Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 04.07.2009, 10:55 PM
All Pro

Crazy. RIP Steve McNair.
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Ok I must have missed it, why wasnt he banned ?

Copy paste it of you can find it please, cos if you know it was answered, then you also know in what post it was answered.

Thats all i am asking.
Different commisioners different rules. If your that worried about the answer ya can look for it yourself
All Pro

Quote:
Very mature, all i did was think out aloud about WHY he may have been shot, and draw parralells about his past transgressions with vicks.

I see nobody has yet answered my initial question.

Was there some specific reason why he was able to play despite being arrested drunk TWICE , once with a loaded weapon, and didnt get even a 4 game ban?

Thats all i was wondering
Ive been searching through this story for hours and I am tired and saddened by the death of someone I admired so forgive me if I am not subtle
but I could not give a **** if you find my posts mature or not

I was suggesting that we use this thread as a means of mourning a great football player, because we all love the game and so we should mourn the player if nothing else

I cant understand what you find wrong with that so once again I ask you to stop posting this negative stuff about a young man who has died tonight
Old 04.07.2009, 10:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCF View Post
Perhaps nobody has answered your original question because they've all come in here to pay their respects to a good football player. I find your original question irrelevant, i doubt anyone can give you an answer you'll be happy with.

Anyway once again RIP Steve. I've said what i needed to say so am not going to post in here again.

I dont see how its not revelant, for the record , I have paid my respects to Steve Mcnair, i remember growing up watching the old Oilers, and when they drafted him they had Chris Chandler and they had a couple of great years, and then he took over when they played in Memphis.

He was a great player, and I am sorry he has died, all I did is wonder if he may have died due to some vendetta, cos he wasnt shot with his wife.

If its too soon to ask those kinds of questions, then its obvious different rules apply for NFL players and guys like Micheal Jackson.

And I think thats a shame,thats all.
Old 04.07.2009, 10:58 PM
All Pro

I'd also suggest that a DUI - especially one where he wasn't even the driver, as was the case in 1, isn't worthy of the same level of punishment as a man who systematically tortured and exterminated dogs, as well as organised a multi-state illegal dog fighting racket and gambling empire.

Still, i know Vann seems to have some warped moral compass, so it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks it was.
Old 04.07.2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Very mature, all i did was think out aloud about WHY he may have been shot, and draw parralells about his past transgressions with vicks.

I see nobody has yet answered my initial question.

Was there some specific reason why he was able to play despite being arrested drunk TWICE , once with a loaded weapon, and didnt get even a 4 game ban?

Thats all i was wondering
To the best of my knowledge it's not down to different commish different rules. I was unaware of him being arrested twice but I specifically remember that on one occassion (I believe whilst he was with the Ravens) that he was arrested and charged with DUI but he was not driving, his brother was. Essentially, under Tennessee state law the owner of the vehicle as well as the driver are liable for DUI charges. By the fact that he wasn't driving he may have been excused this as a strike under the NFL's DUI policy, if they have one or whatever it comes under.
Old 04.07.2009, 10:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
To the best of my knowledge it's not down to different commish different rules. I was unaware of him being arrested twice but I specifically remember that on one occassion (I believe whilst he was with the Ravens) that he was arrested and charged with DUI but he was not driving, his brother was. Essentially, under Tennessee state law the owner of the vehicle as well as the driver are liable for DUI charges. By the fact that he wasn't driving he may have been excused this as a strike under the NFL's DUI policy, if they have one or whatever it comes under.
Thanks Ben, thats all I was wondering about, the last poster said it was already posted in this thread, when I looked back there was no mention of it.

Cheers.
Old 04.07.2009, 11:04 PM
Team Captain

Tell you what, how about we set up a separate thread for Vann and friends to post **** about how they think McNair died, and keep this one for people to pay their respect.
Old 04.07.2009, 11:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
I'd also suggest that a DUI - especially one where he wasn't even the driver, as was the case in 1, isn't worthy of the same level of punishment as a man who systematically tortured and exterminated dogs, as well as organised a multi-state illegal dog fighting racket and gambling empire.

Still, i know Vann seems to have some warped moral compass, so it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks it was.
I will actually take that as a compliment, Given that its the 4th of July, and the USA prides its birth on not going with what was the status quo at that time.

Its the identity of a nation, and although I only consider myself half American, I would like to think the power to ask questions and not be shot down, can live on in forums.

Its the american dream isnt it
Old 04.07.2009, 11:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy82 View Post
Because there was different commissioners in these cases. Cannot believe your bring that up at this time and it's borderline sickening that you had to bring all this up at this time.

Sometimes it's better to keep cold hearted thoughts to yourself.
As I said it was answered. May not be the reason, but answered nonetheless. You'd think someone looking for an answer to a question would read the replies?