2015 Draft. - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 29.04.2015, 03:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Just to give an idea of the guys available at the back end of the 1st round, here's a list of the guys taken with the 27th pick in recent years:

2014 - Deone Bucannon, SS, Arizona Cardinals
2013 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans
2012 - Kevin Zeitler, OG, Cincinnati Bengals
2011 - Jimmy Smith, CB, Baltimore Ravens
2010 - Devin McCourty, FS/CB, New England Patriots
2009 - Donald Brown, RB, Indianapolis Colts
2008 - Antoine Cason, CB, San Diego Chargers

Some decent quality there to be fair.
Old 30.04.2015, 08:24 PM
All Pro

Collins is out i believe?
Old 30.04.2015, 08:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Collins is out i believe?
Would seem so. Too much uncertainty. If you believe the talk he's off a lot of teams draft boards, his agent wants him to be eligible for the supplemental draft instead. Unlikely.

Shame really, I would have liked him at LG or RT.

Just want to get this thing started now so we can see how the board starts to take shape towards the middle of round 1.
Old 01.05.2015, 07:27 AM
Team Captain

Byron jones it is. Happy with that.
Old 01.05.2015, 10:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Off the tape I saw this is what I had:

-------------------------------------------

BYRON JONES, CB, CONNETICUT:

Good size (6'1 - 199lbs). Experience at both CB and S. Team Captain -(high character/good attitude?). Played man to man coverage, press and off. Sinks his hips and shows ability to back pedal. Uses size to jam receivers at the line of scrimmage. Shows ability to mirror receivers within reason. Has good, but not elite, acceleration and ability to 'click and close'. Has 'long' speed with some ability to recover. Needs to do a better job of locating/tracking the football when he is forced to turn and pursue. Will contest catches, with an ability to cause turnovers (INT's). Against the run he Is around the football and flashes desire to be physical, but is sometimes hesitant (shoulder?). Flashes ability to shed blocks. Looks to create turnovers (rip/force fumbles). Would like to see a tougher, more fiery demeanour.

-------------------------------------------

I think he is more of a 2nd round guy, but we were picking late in the round. The shoulder injury/surgery is a worry, but you have to trust the medical staff. His Combine/Pro Day numbers suggest he is superhuman, but that isn't quite reflected in the tape, he takes a little time to wind up his speed. I worry he is caught between 2 positions. Isn't instinctive or physical enough to be a Safety, perhaps lacks 'elite' skills to be left on an island as a Corner. Hopefully those physical traits can shine through though. I think they have an eye on him as a FS down the line.

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 01.05.2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01.05.2015, 04:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Day 2 then, rounds 2 & 3!

Really hope we don't feel the urge to trade up, unless it comes cheap. If we do move up I've got my fingers crossed that we manage to keep hold of the same number of picks e.g. our 2nd and 4th for a 2nd and 6th. Not a huge fan of TJ Yeldon, so I'm hoping he comes off the board before he gets within range of pick 60.

More defensive help or BPA (RB) would be great. The 60th pick (our 2nd round pick wherever that might be) is due to be announced by the legend himself, Darren Woodson. Hopefully his magic rubs off on whoever that turns out to be.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Well, we didn't trade up.

Randy Gregory is boom or bust. We just have to hope we have the pieces in place to help him with his issues. He does seem to struggle to hold weight, 235lbs isn't going to cut it at DE in the NFL. Get him right mentally though, and the physical side could follow. Never had him as high as he was projected personally, but if Marinelli gets him right we could be in business. He can turn the corner and flatten to the QB, he needs to get stronger and wiser though.

------------------------------------

Hadn't watched much of Chaz Green, but from what I've watched this morning I'm warming to the pick. This is what I noted down:

Right Tackle. Showed good feet, ability to kick-slide, and speed to recover. Seals blocks well, but can be over eager and occasionally struggle with sudden changes of direction. Needs to get stronger (core? balance?). Left the game on occasion? Rotation or injury? Flashes ability to pull successfully, reaches the 2nd level. Shows good leg drive in run blocking., keeps his feet moving. Also played LT.

----------------------------------------

So the future RDE and RT on board hopefully. Certainly means Demarcus Lawrence's future is at LDE. Chaz Green can learn behind Doug Free and be the swing tackle for the next season or so.

Still no RB though..............................
Old 02.05.2015, 07:51 PM
Team Captain

5 rounds and still no RB? Sorry but we need better than what we have at that position
Old 02.05.2015, 08:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan1971 View Post
5 rounds and still no RB? Sorry but we need better than what we have at that position
Ryan Williams is the wildcard in this. Can he contribute? If he can show the promise he showed last off season then i'll feel a little more comfortable.

Wonder if we trade one of our 7th for someone like Zac Stacy?

Magee, LSU. Crockett, N.Dakota. Z.Zenner, S.Dakota - There are still a few names available that can offer us something so perhaps one slides to us in the 7th?.
Old 02.05.2015, 08:32 PM
Team Captain

Sorry if this is a dumb question. But is there any way we can trade for a running back ie Peterson after the draft using next years picks? If so maybe this is the reason Jerry has used majority of picks to strengthen the D.