AFC NORTH - Page 486 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 01.05.2005, 06:10 PM
All Pro

Default Re:AFC NORTH

Nah, +3 for Faneca, +2 for Polamalu.....+ whatever it was for Ward.......all objective views.
Old 01.05.2005, 06:11 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Pat "The Planet" Williams link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=4845#msg216789 date=1114971011]
Nah, +3 for Faneca, +2 for Polamalu.....+ whatever it was for Ward.......all objective views.
[/quote]

you gotta support your team
Old 01.05.2005, 06:12 PM
All Pro

I was only joking. No need to take everything I say seriously.

Old 01.05.2005, 06:13 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Pat "The Planet" Williams link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=4845#msg216791 date=1114971171]
I was only joking. No need to take everything I say seriously.

[/quote]

8)
Old 01.05.2005, 06:21 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Pat "The Planet" Williams link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=4845#msg216789 date=1114971011]
[/quote]Exactly! Btw i think it was +3 for ward
Old 01.05.2005, 11:30 PM
All Pro

Just with all these Ravens pictures coming up i may aswell bring in some Steeler pictures.

Old 01.05.2005, 11:35 PM

Two players on there I wish were in Ravens uniform and the other there I foresee a bad season and the press either doubting or covering up those issues! You guess which ones are which!
Old 02.05.2005, 08:55 AM
All Pro

Cant Wait to See Pollack play LB. all the news out of camp sounds encouraging.

EXPERIMENT WORKING: Let it be known that No. 1 pick David Pollack came up with his first interception as a NFL outside linebacker Saturday as he chased the tight end across the field and made a play on the ball.
Then on Sunday he got the Marvin Lewis stamp of approval in his move from defensive end to outside linebacker: "He's further ahead than any guy I've ever had playing that spot," said Lewis, who oversaw a Pro Bowler named Peter Boulware make the switch. "I don't see that being an issue."
Pollack is taking it a step at a time because defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan has told him to. And because he has no choice as he tries to grasp the Xs and Os.
“A lot more complicated, but I like the challenge,” Pollack said of a pro playbook. “I’m feeling better every day with it. I’m getting used to it.”
Bresnahan is trying to make sure he and his coaches don’t hurry him along. But he has been extremely encouraged by what Pollack did in space at this camp.
“He had two pass breakups before the interception,” Bresnahan said. “He’s got a long way to go, but he gets better every day. He’s better in everything we’re teaching him. He’s a coachable guy. He’s making progress. With a guy who has played the position before, you might go a little faster. We have to make sure we go from A to B to C and not A to E to M to R, but that’s good because everyone can learn from that.”
Lewis clearly loves this guy's versatility, and indicated that if he had coached him in college, he wouldn't have played Pollack at end. Asked where he would have played him, Lewis responded with a question of his own.
"Where was Bill Belichick going to play him?"
When the inquisitor admitted ignorance to the plans of the Patriots head coach, Lewis said, "Middle linebacker."

And also the news on Chad mentoring Henry

Chad Johnson wants his teammates, the veterans and the rookies, to know that this is the year. It’s not next year when quarterback Carson Palmer is in his third season. It’s not two years from now when Marvin Lewis is in Year Five of the rehab.

It’s now.

“We’ve got to kick the door in,” Johnson said Sunday as he watched the rookies scurry for lunch on their last day of camp. “Everybody. I don’t care what position you play. Everybody’s got to make the same noise I’m making. Whether your vocal or not.”

That’s why Johnson is taking rookie receiver Chris Henry under his wing and winging him to Los Angeles for a receiver camp after the Bengals close off-season workouts at the end of June.

“He doesn’t know it yet,” said Johnson, the unlikeliest of mentors.

The Bengals do know after this weekend that they’ve got a special talent in the 6-4, 225-pound Henry, their third-round pick out of West Virginia. He flashed it Sunday in the end zone on a corner route run from the red zone, getting position with his body, and ripping the ball away from two defenders with one hand. Toss in a route where he flat out ran by a veteran defensive back they like in former Michigan cornerback Brandon Williams, and Henry had a nice day.

Put that together with the crisp routes of sixth-rounder Tab Perry, and the Bengals feel like they have come up with two receivers who are going to help them.

It’s tough to get excited about a weekend camp that receivers coach Hue Jackson calls “basketball on grass.” Even Henry said, “I have a lot of work to do. I have to get into the playbook.” But the end-zone battle is a Carl Pickens-esque moment and a tease when it comes to what Henry can do for this team.

“That’s my type of play,” Henry said. “In the red zone, get big, go up, and make big plays. Jump over people. . .6-4. Just try to go up use my size and height to my advantage.”
Old 02.05.2005, 10:13 AM
All Pro

[quote author=WR #86 - Stockers link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=4845#msg216958 date=1114990523]
Two players on there I wish were in Ravens uniform and the other there I foresee a bad season and the press either doubting or covering up those issues! You guess which ones are which!
[/quote] Imagine Faneca and Ogden on the left side of the O-Line. I think i know who you are on about the latter being Smith Obviously Roethlisberger cos i feel the similar way towards him but only him aving a decent season cos how can you improve on a 13 game winning streak anytime in your career so obviously he is going to have a worse season and people have greater expectations of him going in as a starter n all.
Old 02.05.2005, 05:37 PM

Kellen Winslow has been in a motorcycle accident it would seem, bad luck comes in threes, so what's next for K2W?

Link