Edwards to the Jets - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 07.10.2009, 05:06 PM
MVP

Stuckey could turn out to be a really good WR though, drafted in 2007 hurt that year and now it seems he's starting to get it together.

The Browns were asking for a 1st and 2nd and I believe they were offered a 2 for him before the season so in that aspect the trade looks poor from their side.
Old 07.10.2009, 05:09 PM
MVP

Potentially one of the most dominant WR's in the game but he does come with his share of issues, on and off the field. Too early to comment on whether or not it was a good trade, I did like Stuckey but he has nothing like the physical tool Edwards has.

Excited to see how it impacts the Jets.
Old 07.10.2009, 05:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
Potentially one of the most dominant WR's in the game but he does come with his share of issues, on and off the field. Too early to comment on whether or not it was a good trade, I did like Stuckey but he has nothing like the physical tool Edwards has.

Excited to see how it impacts the Jets.
I would agree in that it is too soon to know the winner of this trade. Braylon has been mostly dissapointing since his 07 season and I don't know if I see that changing. Obviously I hope so but I guess we will see.

I will say though that I would rather give up Chansi Stuckey for Braylon Edwards than David Harris for Brandon Marshall.
Old 07.10.2009, 05:33 PM
All Pro

i feel that this will be a good move by the jets.

i dont think hes gonna misbehave, for a few reasons;

Rex Ryan isnt gonna let him be a prima donna and get what he wants.

hes got a fresh start (winning some games is gonna do wonders for his levels of commitment)

also there might be an embarrassment factor - his pride will probably push him to not be the weak link in the team.

good for braylon, good for jets, good for browns too (they werent gonna get anymore out of him and any picks are good picks at this point)
Old 07.10.2009, 06:00 PM
All Pro

i think a good move by the jets becuse the browns would of still wanted a 1st rounder from any other team. jets took advantage of having bit part players mangini wanted so as not to give up such a high draft choice
Old 07.10.2009, 06:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoestring25 View Post
i think a good move by the jets becuse the browns would of still wanted a 1st rounder from any other team. jets took advantage of having bit part players mangini wanted so as not to give up such a high draft choice
Not with his current off the field issues, combined with a very bad start to the season.

As an aside what is the point in undisclosing draft picks when you can find out at the end of the year anyway.
Old 07.10.2009, 08:02 PM
All Pro

I think Ryan will get Edwards going , in my jets franchise over the past 3 years i always signed edwards kinda deja vu how he is now a jet
Old 07.10.2009, 08:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
I liked Massoquoi pre-draft I hoped Chicago would have selected him in the second before the Cutler trade.

What has happened with Brian Robiskie the 'most NFL ready' WR???
Robiskie was injured first week against the Vikes, cant remember what it was but he only suited up again against the Bungles and played special teams, he even made the first tackle of game by picking of the kick returner.

As for Braylon i dont see how it can be anything other than a good deal for us at the moment, he was going to FA and given the level he was playing at we were never going to get a first for him and we wouldnt have offered him any kind of money to stay.

So we get a 3rd and 5th with the 3rd apperently going to a second depending on catches made in NY but im not sure i belive that one lol. As for other pick ups well you never know, we are 0-4 and have shipped out a guy who gave away 5 pens this season at WR and who's head wasnt there. If one of these new guys comes in and makes an impact then its worked out, if not then we just take 2 picks for Braylon next year
Old 07.10.2009, 10:52 PM
All Pro

I really liked Stuckey, thought he had real potential to be a good reciever but I do like the look of this trade with Edwards coming to the Jets...

I think Rex Ryan has also insisted a pot of super glue comes with the trade, seriously could this be the fresh start that reignites Edwards career for that we will have to see...

I do like it though and hope he rediscovers his form...
Old 08.10.2009, 08:15 AM
MVP

Count me in the group that thinks the Jets got the better of this one. Although I think Edwards was done in Clevelend and so I think it suits the Browns too.

Value wise though I think Edwards is worth more than they have given up. To not even have a 1st day pick in the equation makes it a bit of a bargain for me.

Yes he's flattered to deceive in the last 2 years, but a new team could see a new lease of life and a return to his rookie form.