Game day pulled - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 19.10.2009, 05:20 PM
Pro

Pathetic as usual. Highlights should never have gone to Sky in the first place, no one learned the lessons of last season when it was pulled, yet they give the contract to the same company and it goes again.

ESPN would have given it the respect it deserves. And no Total Access in the run up to the London game? Way to promote the sport and give it exposure in this country on the eve of your big showpiece, NFLUK - you've backed a winner with Sky here......
Old 19.10.2009, 05:38 PM
All Pro

next thing you know sky will pull the london game without notice lol
Old 19.10.2009, 05:42 PM
Rookie

a far better option than sky is a motorised satellite dish and receiver. there are several unecrypted raw feeds available on sunday nights including fox sunday countdown plus you get the game breaks and half time report. espn america (europe) also have a 1 and half hour monday night countdown, similar to gameday before mnf. its the best investment ive ever made!
Old 19.10.2009, 05:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
a far better option than sky is a motorised satellite dish and receiver. there are several unecrypted raw feeds available on sunday nights including fox sunday countdown plus you get the game breaks and half time report. espn america (europe) also have a 1 and half hour monday night countdown, similar to gameday before mnf. its the best investment ive ever made!
How much does this cost?...and you get the whole games?..what about college games?
Old 19.10.2009, 05:52 PM
Rookie

around £200 all in. the feeds are full games, last night there was vikings-ravens plus the 2 games that were on sky, they even include the us adverts! these are free to air as such. as for espn america (europe), this is part of encrypted packages such as sky italia or kabelkiosk. they can be viewed by either an official card or by other means.............
can i post external links? just to show you what feeds were on last night

Last edited by clubfoot; 19.10.2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 19.10.2009, 06:12 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodSmith View Post
The over-reaction here is nuts. I never had SkySports till this year and I'm loving my 2 live games on a Sunday night plus the odd gem like Mike Holmgren last night.

Gameday is simply a few highlights from each game interspersed between mindless drivel from Eisen, Sanders and Mariucci. I can watch those highlights on line with my patchy broadband, (and on nfl.com I switch to the better option of the highlight with radio commentary rather than the gameday highlights).
I can't watch live games online cos my connection just wont cut it.

And stop going on about ESPN. They're muck and overpriced at that. They show nothing NFL. ESPN-America is fine for the college game but even they dropped almost the entire college schedule a few weekends back to show NHL.
Good lord, did you post this from the Sky office or did you bother going home first?

I'm more sanguine about this than most, but try not to be so transparent next time, mmkay?
Old 19.10.2009, 06:19 PM
Pro

I give in. I simply can't be arsed anymore, the coverage is crap so I'll stick to the streaming sites and get highlights off NFL.com.

BTW I'm not saying everyone should go out and do this I'm just pointing out that I'm sick and tired of this sh*t and until we get decent / guaranteed coverage I wont waste anymore time looking for the programmes each day to record. Sky, the NFL and UK law are all to blame and after 20 odd years following the sport I've finally grown fed up of being mucked about.
Old 19.10.2009, 06:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboo72 View Post
I give in. I simply can't be arsed anymore, the coverage is crap so I'll stick to the streaming sites and get highlights off NFL.com.

BTW I'm not saying everyone should go out and do this I'm just pointing out that I'm sick and tired of this sh*t and until we get decent / guaranteed coverage I wont waste anymore time looking for the programmes each day to record. Sky, the NFL and UK law are all to blame and after 20 odd years following the sport I've finally grown fed up of being mucked about.
Welcome to the growing band - I cancelled the sky sports package at the start of the season and have managed to watch every game I wanted to see, including the MNF countdown and Live game every week. In years past I subscribed to Sky sports and Gamepass when my team were not on sky, this year though none of my hard earned cash is going to Sky or the NFL.
Old 19.10.2009, 06:55 PM
All Pro

As has already been said Sky needs to bring Endzone back if there is going to be a persistent problem with Gameday as there has been with Total Access.
Old 19.10.2009, 07:34 PM
Starter

Apologies to those (few) people who have posted on here who seem to be of the opinion that we should shut up and stop moaning because it's, "rubbish," and Rich, Prime and Mooch just talk, "midless drivel," but yes, I am going to add my voice to the growing number of people who are complaining about, "Gameday," getting dropped today. (Well, you'd have to be an idiot to complain about something getting cancelled if you didn't even like it, wouldn't you?).

Not just because it's a show I love to watch. Not just because, in my opinion, Rich, Mooch and Prime make a great team and are hilarious to listen to as well as informative and entertaining (and, unlike certain broadcasters on Sky, can recall where the flippin' game is being broadcast from). Not just because I'd actually rather watch it on my huge, HD TV with perfect picture quality as opposed to my much smaller laptop screen with my spotty, herky-jerky broadband connection and highly pixellated picture quality. And not just because, after the, "Total Access," debacle (yes, sorry to all those, "Shut up and stop moaning," types, I like that too) having, "Gameday," cancelled as well is yet another kick in the face. I could cope with no red button games. I could cope with no MNF. At least we still get three games on a Sunday and I'm actually fine with that. No, I'm going to add my voice to the complaints because we have had this problem, which both Sky and the NFL have been aware of, for how long now? Yet, as far as any information has been forthcoming, they have done nothing to rectify the situation, despite knowing about it for over a year, yet will still say stuff along the lines of, "Well, we might've lost MNF but our coverage outside of the lives games is the envy of many places and we still have, 'Total Access,' and, 'Gameday!' " That's what really gets my goat. Well, that and the fact that they constantly say, "It'll be on!" when they know full well it won't be. (Although at least this week we got an actual explanation on air from Sky). And then they wonder why they get complaints and messageboards like this one popping up all over.

I understand why they have to take it off. I understand the the U.S. has a different way of broadcasting shows that doesn't always fit in with how we do things here in the U.K. I understand Sky have to comply with OFCOM's rules, even if I am of the opinion that they are pretty dumb ("You can't show that! It advertises, "Napa Auto Parts!" "But I can't GET Napa Auto Parts! I like in North Yorkshire!" "It doesn't matter! You can't show it!") and, as anyone who has watched the NFL.com, "Gameday," highlights will know, this weeks programme was cancelled because of it's blatant sponsorship by a certain fried poultry serving establishment (whose initials apparently stand for, "Kills Football Coverage," in this country at least) but the more this goes on, the more these programmes are cancelled whilst all the time the people at NFLUK stand there saying, "Look at all the excellent stuff we've managed to get on TV for the fans!" instead of saying, "You know you're right, this sucks. We can't do anything about it but it does suck," the more I feel like fans in the UK, despite the Wembley game, are getting the rather dung-covered end of the stick.

And speaking of the Wembley game, at this current rate, I'm half expecting to be handed a blindfold when I get to the stadium and be told to put it on whenever the coverage goes to commercial or if I feel the need to look at the billboards around the field! Basically, I look forward to, "Gameday," and to now find it missing from the schedules, as well as, "Total Access," at short notice, despite the fact that Sky and this site are pushing it so hard, a bit of an insult all things considered.