AFC NORTH - Page 585 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 05.08.2005, 08:53 AM
All Pro

Default Re:AFC NORTH

On another note, anybody like my Odell Sig i made yesterday.

Old 05.08.2005, 10:20 AM
MVP

Very classy
Old 05.08.2005, 10:29 AM

[quote author=BengalBoy - No.51 link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=5850#msg265742 date=1123232014]

[/quote]

Very good indeed, {mutters to self} Why couldn't he be in Purple and Black {/mutters to self}

I'd like to extend a huge apology to our front office, I've been blaming them for the hold out of Clayton when it now seems that the holdout is over $50-60,000! Mark Clayton how on earth is $50,000 worth missing four days of camp! You damn fool get your **** into camp!

Old 05.08.2005, 10:35 AM
All Pro

[quote author=BengalBoy - No.51 link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=5850#msg265670 date=1123190696]
Meanwhile Thursday, the club appeared to be getting nowhere in contract talks with first-rounder David Pollack, and word is that Pollack may no longer even be in Cincinnati to wait out the contract negotiations and could be headed home.
[/quote]

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of that :-\
Old 05.08.2005, 10:35 AM
All Pro

there is a lot of going on between the Ravens / Bengals FO's and there 1st round picks !
Old 05.08.2005, 10:38 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Rick The Viking link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=5850#msg265775 date=1123238104]
[quote author=BengalBoy - No.51 link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=5850#msg265670 date=1123190696]
Meanwhile Thursday, the club appeared to be getting nowhere in contract talks with first-rounder David Pollack, and word is that Pollack may no longer even be in Cincinnati to wait out the contract negotiations and could be headed home.
[/quote]

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of that :-\
[/quote]

aye ... driving me nuts, the only good thing is, we have Landon Johnson / Miller who all had a lot of playing time last season and can easily step in if Pollack needs more time to learn and adjust. Its just you always like to see the 1st round guy get off to a good start, Our FO always seem to be useless when it comes to getting a 1st rounders paycheck done, Palmer was the exception.

Quote:
It looks like the Bengals and first-round pick David Pollack are in Catch 22-land. With the Vikings waiting on the Bengals to sign Erasmus James into the 18th slot, the negotiations have frozen with no one blinking. The Bengals apparently have made an offer fitting into Pollack’s 17th slot, but not big enough for Pollack. There are suggestions that maybe Pollack’s agents are waiting for James to sign, too, and that the Bengals aren't coming up with enough to offset what James could get. But if the Bengals feel like they're in the slot, they could be hard to move just like IMG's Tom Condon and Ken Kremer won't take what they feel is a bad slot.

Who knows with Pollack's agents unable to be reached for comment and the Bengals not commenting? Except that Pollack has been sent home by his agents after he told the media at Great American Ballpark earlier this week that they’ve agreed on the money in the five-year deal but not the guaranteed money. The money talked about is about $7 million guaranteed and $10 million overall.
Update on the Bengals & Pollack Situation.
Old 05.08.2005, 11:52 AM
All Pro

that's good, kinda makes him look like he's surfing though....
Old 05.08.2005, 12:41 PM
All Pro

hehe, yeah i see where your coming from, come regular season ill get some decent pictures, u have a few good ideas on what to base the Sigs on aswell. so i cant wait
Old 05.08.2005, 03:47 PM
MVP

Got this article off the Browns board, no link though, but thought I'd post it anyhow. Some "Rat Folk" may find it of interesting too.

Quote:
Baxter out to prove he can cut it at cornerback
BY STEVE DOERSCHUK, Copley Ohio Newspapers Writer

BEREA — Whatever the Browns’ problems, convincing people that the new coach might have a clue isn’t one of them.

“He’s definitely got some mojo,” cornerback Gary Baxter said in reference to Romeo Crennel’s three Super Bowl rings as defensive coordinator of the Patriots.

“I’m trying to get some of that mojo, too.”

Baxter motored into his first Browns’ training camp with one of the more tense jobs.

There’s pressure to prove he’s not an overpaid free agent and pressure to prove he’s better than the previous starting left corner, Anthony Henry.

“All I can do is the best I can,” the 27-year-old Baxter said, adding, “I didn’t come from a sorry defense.”

Like general manager Phil Savage, who lavished him with a $30 million contract — including a $10.5 million bonus — Baxter came from Baltimore.

Baxter has had it both ways since he was a Tyler, Texas, high school star. He spent four years at Baylor, an NCAA bottom feeder during most of his time there. Then he logged four NFL seasons with Baltimore, an bodacious defensive bunch.

“In Ravens’ training camp,” Baxter said, “the defense was the practice.”

The ringleader was that icon of intimidation, Ray Lewis.

“It was live,” Baxter said. “You couldn’t help but to compete.

“That’s what we’ve got to get out of these guys.”

Baxter said linebackers Kenard Lang and Andra Davis and safety Brian Russell set a robust tone, as he expected they would coming out of spring practice.

He hadn’t realized until training camp that yet another defender, tackle Orpheus Roye, is such a workhorse.

Savage recommended Baxter to the Ravens in the 2001 draft, when he wasn’t highly touted and it was uncertain whether he had the speed to play NFL corner. Seen by some as a reach late in the second round, he instead became a steal.

As a third-year pro, he started all 16 games, eight at safety, eight at corner. In 2004, he started all 16 games at right corner, setting the stage for his run at free agency.

At 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, Baxter is one of the league’s bigger cornerbacks and strong in run support. There still are questions about him being enough of a pure cover guy to warrant such a big contract.

Baxter’s response?

“I haven’t found anyone in the NFL who ran away from me yet,” he said. “I’ve covered the shortest receivers, the tallest, the fastest, the slowest. When it’s time to be physical, I know how to do that.

“Over my first four years, I’ve tried to become a better technician. After that, I just compete. It doesn’t matter who I face. Just dominate.”

NO BLUE: Savage suggested the Browns might be reaching the point of no return in receiver Braylon Edwards’ holdout. Savage produced statistics that indicate high draft picks who hold out longer than a week tend to drag their holdouts into multiple weeks. The former Michigan star missed his seventh day of regular practice Thursday. Talks between Savage and Edwards’ agent, Lamont Smith, were scheduled to resume late Thursday.

McCUTCHEON UPDATE: Cornerback Daylon McCutcheon will continue treatment for headaches in hopes his camp-long absence from practice will end. “Hopefully, the treatment will show some results within the next couple of days,” Crennel said. McCutcheon began complaining of the headaches shortly before training camp opened last Friday.

SMALLER ‘O’: Defensive lineman Orpheus Roye weighed in Thursday at 307 pounds, well below his 2004 training camp weight. “I’m playing end in the 3-4 now,” he said. “I need to be a little quicker.” He had been a 4-3 tackle and perhaps the Bropwns best defensive player over the last three years. Running back Reuben Droughns is convinced the Browns have a leader on their new-look front. “Orpheus Roye is a beast,” Droughns said.

EXTRA POINTS: After the most spirited practice of camp Wednesday night, the intensity level went backward in Thursday’s only practice. “I think they were hoping for rain,” Crennel said sarcastically. Crennel said the Browns can’t progress to his liking until they take day-to-day work more seriously. ... There will be two practices today, from 8:45 to 10:45 a.m. and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Both are open to the public.
Old 05.08.2005, 03:58 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Mini-Mod link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=5850#msg265770 date=1123237750]
[quote author=BengalBoy - No.51 link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=5850#msg265742 date=1123232014]

[/quote]

Very good indeed, {mutters to self} Why couldn't he be in Purple and Black {/mutters to self}

I'd like to extend a huge apology to our front office, I've been blaming them for the hold out of Clayton when it now seems that the holdout is over $50-60,000! Mark Clayton how on earth is $50,000 worth missing four days of camp! You damn fool get your **** into camp!

[/quote]

No. $50,000 is a lot of money. I think he should hold out for the entire seson if necessary.
I might contact Lewis and Ogden and enquire about me reprsenting them as their agent too.

[move][glow=Orange,2,300]Dolphins in '72 Browns in '48[/glow][/move]