seahawks)
UDFA3: Breckyn Hager, EDGE. (UDFA Giants)
UDFA3: Chidi Okeke, OT. (UDFA Redskins)
UDFA3: Lester Cotton, G. (UDFA Raiders)
UDFA3: Roderick Young, DT. (UDFA Jaguars)

Major fail on Emanuel Hall. Wasn't happy making the pick at the time, but the Redskins had such a need at WR that I swung for the fences (and most likely missed!). His fate is in Trubisky's hands now...….hmmm.

I chose to 'ignore' the 'big 3' at CB in favour of a measurables/upside pick in Layne. That went well. I couldn't decide on Adderley, ended up trading back up for him...…...and in real life he went a whole round later. Again, great. It's going well so far.

2 rounds 'early' on D'Andre Walker too. So my first 3 picks went 59 picks, 29 picks, and 91 picks later in the real thing. Oh dear. Actually, the NFL didn't see eye to eye with me on any of my 4 Top 100 picks.

The Bengals 'saved' my Draft class by overdrafting TE Drew Sample. I got a 'steal' there with Sample going 68 picks earlier than I got him. Same with Ryan Finley, 87 picks earlier thanks again to the Bengals.

I got 'lucky' with my UDFA's. Cody Barton was a top 100 pick at 88 to the Seahawks. When you look at his athletic profile we all might have missed a trick by letting him fall through the Draft. Cole Holcomb, another UDFA LB for me went to the Redskins (yey!) in the 5th. So at least one of my draft strategies paid dividends in terms of going down the UDFA route at LB, and going all in on that position pretty much for UDFA1.

I was outdrafted by the Redskins (and I traded away from Dwayne Haskins at #18, that'll be interesting to follow. I'll be cheering extra hard for every Cowboys sack/int against the Redskins now!)!

1.15: Dwayne Haskins, QB.
1.26: Montez Sweat, EDGE. (they traded back into the 1st like me!)
3.76: Terry McLaurin, WR. (If he'd made it to 3.96 he'd have been my pick over Hall)
4.112: Bryce Love, RB.
4.131: Wes Martin, G.
5.153: Ross Pierschbacher, C.
5.173: Cole Holcomb, LB.
6.206: Kelvin Harmon, WR. (How did he fall so far, so what he's 'slow')
7.227: Jimmy Moreland, CB.
7.253: Jordan Brailford, EDGE.

Them: QB, EDGE x2, WR x 2, RB, OL x 2, LB, CB. (10)
Me: CB, S, EDGE, WR, TE, QB x 2, OL x 2. (9)

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 04.05.2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04.05.2019, 09:36 PM
All Pro

I was listening to a feature today and apparently there was a red flag on Emanuel Hall, I can't remember if it was drugs or attitude and I don't remember coming across it when I was doing my research.
Old 05.05.2019, 07:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
I was listening to a feature today and apparently there was a red flag on Emanuel Hall, I can't remember if it was drugs or attitude and I don't remember coming across it when I was doing my research.
It was attitude as far as I could tell. I heard it too during the draft process. He was dubbed a 'track guy' who didn't battle through injuries and people questioned his 'commitment'. Ultimately it shows you can be as fast as you want, but if teams don't think you've got the mental make up to compete then they won't draft you.
Old 24.07.2019, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Just a heads up that I’ve copied over MikeyGNFL’s Excel database of all the 7 round Mock Draft picks from 2012-19 to the “emergency” forum...

https://nflukdraftcom.createaforum.c...ts/msg140/#new
Old 24.07.2019, 11:38 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Just a heads up that I’ve copied over MikeyGNFL’s Excel database of all the 7 round Mock Draft picks from 2012-19 to the “emergency” forum...

https://nflukdraftcom.createaforum.c...ts/msg140/#new
Say 'Access Denied' when I tried to open it Wayne?
Old 24.07.2019, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
Really? That’s odd, works fine for me. Will have a look into it...
Old 24.07.2019, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
I’ve fiddled with permissions, is it working now?