Politics - Page 1171 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 14.10.2016, 11:15 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatmanReturns View Post

not sure on that situation but voter fraud in the states is pretty much a myth used to create rules that stop people from voting, with it being setup to target minorities.
Old 14.10.2016, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Yes history will judge him.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...pfi-cost-300bn

Cuts across the board and still the debt rises. Yet productivity rises. Unemployment reduces.

Tenures like Browns are one of the reasons that the debt rises through such cuts and improvement.
What has happened to our national debt since 2011?

Not that it matters hugely, pretty much every western country runs in a near permanent state of deficit, it's the nature of our society and has been for decades now.

What matters is society itself, which seems to be unraveling at a hitherto unheard of pace (and increasing) - it's a cliche but there will be riots if food and fuel prices rise too far (predicted at least 20% in the near future, possibly by Christmas). Our currency is the worst performing in the world for 2016.

This has the potential to bring down a government unless sensible action is taken to restore faith among the public.
Old 14.10.2016, 02:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
please explain this?

the guy just lies, pretty much non-stop.

you are giving him way too much credit.
I have said Trump lies, I've said all along for goodness sake he says it for effect, as in BS. The difference between him and Hillary is that she lies and deceives and pretends or denies anything. Trump doesn't deny all of it, he even admits some of it and apologises for some of the terrible things he has said.

Trump flat out lies for effect and to wind folk up and be the antagonistic agent, anyone with half a brain surely can read between the lines of all this political nonsense. He is a stooge playing the world, Hillary Clinton will become president, they have no other option and he is making sure of that.

And I ain't giving him too much credit, I can see right through it all. There isn't much credit needed anyway for an obvious agent provocateur.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 14.10.2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 14.10.2016, 03:04 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylee73 View Post
It wasn't an extreme quote and Trump isn't 'most' men. He isn't a normal bloke down the pub having a bit craic with his mates - he was a senior public figure who's now in the running for a top job - can you not see the difference and how he is accountable to a higher standard ?

All this talk of you saying Trump is playing people is rubbish, that video was 10 years old, long before this campaign started. That's who the bloke is and that's his attitude towards women. It certainly sounds like he's played you though.

You've repeatedly mentioned about Clinton being a liar. So do you think Trump hasn't lied during the campaign ? Are you saying Clinton is the only liar ?

As for getting my back up - go back and read the last line of my previous reply.
Your chasing your own tail with a lot of that post.

I won't condemn Trump because he is an idiot that I certainly don't take him seriously but a lot of you on here do. Some have even suggested that because he has said those things he must have done those things. Surely you can see he has taken YOU for a ride.

Just admit he is a pure BS king and nothing more and shouldn't even be taken seriously for anything.

You've all bitten and got all judgemental and holier than though about his treatment of women, he is pure fiction.
Old 14.10.2016, 03:34 PM
All Pro

If I understand you right then Trump knowingly got caught denigrating women and did it to be provocative?

What he said was supposed to be off mike. Presumably he thought he wasn't going to be quoted. Are you saying that he knew he was being recorded and that's why he said it. 10 years ago remember. Just in case he ever ran for President or something at some future point? For marketing?

I mean that's just the worst pile of apologist claptrap isn't it?

I know you have pointed out you do not support Trump but, if you don't, then I really don't get why you've spent the last 5 pages of this thread trying to mitigate what he did.

Last edited by LesterHayes; 14.10.2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 14.10.2016, 03:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
If I understand you right then Trump knowingly got caught denigrating women and did it to be provocative?

What he said was supposed to be off mike. Presumably he thought he wasn't going to be quoted. Are you saying that he knew he was being recorded and that's why he said it. 10 years ago remember. Just in case he ever ran for President or something at some future point? For marketing?

I mean that's just the worst pile of apologist claptrap isn't it?

I know you have pointed out you do not support Trump but, if you don't, then I really don't get why you've spent the last 5 pages of this thread trying to mitigate what he did.
Complete drama queen post. Like I ever said he laid down 10 years of planning for this, like some conspiracy rubbish

How can I spell it out to you so called scholars?

He is full of BS now, was 10 years ago, 20 years ago and always will be!!!

They are simply using him for a stooge now!!!

As for the apologist claptrap, you are so funny, I won't side with your opinion so you go all mwwaahhh, your either with us or against us must be an apologist. It's called a different point of view.

Pure theatre is Trump, you've certainly all gone red raged over my comments, must surely condemn the man.

I won't condemn an idiot, he is pure BS, just like his comments about immigrants and the biggest wall across the Mexican front, pure drama and nothing more.
Old 14.10.2016, 04:07 PM
All Pro

OK. Though it was a fair question put in a reasonably straight way myself? Maybe not....

Anyway. So Trump is a misogynistic braggart and a fool. And that's OK because lots of people who aren't running for POTUS are also maybe misogynistic braggarts and fools?

But he's also a cunning one who despite spending millions on his campaign is just doing it for a laugh and doesn't actually expect to win? And he's cunningly pretending to run for President for what reason exactly?

Part of me gets what you're saying. It is almost parody. I can see him up in the penthouse in Trump Towers coming up with the most whacky policy ideas he can: "Wait guys. Let's not just suggest building a wall across the Mexican border; lets suggest the damn bandidos PAY for it too!!"

Nice idea but flawed IMO which is why I used the term apologist (dictionary definition : a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial). I'll stick to that assertion.

Last edited by LesterHayes; 14.10.2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 14.10.2016, 05:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
And I believe with the way article 50 works, every member nation of the EU has to agree with the terms. So it just takes one country to veto our wish to limit immigration but stay in the single market.
which is the same reason the EU takes years if not decades to agree to trade deals,26 countries all wanting something a little different.hopefully the EU big hitters just pay off the small countries that are all about the handouts when they agree the deal they want to offer us.
Old 14.10.2016, 05:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post

please explain this?

the guy just lies, pretty much non-stop.

while Hillary is far from perfect, she is at least a viable candidate.
when Hilary was interviewed by the FBI over her e-mails she answered over 30 question with "i cant remember" or words to that affect.Another group had clinton and her lawyers answer question about the wiping of the server and destruction of the e-mails or phones and used the "i cant remember" answer over 20 times.

the wikileaks e-mail dumps have shown that after congress started there investigation and while the was a federal subpena her inner circle where talking about what to do with the e-mails they said had "already been deleted" and we also know that in 4 years as secretary of state there is not 1 e-mail between her and the president if we are to believe what was handed over.
Old 14.10.2016, 05:41 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
Your chasing your own tail with a lot of that post.

I won't condemn Trump because he is an idiot that I certainly don't take him seriously but a lot of you on here do. Some have even suggested that because he has said those things he must have done those things. Surely you can see he has taken YOU for a ride.

Just admit he is a pure BS king and nothing more and shouldn't even be taken seriously for anything.

You've all bitten and got all judgemental and holier than though about his treatment of women, he is pure fiction.
So you think the Republican party knew he wasn't really being serious the whole time and just allowed him to waste millions of dollars and hand the Presidency to the Democrats.

It's possible I guess.