PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 1003 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 10.12.2008, 10:52 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deli View Post
If we make the playoffs as winners of AFC East finish 4th best of the conference winners, we'll get a home game against the #5 seed, probably Indy. I'll put it down to your time of posting.

Still loving the optomism. Realistically we will be the underdogs in every playoff game we have, starting hopefully with week 17!
LOl, I'll let you off too Syborg, those late nights are catching up with you

Thats what concerns me too Deli. If we win the AFC East we'll end up playing probably Indy or Baltimore, although Pittsburgh have to win out yet. Not easy at all. But hey I guess these games are never gonna be easy.
Old 10.12.2008, 12:35 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
LOl, I'll let you off too Syborg, those late nights are catching up with you

Thats what concerns me too Deli. If we win the AFC East we'll end up playing probably Indy or Baltimore, although Pittsburgh have to win out yet. Not easy at all. But hey I guess these games are never gonna be easy.
Cheers mate. . yes I have had a few late ones. . always a little tiresd until Wed night and then ok Thurs then shattered again on friday. my own fault as I just keep getting up for all this football in the small hours of the morning. .lol
brain is turning to mush and its not too good to start with. .ha ha.

Ok so Baltimore or Indy. . indy do not worry me. .Baltimore however do..but only on Defense I think both those games are very very winable. .oh my word. .I love this . . talking playoffs after what feels like a millenia. ..

Last edited by Csonka#39; 10.12.2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10.12.2008, 12:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
Cheers mate. . yes I have had a few late ones. . always a little tiresd until Wed night and then ok Thurs then shattered again on friday. my own fault as I just keep getting up for all this football in the small hours of the morning. .lol
brain is turning to mush and its not too good to start with. .ha ha.

Ok so Baltimore or Indy. . indy do not worry me. .Baltimore however do..but only on Defense I think both those games are very very winable. .oh my word. .I love this . . talking playoffs after what feels like a millenia. ..
Baltimore worry me too, they trounced us earlier in the season and their D means our clock control offense isn't so effective.

Indy also worry me due to their passing game and receivers who would pose a biig threat to our secondary.

To be honest though, worrying about a playoff matchup would be a nice problem to have
Old 10.12.2008, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Just a small note... The Baltimore Ravens have pinched Jalen Parmele off the practice squad. A bit of shame really... He showed some promise in the offseason, and I would have liked him to have still been around for another offseason, to see what happens.

Unfortunately he was the victim of a numbers game... especially since Patrick Cobbs exceeded the coaching staff's expectations.
Old 10.12.2008, 06:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Just a small note... The Baltimore Ravens have pinched Jalen Parmele off the practice squad. A bit of shame really... He showed some promise in the offseason, and I would have liked him to have still been around for another offseason, to see what happens.

Unfortunately he was the victim of a numbers game... especially since Patrick Cobbs exceeded the coaching staff's expectations.
Ye, I bit dissapointed, but I guess we didnt really get a chance to see him, purely a prospect and potential. With giving Ricky another year, i guess we are set at back for next season.
Old 10.12.2008, 07:36 PM
MVP

Hey guys, here are a couple of Dolphins news snippets :

* Right tackle Vernon Carey said the Dolphins have relayed an interest in re-signing him, but won't talk money until after the season.

AND

* Miami's 2009 nondivision schedule is tougher: home against Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa; away against Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina. Miami also plays the team that finishes in its position in the AFC North (home) and AFC West (road).

Some very tough looking games in that run down and a good test of the Dolphins development. At the moment those later games against undisclosed oppenents,at present. could conclude in a home game against Pittsburgh and an away game at Denver.
Old 10.12.2008, 07:38 PM
MVP

Also chaps, here is the current update on the playoff picture :

The good news: Miami will win the AFC East if it wins its final three games. The bad news: There's a good chance they will miss the playoffs if they lose the Jets game, even if they win their next two.

Miami (8-5) trails Baltimore and Indianapolis (both 9-4) for the two wild-card spots and would lose tiebreakers to Indianapolis (because of conference record) if Miami loses to the Jets; and to the Ravens (Miami lost to Baltimore). If Miami beats the 49ers and Chiefs and loses to the Jets: 1) Baltimore or Indianapolis would need to go 0-3 for Miami to get a wild card berth over either; 2) The Dolphins would lose a three-team tiebreaker to Baltimore and Indianapolis if they have the same record.

• Baltimore closes with Pittsburgh, at Dallas and Jacksonville. Indianapolis has Detroit, at Jacksonville and Tennessee. If Baltimore wins the AFC North, Pittsburgh likely would win a wild-card tiebreaker over Miami based on conference record.

• If the Dolphins enter the Jets finale trailing New York by one game, it would still win a tiebreaker with New York if Miami beats the Jets to split their series. If they finish with the same division record (which would happen if the Jets beat Buffalo and the Dolphins beat the Jets), Miami would hold the edge in the next tiebreaker -- best winning percentage in common games.

• Miami has a tiebreaker edge over New England (8-5) based on the fourth tiebreaker -- better conference record (6-4 to 5-5). That could change, though. New England closes with: at Oakland, Arizona and at Buffalo. A fifth tiebreaker might be needed: strength of victory, which is records of teams it beat. Miami leads very narrowly in that.

I hope that helps
Old 10.12.2008, 07:45 PM
GOAT

All good stuff Crowder. . Although i posted links to these earlier. .

I was at work so did not have the time to copy it across with the boss on the prowl with visitors today. .

i am confident that we will win out and make it. .
Old 10.12.2008, 08:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
All good stuff Crowder. . Although i posted links to these earlier. .

I was at work so did not have the time to copy it across with the boss on the prowl with visitors today. .

i am confident that we will win out and make it. .

Doh !! Soz m8. Good find though.
Old 10.12.2008, 08:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post

A bit of a loss, I thought he looked ok but at least we are strong in the RB depth.