Favre A Viking Today - Page 16 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 18.08.2009, 11:48 PM
Starter

The funniest thing that could ever hapen in planet earth's long history would be for this old dog to break his leg in the 1st game of the year and miss the whole season. If it were so i would literally soil myself with laughter...........oh, if there is a god.
Old 19.08.2009, 12:25 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
LINK thingy: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4407313

Carter has a very valid argument and I happen to agree with him. .
Thanks for the link. The man is right, this has been handled very poorly and I hate the media for keeping this constant circus on the road.

I am so sick of Brett Favre.
Old 19.08.2009, 07:33 AM
All Pro

I agree with Chris Carter, Minnesota have lied, Brett has lied, they both knew all along he would play. Brett just wanted to avoid a long training camp.
When shall we start the sweepstake as to when will Brett get injured and when he will next retire (and who he will play for next year).
Brett you were a GREAT player and for all I know maybe will be again next year, but you are the laughing stock in the NFL.
Old 19.08.2009, 07:40 AM
Pro Bowler

I really dont see why so many people get upset about the will he wont he retire? The only fans it really should upset is the Vikings fans. If anything the disruption should aide all those who play against them?

And personally as a Packers fan yeah im a little gutted his comeback is with the Vikings but we (the packers) have surley moved on and have in my opinion one of the top young QBs in the NFL. A little like Owen goin to United (im a Liverpool fan). Gutted its United yes, but we have Torres now.

Im a Farve fan and like i have said earlier in the post it can go two ways:-

1) I get to see a legend have one last run at the Superbowl and wish him well as long as its not to the detriment to the Packers

2) He bombs, the Vikings play poorly and Packers have a even better chance of winning the divison and making the play offs. Then who knows? SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!

Win-Win.
Old 19.08.2009, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with what someone said earlier. There are players there who are less than pleased as he misses training camps etc and just walks in. However I do not have any bad feeling towards the players as I can understand there frustration. The problem lies with the board and Favre for using smoke and mirrors, that is the real nub of the siyuation.

Mark
Old 19.08.2009, 07:46 AM
All Pro

I still have a great deal of respect/admiration for Favre as a player, but this constant retiring/un-retiring will really influence what a lot of current fans will base his legacy on.
In terms of whether he'll be successful or not: I think he will. I think superbowl is a reasonable expectation. Part of/the main reason for the jets failure was poor playcalling and an over-reliance on Favre over a good run game. Adrian Peterson negates this. If childress has a pair he'll resist the 'pressure' and celebrity of Favre, and use AP as much as he has before, with Favre a more 'complimentary' part of the offense. The only real weak spot on the team has been QB, so, regardless of how good people reckon he is now, you can't tell me he's not a good deal better than alot of the QBs in the league and on the vikings roster.
Old 19.08.2009, 08:32 AM
Pro Bowler

i respect favre, all he did for the pack and admire him for it and if its what he wants to do all fairness to him

however, i think we could pick him apart at lambeau, we know better than anyone he erratic at times and our secondary has a habit of making pick 6's

rodgers i also think is now better than favre atm

i cant wait for those games now
Old 19.08.2009, 09:04 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic_Death91 View Post
I still have a great deal of respect/admiration for Favre as a player, but this constant retiring/un-retiring will really influence what a lot of current fans will base his legacy on.
In terms of whether he'll be successful or not: I think he will. I think superbowl is a reasonable expectation. Part of/the main reason for the jets failure was poor playcalling and an over-reliance on Favre over a good run game. Adrian Peterson negates this. If childress has a pair he'll resist the 'pressure' and celebrity of Favre, and use AP as much as he has before, with Favre a more 'complimentary' part of the offense. The only real weak spot on the team has been QB, so, regardless of how good people reckon he is now, you can't tell me he's not a good deal better than alot of the QBs in the league and on the vikings roster.

While Vikings do have a superior running game to the Jets, Thomas Jones and Leon Washington were pretty effective last year and certainly made Favre's life easier. I know the Vikes have drafted Harvin but despite a fairly succesful career as a Gator he could quite easily turn into a bust, certainly has done very little in camp to prove his worth.

Secondly while I agree with your comment regarding poor play calling from the Jets, Brad Childress and Darrell Bevell have called a fair few clunkers in their time.

In terms of offense in the NFC I would still rate the Eagles and Falcons higher despite the Favre equation.
Old 19.08.2009, 09:38 AM
All Pro

Brett Favre is back... again. I think it's good for the NFL to see #4 back and it will certainly add something to the Packers/Vikings rivalry should make for some good games this season. However to think it's a formality that Minnesota is going to the Super Bowl the way the media will push it I think is a little hasty.

The guy just can't leave the game for whatever reason maybe he loves it too much.
Old 19.08.2009, 09:48 AM
All Pro

Dont really understand why people are moaning about him coming back, Its more down to the media and all the hype they create around it. I spent most of my time ignoring any Favre Article until i woke up this morning and saw he had signed.

I love watching Favre and i think its great for the game that he is back, also he is on a team which is far better tooled to be a superbowl contender than the Jets ever were and this means the vikes should be even better to watch this season.