American TV series - Page 390 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 12.09.2014, 08:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmuir View Post
Anyone else watched The Leftovers? I'm half way through season one. Decent enough, some interesting characters.
I see it starts on Sky Atlantic next week so i'm planning on giving it a go.
Old 14.09.2014, 03:36 PM
MVP

Baldy old Kojak spotted on ITV 4 on Friday.
Old 15.09.2014, 11:56 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmuir View Post
Anyone else watched The Leftovers? I'm half way through season one. Decent enough, some interesting characters.
Watched the first episode last night (it's available now on Sky On Demand if you can't wait until tomorrow night).

Quite impressed, will stick with it for a while and see what develops.
Old 15.09.2014, 01:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Noticed Lost was on Amazon Instant Video and killed a bit of time by rewatching episode one. It is a shame that it became almost farcical because the first season is utterly superb.
Old 15.09.2014, 02:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Noticed Lost was on Amazon Instant Video and killed a bit of time by rewatching episode one. It is a shame that it became almost farcical because the first season is utterly superb.
i just finished rewatching it all

damn it does get awful

going to watch leftovers tonight i think

just started Tudors ...liking it so far

tempted to start on Tyrant as well
Old 15.09.2014, 02:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11 View Post
i just finished rewatching it all

damn it does get awful

going to watch leftovers tonight i think

just started Tudors ...liking it so far

tempted to start on Tyrant as well
Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't seen a very old TV show:

There are some very good episodes amongst the crap. The writers strike certainly didn't help and affected in particular the second season I believe.

The annoying thing is that the creators completely dismissed purgatory when it was suggested, watching it back it does make total sense that this is purgatory. Survivors who have both good and bad sides and need to prove that they are good to get acceptance by the purgatory leader, Jacob. My take on it is, the island is the place for a second chance to go to the afterlife, if Jacob loses the fight with his brother, the island ceases to exist and the chance for a second chance goes with it.
Old 15.09.2014, 08:57 PM
GOAT

The Last Ship... anyone tune into this..

I didn't think it was too bad...certainly going to give it a decent go.. there were a couple of questionable moments but overall it was pretty decent.
Old 15.09.2014, 09:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Amen to that. I think Mrs Bin gave up on it half way through Series 2, I think I struggled to the end of that one before throwing in the towel.
Old 16.09.2014, 12:31 AM
All Pro

I struggled through all of Lost in the vain hope that somehow, the most important stuff would suddenly all make sense and mind would be blown. What a mess that really did become...

Seemed like because of all the rumours aplenty the creators seemed desperate to steer it away every time, and then got, ahem, lost in all sense of purpose and direction whatsoever. Even if a wild net rumour had correctly guessed the baseline plot, they should have stuck with it as the main strength of the show was the character building, it would have easily been so much better. The baseline plot became a messy distraction so that by the end no one gave a toss about characters previously cared for.
Old 16.09.2014, 02:52 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
I struggled through all of Lost in the vain hope that somehow, the most important stuff would suddenly all make sense and mind would be blown. What a mess that really did become...

Seemed like because of all the rumours aplenty the creators seemed desperate to steer it away every time, and then got, ahem, lost in all sense of purpose and direction whatsoever. Even if a wild net rumour had correctly guessed the baseline plot, they should have stuck with it as the main strength of the show was the character building, it would have easily been so much better. The baseline plot became a messy distraction so that by the end no one gave a toss about characters previously cared for.
I agree. I stuck with Lost to the end too for the same reasons. It seems like part of the problem is if a US tv series is successful ratings wise, the TV companies insist on extending the series for as long as they can rather than just finishing a show at a certain point even if it is very popular. So the plot lines become less plausible just to keep the series going.

It was similar with Homeland...should have finished after season 2 rather than go the direction it went with season 3 just to keep Brody in the plot line.