Politics - Page 1650 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #16491  
Old 13.06.2019, 07:20 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
in picking sure but they then have to govern a whole country and at a general get votes from a whole country. so it might be an idea to see how they are polling in that respect and how there plans are seen.
think the Telegraph have already done this and Boris is the one candidate who can not just beat Corbyn but according to the polling have a decent majority.in that poll Rory Stewart as leader would give the conservatives there worst predicted results.

think somewhere even Tony Blair was quoted as saying Boris is the only one who can take on a beat Jeremy if he is still the Labour leader.
Reply With Quote
  #16492  
Old 13.06.2019, 07:42 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Nigel off the back of wasting police time has decided to use all that power he has to get a trade deal with the USA, what a self-important blow hard.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
according to the guy from the Daily Mail on sky papers last night if Hunt gets onto the ballot and gets Gove's backing then that may be something that could push Boris but his standing with the members may already be too much.

also after todays vote there is no reason for Boris to even turn up to most of the TV debates.

i dont much it, those 2 clowns are just as disliked.



no reason apart from basic decency and you know letting people know what kind of plans he has.
if cant even be bother to show up for a debate he shouldnt be allowed in the race.





Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
think the Telegraph have already done this and Boris is the one candidate who can not just beat Corbyn but according to the polling have a decent majority.in that poll Rory Stewart as leader would give the conservatives there worst predicted results.

think somewhere even Tony Blair was quoted as saying Boris is the only one who can take on a beat Jeremy if he is still the Labour leader.



but any poll at this moment is pretty worthless as he likely leads on name recognition, rather than policy.
Reply With Quote
  #16493  
Old 13.06.2019, 08:41 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

so its now Jeremy Corbyns turn to be dragged through the courts by Richard Millett and his lawyers over comments he made on the Marr show.Oh Jeremy.....

also for those who still care Change UK have had to change there name again.
Reply With Quote
  #16494  
Old 14.06.2019, 11:25 AM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

There was a good thing on the radio the other day: can you say one conservative value (small ‘c’) that you think Boris Johnson is a good example of or that he stands for?

And caller after caller failed to name even one. So we aren’t saying things like ‘charismatic’ or ‘a leader’ or ‘personality’ but actual values.

Honesty? Moral integrity? Family values? Christian values? Not wasting public money? Pro business? Promoting trade? Taking individual responsibility for your actions?

These are all classic conservative values. And yet Boris doesn’t embody a single one of them. He is more like Trump than he even knows.
Reply With Quote
  #16495  
Old 14.06.2019, 12:19 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

so after all the Trump no collusion (when we all know he did,) he said that yes he would collude with a foreign government in the next election.








Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
There was a good thing on the radio the other day: can you say one conservative value (small ‘c’) that you think Boris Johnson is a good example of or that he stands for?

And caller after caller failed to name even one. So we aren’t saying things like ‘charismatic’ or ‘a leader’ or ‘personality’ but actual values.

Honesty? Moral integrity? Family values? Christian values? Not wasting public money? Pro business? Promoting trade? Taking individual responsibility for your actions?

These are all classic conservative values. And yet Boris doesn’t embody a single one of them. He is more like Trump than he even knows.

he seems to stand for whatever might get him a vote and like with Trump, its shocking anyone still falls for it.


all the negatives he has in his history and a lack of conviction and they want him to be there guy.
Reply With Quote
  #16496  
Old 14.06.2019, 12:47 PM
LesterHayes's Avatar
LesterHayes LesterHayes is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.08.2012
Posts: 3,179
Default

He's just been on Radio 4 and most of the answers he gave to questions were either massively evasive or absolute cloud cuckoo land. Most worryingly he seemingly had no problem with making wholly untrue statements and/or blithely side stepping important things. Like reality. It was Trumpian.

And yet, barring some 'Boris like' catastrophe, he'll be the next PM. I think he's going to have to murder a child or something though.

That TV debate that he's been shamed into doing should be an interesting watch.
Reply With Quote
  #16497  
Old 14.06.2019, 07:56 PM
Ravens55's Avatar
Ravens55 Ravens55 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.10.2009
Posts: 1,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
That TV debate that he's been shamed into doing should be an interesting watch.
It'll probably be the best thing on TV on Tuesday night, i'm guessing he's still refusing to do the C4 one?
Reply With Quote
  #16498  
Old 15.06.2019, 01:38 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
think the Telegraph have already done this and Boris is the one candidate who can not just beat Corbyn but according to the polling have a decent majority.in that poll Rory Stewart as leader would give the conservatives there worst predicted results.

think somewhere even Tony Blair was quoted as saying Boris is the only one who can take on a beat Jeremy if he is still the Labour leader.
That’s the Telegraph, which pays Boris Johnson a quarter of a million a year to write his column. The elites who own the Telegraph, and the Ritz, certainly have an interest in getting the man on their payroll into no10. Even if he would need to stop the column, could you imagine the access and lobbying interest they would get? And of course, what is in the interests of two people extremely wealthy tax dodging Ritz owners is most definitely in the interests of ordinary Brexit man in Swindon, Wigan or Sunderland isn’t it? To quote Karl from the Simpsons, “rich guys want what’s best for everyone”.
Reply With Quote
  #16499  
Old 15.06.2019, 01:40 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
he seems to stand for whatever might get him a vote and like with Trump, its shocking anyone still falls for it.

all the negatives he has in his history and a lack of conviction and they want him to be there guy.
Boris Johnson, “a man who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says, ‘Follow me’.”

- Michael Heseltine, last year.
Reply With Quote
  #16500  
Old 15.06.2019, 05:30 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens55 View Post
It'll probably be the best thing on TV on Tuesday night, i'm guessing he's still refusing to do the C4 one?
come one if Boris turned up on sunday it would turn into a 5 on 1 "pile on" like we see when they have the full leaders debates pre-general elections when its normally the PM Vs the rest trying to score nice sound bites so its definetly better to skip that one and wait for the next round of voting on Monday to weed out some more non-runners.

sure Rory Stewart will easily win with C4 but then be out the race a day later.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:07 AM.