Politics - Page 640 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 22.05.2014, 10:31 AM
MVP

As a bad driver once sang: you gotta have faith.

I usually don't. Elections make me optimistic. Democracy in action. The expressed will of the electorate. Jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it. Wasn't it?
Old 22.05.2014, 10:35 AM
All Pro

I am expecting a big win for ukip regardless of turnout and the lib dems to be hammered into the ground. Ukip winning will be as much an indictment of the political class as it is on the voters. The truth is people will vote for ukip solely because of their stance on immigration. The other parties and their campaign managers and whips etc have failed miserably in the build up to these elections because they haven't had the argument with ukip on those grounds. Nick Clegg is one of the biggest culprits. In the debates and every time he's interviewed he talks about jobs and the financial effect on our economy and ability to trade. Whether we agree or disagree on europe the main parties made up of intelligent, manipulative people have gotten the tone and the message wrong. When they have attacked farage they have made him more appealing to some.
Old 22.05.2014, 10:43 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
I am expecting a big win for ukip regardless of turnout and the lib dems to be hammered into the ground. Ukip winning will be as much an indictment of the political class as it is on the voters. The truth is people will vote for ukip solely because of their stance on immigration. The other parties and their campaign managers and whips etc have failed miserably in the build up to these elections because they haven't had the argument with ukip on those grounds. Nick Clegg is one of the biggest culprits. In the debates and every time he's interviewed he talks about jobs and the financial effect on our economy and ability to trade. Whether we agree or disagree on europe the main parties made up of intelligent, manipulative people have gotten the tone and the message wrong. When they have attacked farage they have made him more appealing to some.
I wouldn't be suprised by a UKIP win (although I hope it doesn't happen), but I'd be suprised by a big win. You're right about Clegg, he took the complete wrong angle against Farage in those debates and probably made Farage more appealing like you said. I won't be suprised if Lib Dems finish 5th today, and if they do Clegg needs to take a huge amount of the blame.
Old 22.05.2014, 10:47 AM
Hall of Fame

Lib Dems would have finally got a shot in the next general election had they not joined with the Tories.

I was gonna go and vote Green today however in my area it is a wasted vote, Labour will win by a landslide.
Old 22.05.2014, 10:48 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaby81 View Post
As a bad driver once sang: you gotta have faith.

I usually don't. Elections make me optimistic. Democracy in action. The expressed will of the electorate. Jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it. Wasn't it?
they make me depressed, people always vote for the same old rubbish.
Old 22.05.2014, 10:49 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Lib Dems would have finally got a shot in the next general election had they not joined with the Tories.

I was gonna go and vote Green today however in my area it is a wasted vote, Labour will win by a landslide.
maybe but as soon as they jumped in bed with the enemy they were dead in the water, Clegg saw that title and jumped on it.

vote Green it will help
Old 22.05.2014, 10:50 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post

It's funny, Brits are not used to coalition governments and the Lib Dems seems to be the massive losers on this one. All over europe parties have to go against there principle to have a working coalition.
Old 22.05.2014, 10:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
maybe but as soon as they jumped in bed with the enemy they were dead in the water, Clegg saw that title and jumped on it.

vote Green it will help
Lay out to me, why I would vote Green.
Old 22.05.2014, 10:53 AM
Hall of Fame

Nigel Farage makes his final push:

Old 22.05.2014, 10:53 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
It's funny, Brits are not used to coalition governments and the Lib Dems seems to be the massive losers on this one. All over europe parties have to go against there principle to have a working coalition.
A coalition is good if the two parties are relatively even in strength, in this case the Lib Dems are ******* themselves out just to have a taste of power. They have destroyed their support base as a result of rubber stamping policies that go against what they stand for.