American TV series - Page 391 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 16.09.2014, 06:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
The Last Ship... anyone tune into this..

I didn't think it was too bad...certainly going to give it a decent go.. there were a couple of questionable moments but overall it was pretty decent.
Watched it, won't be watching the second episode.

Can't stand stupidity in dramas and when the 'russians' turn up flying american helicopters, using italian firearms and wearing black when fighting on the ice it pushed me past my suspension of belief.
Old 16.09.2014, 08:22 PM
All Pro

I feel obliged to stick up for Lost whenever people lay into it - I loved it from start to finish

Also, the island wasn't purgatory and they weren't dead all along. I don't know how many times the creators have to say this. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s10...oQ3CbQidDljXfB

Likewise with Homeland. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a fourth season, but the first three were great imo.
Old 16.09.2014, 08:52 PM
GOAT

i probably liked Lost more than most, it had some down moments but it carried along well, i wasnt keen on the ending though.

but with any long running show the end is hard to nail and given the way Lost went, a perfect ending was going to be nigh on impossible.

but hey at least it was better than the ending to Dexter (i mean just send the poor chap to Argentina and everyone would of been happy.)
Old 16.09.2014, 09:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens55 View Post
Watched it, won't be watching the second episode.

Can't stand stupidity in dramas and when the 'russians' turn up flying american helicopters, using italian firearms and wearing black when fighting on the ice it pushed me past my suspension of belief.
'The Last Ship' was set to record but didn't for some reason. I said to the other half when I saw the advert that it looked like a programme that would wind me up.

American heroes on the last surviving destroyer, looking to save the world, whilst battling the nasty Russians. Led by a feisty female and a veteran male naval commander. A patch work of civilians, and no doubt a sinister character out for his own good. A modern day 'Waterworld' showcasing some modern naval technology/hardware.
Old 16.09.2014, 09:38 PM
MVP

Anyone sticking with "The 100" just to see what happens. Its getting to the "meh" stage for me.
Old 16.09.2014, 10:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Anyone sticking with "The 100" just to see what happens. Its getting to the "meh" stage for me.
That is exactly my stance on it. Boring me now but for some reason is still rated 7/10 on imdb. Surely it gets better?

I mean the acting isn't even good
Old 16.09.2014, 10:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBear View Post
I feel obliged to stick up for Lost whenever people lay into it - I loved it from start to finish

Also, the island wasn't purgatory and they weren't dead all along. I don't know how many times the creators have to say this. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s10...oQ3CbQidDljXfB

Likewise with Homeland. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a fourth season, but the first three were great imo.
I liked it throughout, just the 1st season was superb and they never hit that standard again.

I still think purgatory makes more sense than that rubbish they state.
Old 16.09.2014, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

I think I'm gonna buy the Lost box set.

I watched it from start to finish, yeah it had some bad moments, but it also had some great stuff. Riveting, brilliant television at times.

I kinda forgot how much I enjoyed it until it got brought up here. I may pop into town on Friday (pay day!) get it and have a walk down memory lane.
Old 16.09.2014, 11:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
I think I'm gonna buy the Lost box set.

I watched it from start to finish, yeah it had some bad moments, but it also had some great stuff. Riveting, brilliant television at times.

I kinda forgot how much I enjoyed it until it got brought up here. I may pop into town on Friday (pay day!) get it and have a walk down memory lane.
Get Amazon Instant Video. 79 quid for a yearly subscription (next day delivery from Amazon included). You get Lost plus lots others.
Old 16.09.2014, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Get Amazon Instant Video. 79 quid for a yearly subscription (next day delivery from Amazon included). You get Lost plus lots others.
I really should, but I still prefer box sets. I'm old fashioned like that.

I pay for Netflix but don't use it much, I just kinda like 'physical' stuff