2019 And Beyond - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 03.07.2019, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Always looked forward to finally celebrating a Jets’ Super Bowl win on here, now the forum’s shutting down just when we’re about to win 3 of the next 5...
Old 03.07.2019, 06:56 PM
Hall of Fame

also Peyton Mannings 539 passing TD mark will go this year with Brees(520) and Brady(517) both close to breaking it.
Old 03.07.2019, 07:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Always looked forward to finally celebrating a Jets’ Super Bowl win on here, now the forum’s shutting down just when we’re about to win 3 of the next 5...
that's pretty bold since 1970 the Jets have only managed 2 AFC East titles.....
Old 03.07.2019, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
that's pretty bold since 1970 the Jets have only managed 2 AFC East titles.....
Then we’re due?
Old 03.07.2019, 08:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post

We see Norwich win the premier league before the Jets win a supper bowl
Old 03.07.2019, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Nevada is officially known as the Silver State. But knowing us we'll probably play all in black with the roof open when it's 100F plus...
We’ll be playing in an air conditioned dome with a translucent roof to let natural light in. There’ll also be those huge doors that open up at the north end of the stadium overlooking the Vegas strip.
Old 03.07.2019, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
also Peyton Mannings 539 passing TD mark will go this year with Brees(520) and Brady(517) both close to breaking it.
The race to 600 if both stick around long enough.
Old 04.07.2019, 05:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
The race to 600 if both stick around long enough.
think it will take atleast 2+ seasons to crack that number so Brady maybe has a chance but Brees may be done with the Saints after this season and will he want or could he find a team at 40+ to pay him enough to keep playing.
Old 09.07.2019, 06:29 PM
Team Captain

Looking forward to watching Brees and Brady chase down that Manning record, that's sure to be a theme throughout next season.

Did a quick check of Brett Favre's regular season games played by a QB record that stands at 302. Brady is currently on 269, Brees 264. If Brady plays for the next two full seasons he will be tantalisingly close on 301 games. So to beat Favre's mark they will need to keep playing into three seasons from now.
Old 18.07.2019, 06:51 PM
Team Captain

A few thoughts regarding Quarterbacks who need a big 2019 season...

Marcus Mariota (Tennessee Titans) - Definitely feels like one of those 'prove it' type of seasons coming up in what is a contract year for Mariota. I'm a big fan so will be rooting for him, and the Titans have given him all the help he needs on offense - solid O line, good group of receivers, strong run game. I found the trade for Ryan Tannehill really curious - a sign the Titans aren't 100% convinced. The pressure's on. I hope Mariota stays healthy and plays well.

Jameis Winston (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - Winston and Mariota will probably forever be compared (at least in my head) being the top two picks in the 2015 draft. I thought Winston was dodgy in college and he's been dodgy in the NFL, he just makes too many mistakes too often. Doesn't look like he's getting enough of an offense around him as he plays out his fifth-year option.

Derek Carr (Oakland Raiders) - When Carr signed his new Raiders contract at the start of the 2017 season he was the highest paid player in the NFL. Last season the Raiders went a poor 4-12, not that this was Carr's fault. In fact he had a pretty good year but it felt as though the organisation was tanking and saving up for the Vegas move. I wonder if they were ever close during draft time to going all-in on Kyler Murray. They did put together a really good draft and have grabbed Antonio Brown, which hopefully means no more tanking.

Nick Foles (Jacksonville Jaguars) - If it was me I would give Foles at least a couple of seasons to get going in Jacksonville. Unfortunately I feel like too many will be down on him if he doesn't get the team up to about the 9/10 win mark straight away. I think the AFC South could be extremely competitive next season.

Philip Rivers (Los Angeles Chargers) - The Chargers have built such a good roster. In the final year of his current contract, I can't decide how much longer I think Rivers will be around for. Certainly has the players around him for another go at a Championship run.

Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) - This is me just being a little facetious. Of course Rodgers is going to be fine. I do feel as though he has received a bit more negative comment than usual regarding his play over the last year or so. Maybe it's just me who feels that. The Packers sure don't have the hold on the NFC North they did a few seasons ago. Another season where they aren't competing for the division and Rodgers will probably face more criticism.