PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 53 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 21.03.2004, 05:40 PM
MVP

Default Re:PHINS FANS OPINIONS!

Personally I think the Phins see Feeley as the long term solution to the QB situation. You just have to look at guys like Delhomme and Hasselback that went from being backups to becoming starters and onto superbowls and probowls, once they had an opportunity to play. Feeley has shown poise and leadership in the 5 games he had as starter and led his team to a 4-1 mark during that time. Not only did the Phins admire his attributes, they studied plenty of film of him and compared him against other QBs so they have fully done the homework. The thing that swayed them towards Feeley was that his 4th quarter QB rating is over 84% whereas Fiedlers QB rating was only 23%. The other thing Feeley has the better of Fiedler is in the accuracy stakes.

In regards to the o-line, this off season has been disasterous for the Phins. The pickup of Jeno James will prove to be a very good move as he has experience and athleticsm to become a dominant lineman for the next few years. James and Wade Smith will bring the Phins a very good left side for the next few seasons. The C spot looks like going to Seth McKinney who was last seasons backup and it is yet to be seen whether he is capable or not. He couldnt beat Tim Ruddy out of the job and we have just released him as he is not very good, so you can draw your own conclusions on that. The RG spot is up in the air at the moment, so who knows who will end up there. As for the RT, it looks like St Clair will start the season but McIntosh is the long term solution for the near future once he has recovered from surgery. It is possible that once McIntosh has recovered and is ready to play, he will go to RT and St Clair will move to the C spot as he was an all-american in that position before moving out wide.
Old 21.03.2004, 07:14 PM
Starter

I'm not sure whether or not I have already said this in this thread, but if Jake Grove of Virginia Tech is still on the board when we pick then it wouldn't surprise me if we took him and moved to McKinney to right guard.
Old 21.03.2004, 07:14 PM
Starter

I'm not sure whether or not I have already said this in this thread, but if Jake Grove of Virginia Tech is still on the board when we pick then it wouldn't surprise me if we took him and moved to McKinney to right guard.
Old 21.03.2004, 08:55 PM
Team Captain

Grove will almost certainly still be on the board when our pick comes but i reckon Vernon Carey will also.
Still think we'll take a receiver though, probably Evans, Clayton or Woods. Would love it if Reggie Williams fell to us, can't see him going past the Niners at 16 though.
Old 21.03.2004, 08:55 PM
Team Captain

Grove will almost certainly still be on the board when our pick comes but i reckon Vernon Carey will also.
Still think we'll take a receiver though, probably Evans, Clayton or Woods. Would love it if Reggie Williams fell to us, can't see him going past the Niners at 16 though.
Old 21.03.2004, 11:40 PM
Starter

I'm not so sure we will take a receiver now we have Boston as we already have Simmons, Newsome and Tolver who need to get their chance to show what they can do.
If we did though, Rashaun Woods would be the guy I would go with.
Old 21.03.2004, 11:40 PM
Starter

I'm not so sure we will take a receiver now we have Boston as we already have Simmons, Newsome and Tolver who need to get their chance to show what they can do.
If we did though, Rashaun Woods would be the guy I would go with.
Old 22.03.2004, 02:22 PM
All Pro

i dont think we should draft a WR after the boston deal, we have two good wideouts who are young and have a future the O line has to be our top concen in the draft as we need time to throw to those guys.
Old 22.03.2004, 02:22 PM
All Pro

i dont think we should draft a WR after the boston deal, we have two good wideouts who are young and have a future the O line has to be our top concen in the draft as we need time to throw to those guys.
Old 22.03.2004, 06:48 PM
MVP

I really cant see Miami drafting a C with its first round pick especially with the current lack of a right guard and with the plethora of very good WRs that will be available. G Vernon Carey seems like the obvious selection now but it will depend on what happens with the picks before us.

Once McIntosh is fit to play, I wouldnt be suprised if the Phins moved new free agent signing John St Clair to the C spot and let McIntosh into the RT position. St Clair was an all american C back in uni but was moved out to RT by the Rams. He is more suited to the inside area as he can get exposed in pass protection.

I wouldnt be suprised if the Dolphins took a defensive player in this years first round.

WHY???

Well, the Phins, have spent the offseason over hauling the offense and has managed to significantly reduce the overall offense age to around 26. The team are still looking at signing another one, maybe two, more offensive linemen to shore things up. The defense has been pretty much ignored apart from the signing of Akins, who was signed for his special teams skills, and Howard who is looking to be the 3rd CB on the team. The rest of the D is aging and will probably lose its newest young star (Ogunleye) at some point during this offseason. I just wouldnt be suprised if the Phins took a LB or a DL player.