2017 Offseason Thread - News, Free Agency, all that jazz - Page 202 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #2011  
Old 02.11.2017, 10:59 PM
bobsy's Avatar
bobsy bobsy is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 16.12.2012
Posts: 1,375
Default

Do people think Watson will be able to come back from this? Or will this really hurt his progression towards a potentially elite QB?

It seems that once a rookie QB gets injured they don’t tend to bounce back too well.

Bridgwater did the same thing and he’s only just coming back over a year later! And he’a probably not really ready.

Then the risk of re-injury seems quite high too?
Real shame as I heard on a podcast tonight that Watson was on record for far exceeding TD’s in a rookie season!
Reply With Quote
  #2012  
Old 02.11.2017, 11:54 PM
payton3434's Avatar
payton3434 payton3434 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.11.2005
Posts: 1,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
Do people think Watson will be able to come back from this? Or will this really hurt his progression towards a potentially elite QB?

It seems that once a rookie QB gets injured they don’t tend to bounce back too well.

Bridgwater did the same thing and he’s only just coming back over a year later! And he’a probably not really ready.

Then the risk of re-injury seems quite high too?
Real shame as I heard on a podcast tonight that Watson was on record for far exceeding TD’s in a rookie season!
he was playing some great football for sure, but a lot of 2nd year qbs get found out simply because there is a whole off season to analyse their game.

To be honest I don't think Bridgewater has ever shown elite play, just good.

Far too many young qbs get anointed way to quick. Remember when Freeman was going to be special.. never happened.
Reply With Quote
  #2013  
Old 03.11.2017, 06:06 AM
Danny Bear's Avatar
Danny Bear Danny Bear is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Watson tore the ACL in his left knee at Clemson in 2014. Not sure which one he's done this time.
The other one.
Reply With Quote
  #2014  
Old 03.11.2017, 09:38 AM
forest49's Avatar
forest49 forest49 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 04.11.2015
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton3434 View Post
he was playing some great football for sure, but a lot of 2nd year qbs get found out simply because there is a whole off season to analyse their game.

To be honest I don't think Bridgewater has ever shown elite play, just good.

Far too many young qbs get anointed way to quick. Remember when Freeman was going to be special.. never happened.
Yeah, Bridgewater looked like a competent starter without doing anything spectacular. His injury was worse and we will see in time whether he can get back to that level.

Has Watson done enough for Offensive Rookie of the Year in half a season? Probably not if Hunt or maybe Fournette stay upright, but contenders are very thin on the ground beyond that, unless there’s a tackle etc. who stands out? On the whole, the skill position rookies haven’t really lived up to expectations for one reason or another.
Reply With Quote
  #2015  
Old 03.11.2017, 11:04 AM
nick_chicane's Avatar
nick_chicane nick_chicane is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 6,313
Default

I was genuinely gutted when I read of Watson's injury, the guy has been phenomenal! I was also enjoying having Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller on my fantasy team tearing teams to shreds each week, too. This hurts me a lot now.
Reply With Quote
  #2016  
Old 03.11.2017, 02:46 PM
Danny Bear's Avatar
Danny Bear Danny Bear is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Elliotts ban lifted again. ...
Reply With Quote
  #2017  
Old 03.11.2017, 03:11 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Elliotts ban lifted again. ...
This is getting ridiculous now. Not that it wasn't before...
Reply With Quote
  #2018  
Old 03.11.2017, 04:30 PM
forest49's Avatar
forest49 forest49 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 04.11.2015
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
This is getting ridiculous now. Not that it wasn't before...
Yeah, it’s worse than Deflategate... they will probably give up the fight if and when their play-off hopes are all but ended.

They could just stick two fingers up at the league by signing Ray Rice to replace him...
Reply With Quote
  #2019  
Old 03.11.2017, 04:44 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Well, if this is still dragging on come Week 12, the Cowboys need to just bite the bullet, otherwise it will be cutting into the Postseason (if they make it there). The whole thing's been a fiasco since day one...
Reply With Quote
  #2020  
Old 03.11.2017, 06:00 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Ideally, the Cowboys keep Zeke to face the Chiefs, Falcons and Eagles over the next 3 games, win all 3 to reach 7-3, then hope they can get to 10-6 or better over the remainder of the season whilst Zeke serves his 6 game suspension.

That said, if they can beat the Chiefs to get to 5-3, then Zeke starts his suspension, they'd still get him back to play vs Seahawks, @ Eagles to close out the regular season.

I'd guess the later happens, but having him to face the Chiefs might be the key to their season at this stage.......as long as they win.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:22 PM.