2017 Offseason Thread - News, Free Agency, all that jazz - Page 210 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 15.11.2017, 05:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Strange timing, but Taylor does suck. If the Bills were making the Playoffs, it was behind their running game and Defense. Nothing's changed there...
The only reason the Bills running game works is because of Taylor...

Mad decision imo. Tyrod is a top 15-20 QB and clearly the Bills best option. I’m beginning to really doubt this new Buffalo regime, not convinced about their trades (As I said at the time Benjamin is slow and fat) and now this.

I’m a lot happier with the Pats now facing the Taylor-less Bills twice down the stretch!
Old 15.11.2017, 05:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Nathan Peterman to start for Buffalo this Sunday

No issue with seeing what you've got in your rookie QB, but not when 8-8 may get you into a Wild Card spot

Taylor is limited but they've got 5 wins with him at QB. McDermott taking a mighty risk here
wonder if the Bills just don't want Taylor on the field and risk him been injured and stuck paying him in 2018.the off-season was about getting Taylor to re-do his deal so its not like they where that invested in him.

the chargers have Philip Rivers in concussion protocol so both teams maybe starting back-ups.

as bad as some of Taylors passes are he is not the reason they are struggling recently but guess benching the starting QB is a way to get everyone on the teams attention.
Old 16.11.2017, 12:17 AM
MVP

Zeke Elliott has dropped his appeal and will serve the rest of his suspension. Eligible to return week 16.
Old 16.11.2017, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Zeke Elliott has dropped his appeal and will serve the rest of his suspension. Eligible to return week 16.
Hope he sues the NFL for Defamation after the season. Ridiculous that he can be slapped with a 6 game ban, and the stigma that comes from his "offense", without having been charged with anything...
Old 16.11.2017, 09:34 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
I'm guessing they've decided that they'd sooner have him available for the Seahawks and Eagles games to close out the regular season, or even start off with a clean slate next season, than continue to appeal and him miss play off games or games in September.

It's looking like a long shot to make the play offs anyway, and any wildcard place will probably require beating the Seahawks in week 16. From a team perspective this is probably the wisest move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Hope he sues the NFL for Defamation after the season. Ridiculous that he can be slapped with a 6 game ban, and the stigma that comes from his "offense", without having been charged with anything...
I could understand a fine, or even one game suspension for his off field behaviour affecting the image of the league (St Patrick's Day parade incident etc), but 6 games for something which as you say was never proven, is tough to accept on several levels. It's just because 'domestic abuse' is involved, Goodell wants to right his wrongs, he's on a PR crusade of late. If Zeke was proven guilty, then fair enough, but for whatever reasons - innocence, cover ups, etc - he wasn't.

Goodell has now taken on Kraft and Jones. Owners meetings must be really awkward of late.
Old 17.11.2017, 02:02 PM
All Pro

Jerry Jones is doing to Roger Goodell, what Bob Kraft should have done to Roger Goodell during Deflategate, and that's ruin this absolute bum of a commissioner and his ridiculous punishment rules.
Old 17.11.2017, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Larry Fitzgerald has signed a one-year extension for next season. Glad to have one more year of Larry Legend.
Old 17.11.2017, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Jerry Jones is doing to Roger Goodell, what Bob Kraft should have done to Roger Goodell during Deflategate, and that's ruin this absolute bum of a commissioner and his ridiculous punishment rules.

According to Peter King, Bob Kraft told Jerry Jones words to this effect: Jerry, my franchise got killed for a BS incident with so-called deflated footballs. We lost our quarterback for 25 percent of the season. We got fined a million bucks. We lost first- and fourth-round picks. For hogwash! But I took it. My fans killed me for it, but I try to be a good partner.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/12/je...l-new-contract
Old 17.11.2017, 02:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
According to Peter King, Bob Kraft told Jerry Jones words to this effect: Jerry, my franchise got killed for a BS incident with so-called deflated footballs. We lost our quarterback for 25 percent of the season. We got fined a million bucks. We lost first- and fourth-round picks. For hogwash! But I took it. My fans killed me for it, but I try to be a good partner.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/12/je...l-new-contract
And Jones was right to call him a p*ssy for it. Being a good partner isn't caving to the demands and ridiculous rules of one man - rules by the way, that are ruining the NFL season with these stupid drawn out cases that overshadow the on field product.

Goodell shouldn't be some all ruling dictator with the final say on everything. He isn't the law.
Old 17.11.2017, 05:29 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
And Jones was right to call him a p*ssy for it. Being a good partner isn't caving to the demands and ridiculous rules of one man - rules by the way, that are ruining the NFL season with these stupid drawn out cases that overshadow the on field product.

Goodell shouldn't be some all ruling dictator with the final say on everything. He isn't the law.
Jones is being a little baby, he punished one of his players and now whats revenge because Jones thinks he should how the power to be untouchable.

being a good partner is about not letting personal interest derail the business.

where was this stand from Jerry in the past?

while i'm not a fan of Roger they gave him a job to do and his doing it.
its not the rules of one man its the rules the league wants, if no one agreed with him he would of been gone long ago. if he was doing a bad job on the business side he would of been gone a long time ago.

he's not the one drawing them out either, the power is agreed, the players have no case Zeke/Brady but drag it out.
while in a criminal trial neither guy would be facing punishment, the bar for these things is very low and the power is there to punish. the both times you got caught you kept the titles.