the BENGALS thread - Page 31 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 04.03.2009, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Good signing for you. LC is a warrior and is still a very reliable receiver although he has been slowed by injuries in recent seasons. Re-signing Benson was a smart move too.
Old 05.03.2009, 10:14 AM
All Pro

I'm very happy with what we've done this week. We need to make sure we address the o-line to make it all work. Our defense imo has most of the pieces together through the past few years of rebuilding. If they can all keep healthy I think we have a good year ahead of us.

I agree with the 1st 3 picks being
1st Round : LT
2nd Round : C
3rd Round : RB

If however we miss out on one of the good tackles we should trade down and take one of the best defensive guys such as Raji or Maualuga.
Old 05.03.2009, 11:33 AM
All Pro

Yeh good solid moves, if we had managed to get Birk i would have basicaly said we have had a great off-season. But i can only hope the organisation have a plan for our Oline because it needs help.

LT - Draft (Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe or Anthony Collins or Levi Jones
LG - Andrew Whitworth
C - Draft or FA ?
RG - Bobbie Williams
RT - Draft (Andre Smith) or Anthony Collins

Looks sketchy right now. Only RG and LG are locks and even then there have been rumours of Bobbie playing Centre.
Old 05.03.2009, 12:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBoy View Post
Yeh good solid moves, if we had managed to get Birk i would have basicaly said we have had a great off-season. But i can only hope the organisation have a plan for our Oline because it needs help.

LT - Draft (Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe or Anthony Collins or Levi Jones
LG - Andrew Whitworth
C - Draft or FA ?
RG - Bobbie Williams
RT - Draft (Andre Smith) or Anthony Collins

Looks sketchy right now. Only RG and LG are locks and even then there have been rumours of Bobbie playing Centre.
Now Birk's gone to the Ravens, i would like to slot Max Unger in the space you have for center!
Old 05.03.2009, 01:41 PM
All Pro

Good luck to Laverneus Coles in Cincinnati. He is a solid possession reciever and will be a suitable replacement for Houshmandzadeh good signing by the Bengals.
Old 05.03.2009, 07:41 PM
MVP

Liking the Coles signing, trust my Internet to decide to go off when we finally do make some move in FA...

Not a bank breaking deal either and lets us give the young ones more time to settle in. Definite 2 thumbs up from me
Old 05.03.2009, 08:08 PM
All Pro

You drafted 3 receivers last year, why ? you have johnson still, why not put that money in other positions?
Old 05.03.2009, 08:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveer View Post
You drafted 3 receivers last year, why ? you have johnson still, why not put that money in other positions?
Simpson (2nd Rounder) doesn't seem like he's anywhere near ready for starting, he was drafted to be a project (Ok maybe a bit high for a project player to be picked, but he has tremendous upside)

Caldwell showed GREAT flashes towards the end of the year, but I wouldn't want to throw him into the deep end of having to fill Housh's shoes just yet, he's looking good though.

Urruita (sp?) Not really sure of his whereabouts ATM, practice squad last year wasn't he?

Coles gives us a reciever who's tried and tested, he's going to catch ALOT of the balls thrown at him, and also probably means that teams might re-consider just double covering Chad when we have Coles lining up on the otherside.

I REALLY like the move.
Old 05.03.2009, 09:25 PM
All Pro

Recievers tend to take 3 years to mature,

Caldwell is a returner, Simpson isnt ready to start.

where a passing team, 80% of the time the bengals run at least 3 WR Sets. Simpson and Caldwell will play along with Slim.
Old 05.03.2009, 11:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveer View Post
It was a questionable move at the time but it was one which was an investment for the future and one in which to quickly address the lack of decent depth at the time at wr. I like the fact that a team with a good qb gives him the weapons he needs. Hopefully we start seeing the results soon.