AFC NORTH - Page 588 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 07.08.2005, 06:47 AM
All Pro

Default Re:AFC NORTH

Scrimmage seems to have gone very well against the deadskins. Boller looked good on all his passes inside 10 yards and we even had a few YAC which is rare. Our D looked good i'm told so maybe that will calm Stockers a bit . O line was still a worry but over all far more positives than negatives ( though it was just a scrimmage)
Old 07.08.2005, 08:04 AM
MVP

This is the first scrimmage you have had against another NFL team for a while isn't it?
Old 07.08.2005, 09:12 AM
All Pro

[quote author=Bongo#46 link=board=1;threadid=3498;start=5880#msg266412 date=1123401848]
This is the first scrimmage you have had against another NFL team for a while isn't it?
[/quote]

Very long time, in fact its the first one I can remember. Normally BB just does inter-squad scrimmages
Old 07.08.2005, 09:34 AM
All Pro

Interesting Article on Pat Johnson

Quote:
It's in the Eyes
August 6, 2005
By Adam H. Beasley

In the past, it was a ball Patrick Johnson might not have even seen, let alone catch.

Anthony Wright fired a perfectly-thrown ball to Johnson in the end zone. The wide receiver stretched out, grabbed the ball and pulled it in for a 32-yard touchdown.

The touchdown was the highlight of Baltimore's 16-6 victory over Washington in what was billed as the Ravens Summer Scrimmage.

It also may help Johnson win a spot on the team.

The Ravens' second-round draft pick in 1999 has always been full of potential, but has not consistently made plays on the field.

The spectacular catch-and-run was often followed up with a drop.

But if his first week of training camp is any indication, those days are over, thanks to a trip to the eye doctor.

Johnson was recently diagnosed with far-sightedness, a condition he unknowingly played with his entire life.

With a new prescription, Johnson now has a new lease on football.

"From an arm's distance, I wasn't seeing anything," Johnson said Saturday after catching four passes for 62 yards, both team highs. "I remember being in the Super Bowl four years ago when I barely missed a pass, I couldn't see the ball. There have been so many opportunities where I've missed the ball when I didn't even see it.

"With the eye program and the glasses and contacts, I can see better now."

The Ravens have seen the difference. As of Thursday afternoon, Johnson had dropped just one pass since the start of minicamp back in May, according to receivers coach David Shaw.

Along with Derrick Mason, Johnson has consistently been one of the biggest playmakers among a loaded receiving corps in camp.

"It's a different Patrick Johnson," said Ravens coach Brian Billick. "Patrick and I go way back together. He's from my hometown. His focus, he seems to have eliminated those pesky drops he's had. He's always been an all-out player, plays hard, but it's great to see Patrick have the camp he's had."

With Mark Clayton ending his weeklong holdout Saturday, Johnson's repetitions -- and chances to make plays -- may decrease. He is in the midst of a three-way wide receiver battle for one or two spots.

"I didn't start playing football until I was as senior in high school, so it's a bit of a learning process," Johnson said. "With all of the experiences I've gone through over the last three years since I've left Baltimore, I have matured. I realize what I have to do now is go out and take advantage of the plays and the opportunities I have now and that's about it."
I like pat, he's flying and now he can catch, could prove to be a valuable player
Old 07.08.2005, 10:17 AM
All Pro

i dont think we do Scrimmages vs other teams, Thats a good bit of play then by the Ravens by the sounds of things. Intresting to see Anthony Wright making most of the noise. Ive always preffered him to Boller anyway.

We have intrasquad Scrimmages 1st String D & 2nd Stings O vs 1st String O & 2nd String D it would seem. We have had a few of them, In the 1st game the D came out on top and Won the game, not sure of the Score, but apparently Larry Stevens is looking impressive at the LOLB spot while Pollack isnt around. It sounds as if the Offense was killing itself with Penalties aswell. Although CJ and CP carried on where they left off with CJ getting 9 Recieves for 134 Yards and a TD.

The Seconds game the Offense seemed to stepup and played a lot better without causing any penalties. 36 - 27 to the 1st Offense. Again CJ and CP looked good with 132 Yards on 8 Recieves for CJ. and Palmer went 13/20 147 Yards.

Quote:
Safety Kevin Kaesviharn had four tackles for the Black and defensive end Duane Cleomons added two sacks, but the game's leading tackler was Orange linebacker Larry Stevens with nine. Stevens, a second-year player who recovered a fumble Friday night, also added a sack Saturday
Larry Stevens is really making the most of Pollack not being around, could land himself a spot at LB.
Old 07.08.2005, 10:52 AM
All Pro

Bengals Equirer had a quick browse the the Dozen Recievers we have in Camp.

Quote:
Player Comment
1. Chad Johnson Two-time Pro Bowler is one of league's best
2. T.J. Houshmandzadeh Steady, fearless receiver has chemistry with QB Carson Palmer
3. Peter Warrick Will make entire offense better if he's healthy
4. Kelley Washington Big possession receiver having good camp
5. Chris Henry Rookie third-round pick is tall target at 6 feet 4
6. Kevin Walter Excellent on special teams, improving as receiver
7. Cliff Russell Fast runner whose niche might be kickoff returns
8. Jamall Broussard Under-sized at 5-9, 175, but dangerous return man
9. Tab Perry Rookie sixth-round pick has chance to stick on special teams (could be on practice squad)
10. Freddie Milons Some skills as a receiver but needs to excel on special teams
11. Matt Cherry See Milons
12. Jeremiah Cockheran See Milons
we gonna have to cut 5 at least i would imagine.

at the momments im thinking

1. Chad Johnson
2. T.J. Houshmandzadeh
3. Peter Warrick
4. Kelley Washington
5. Chris Henry
6. Tab Perry (st + kr)
7. Kevin Walter (st)

make the roster.
Old 07.08.2005, 06:56 PM
Rookie

I know this is not the right place but any steeler fans want to join my free fantasy football league take a look at this http://www.nfluk.com/usersession.php...threadid=12027 and please sign up as i need more members before my draft starts on the 15th august.
Old 08.08.2005, 12:38 PM

Bump, just a reminder:

Jama Lewis gets to camp today! ;D
Old 08.08.2005, 12:40 PM
All Pro

Indeed he does although theres been a lot of rumours of him being out of shape and going immediatly on to the PUP list
Old 08.08.2005, 12:48 PM
MVP

Is prison chow that bad?