NHL Season - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 25.10.2006, 10:28 PM
All Pro

Default NHL Season

Not sure if there has been a thread yet, but mainly I just wanted to bring attention to what a turn around Malkin has made to my Penguins this year. Playing some great hockey with a young offense. Stanley cup her we come(probably not, but worth a dream!)
Old 25.10.2006, 11:01 PM
All Pro

Default Re:NHL Season

i've had my second look at nhl.com all season can't bear to keep up with it being a bruins fan
Old 26.10.2006, 12:02 PM
All Pro

Got off to a great start have the Pens, and having beaten Philly 3 times already looks like another W coming up.
Old 26.10.2006, 08:37 PM
All Pro

Well, they are pretty much the worst team(form wise) in the NHL right now. So, should try and take advantage.
Old 27.10.2006, 07:15 PM
Rookie

being a maple leafs fan, ive had little to enjoy this week, 6-2 at home then 7-2 away,except the fighting on tuesday against ottowa, thought we might get some revenge last night, and how sadly i was mistaken. :'(

never mind montreal on the week end
Old 29.10.2006, 11:14 AM
All Pro

The Penguins come away from Philly with an 8-2 mauling. Top result, Crosby hits a hatrick, Sorry Flyers fans, doesn't look godd for you!
Old 29.10.2006, 11:49 AM
All Pro

I managed to get out to the Coliseum to see the Isles break the Sabres winning streak last thursday. Sadly it didn't turn out that way though . We're now 4-4-2 which is pretty average but it could be worse. DiPietro isn't looking like a $60M 15yr goalie at the moment but i'm sure things will perk up. He definately could be worse. We've got the Blackhawks (4-6) at home next tuesday and if records are anything to go by we should win this one. In their last two games (both losses) the 'Hawks have conceded 8 goals and scored nowt. Plus they were both home games too!

Congrats to the Thrashers by the way who managed to end Buffalo's 10 game winning streak and therefore prevent them from getting the record. It took a shootout to finally decide it but after a superhuman effort Atlanta finally won with a goal by Vyacheslav Kozlov. I tell you what, if October has been anything to go by, the Thrashers will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs at the end of this season.
Old 29.10.2006, 03:18 PM
Rookie

[quote author=Boycey link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=0#msg525724 date=1162122588]
I managed to get out to the Coliseum to see the Isles break the Sabres winning streak last thursday. Sadly it didn't turn out that way though . We're now 4-4-2 which is pretty average but it could be worse. DiPietro isn't looking like a $60M 15yr goalie at the moment but i'm sure things will perk up. He definately could be worse. We've got the Blackhawks (4-6) at home next tuesday and if records are anything to go by we should win this one. In their last two games (both losses) the 'Hawks have conceded 8 goals and scored nowt. Plus they were both home games too!

Congrats to the Thrashers by the way who managed to end Buffalo's 10 game winning streak and therefore prevent them from getting the record. It took a shootout to finally decide it but after a superhuman effort Atlanta finally won with a goal by Vyacheslav Kozlov. I tell you what, if October has been anything to go by, the Thrashers will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs at the end of this season.[/quote]

I would agree. The maple leafs had a better game night last night against montreal. ;D Much better peformance than during the week, and we face Atlanta on monday, should be an intresting game.
Old 29.10.2006, 03:33 PM
All Pro

[quote author=chris wood link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=0#msg525833 date=1162135110]
[quote author=Boycey link=board=8;threadid=21661;start=0#msg525724 date=1162122588]

Congrats to the Thrashers by the way who managed to end Buffalo's 10 game winning streak and therefore prevent them from getting the record. It took a shootout to finally decide it but after a superhuman effort Atlanta finally won with a goal by Vyacheslav Kozlov. I tell you what, if October has been anything to go by, the Thrashers will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs at the end of this season.[/quote]

I would agree. The maple leafs had a better game night last night against montreal. ;D Much better peformance than during the week, and we face Atlanta on monday, should be an intresting game.
[/quote]

Lol, it won't be an easy game that's for sure. Atlanta's only loss this season has been to the Canes (who by the way lost to the Islanders a couple of weeks ago ) and they're the Stanley Cup champs. If the Leafs want any chance on Monday they're going to have to keep Ilya Kovalchuk in check as he's been very strong recently. Their defense can't allow any breakaways either because with Kovalchuk and guys such as Hossa and Kozlov you're going to get burned 99 times out of 100 if you let them stray past your defenders.

If Toronto has one thing to be grateful for it's that they've got the home ice advantage however the Thrashers have won every away game they've had so far so it probably won't make much of a difference anyway. Good luck to them anyway. ;D
Old 29.10.2006, 04:19 PM
Rookie

Your right its not going to be easy to get the win, home advantage may work but look at the last performance at home against ottawa on tuesday, it was'nt great, also our home record is 2-5. looking forward to game though.

[move]THE PASSION THAT UNITES US ALL[/move]

Tags
admit it , allhailkinghenrik , between the pipes v2 , bruins jersey , go habs go!!! , lets go maple leafs! , repeat! , west is best , who likes the bru-ins