Politics - Page 640 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #6391  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:31 AM
boaby81's Avatar
boaby81 boaby81 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 13.09.2012
Posts: 5,143
Default

As a bad driver once sang: you gotta have faith.

I usually don't. Elections make me optimistic. Democracy in action. The expressed will of the electorate. Jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it. Wasn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #6392  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:35 AM
kev macca's Avatar
kev macca kev macca is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.09.2006
Posts: 2,217
Default

I am expecting a big win for ukip regardless of turnout and the lib dems to be hammered into the ground. Ukip winning will be as much an indictment of the political class as it is on the voters. The truth is people will vote for ukip solely because of their stance on immigration. The other parties and their campaign managers and whips etc have failed miserably in the build up to these elections because they haven't had the argument with ukip on those grounds. Nick Clegg is one of the biggest culprits. In the debates and every time he's interviewed he talks about jobs and the financial effect on our economy and ability to trade. Whether we agree or disagree on europe the main parties made up of intelligent, manipulative people have gotten the tone and the message wrong. When they have attacked farage they have made him more appealing to some.
Reply With Quote
  #6393  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:43 AM
Sneddon11's Avatar
Sneddon11 Sneddon11 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.04.2013
Posts: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
I am expecting a big win for ukip regardless of turnout and the lib dems to be hammered into the ground. Ukip winning will be as much an indictment of the political class as it is on the voters. The truth is people will vote for ukip solely because of their stance on immigration. The other parties and their campaign managers and whips etc have failed miserably in the build up to these elections because they haven't had the argument with ukip on those grounds. Nick Clegg is one of the biggest culprits. In the debates and every time he's interviewed he talks about jobs and the financial effect on our economy and ability to trade. Whether we agree or disagree on europe the main parties made up of intelligent, manipulative people have gotten the tone and the message wrong. When they have attacked farage they have made him more appealing to some.
I wouldn't be suprised by a UKIP win (although I hope it doesn't happen), but I'd be suprised by a big win. You're right about Clegg, he took the complete wrong angle against Farage in those debates and probably made Farage more appealing like you said. I won't be suprised if Lib Dems finish 5th today, and if they do Clegg needs to take a huge amount of the blame.
Reply With Quote
  #6394  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:47 AM
GiantMackem's Avatar
GiantMackem GiantMackem is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 08.09.2010
Posts: 13,018
Default

Lib Dems would have finally got a shot in the next general election had they not joined with the Tories.

I was gonna go and vote Green today however in my area it is a wasted vote, Labour will win by a landslide.
Reply With Quote
  #6395  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:48 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaby81 View Post
As a bad driver once sang: you gotta have faith.

I usually don't. Elections make me optimistic. Democracy in action. The expressed will of the electorate. Jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it. Wasn't it?
they make me depressed, people always vote for the same old rubbish.
Reply With Quote
  #6396  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:49 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Lib Dems would have finally got a shot in the next general election had they not joined with the Tories.

I was gonna go and vote Green today however in my area it is a wasted vote, Labour will win by a landslide.
maybe but as soon as they jumped in bed with the enemy they were dead in the water, Clegg saw that title and jumped on it.

vote Green it will help
Reply With Quote
  #6397  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:50 AM
PhilGroom's Avatar
PhilGroom PhilGroom is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 04.02.2008
Posts: 5,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Lib Dems would have finally got a shot in the next general election had they not joined with the Tories.

I was gonna go and vote Green today however in my area it is a wasted vote, Labour will win by a landslide.
It's funny, Brits are not used to coalition governments and the Lib Dems seems to be the massive losers on this one. All over europe parties have to go against there principle to have a working coalition.
Reply With Quote
  #6398  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:50 AM
Monsieur Moose's Avatar
Monsieur Moose Monsieur Moose is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 11.04.2013
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
maybe but as soon as they jumped in bed with the enemy they were dead in the water, Clegg saw that title and jumped on it.

vote Green it will help
Lay out to me, why I would vote Green.
Reply With Quote
  #6399  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:53 AM
GiantMackem's Avatar
GiantMackem GiantMackem is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 08.09.2010
Posts: 13,018
Default

Nigel Farage makes his final push:

Reply With Quote
  #6400  
Old 22.05.2014, 10:53 AM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
It's funny, Brits are not used to coalition governments and the Lib Dems seems to be the massive losers on this one. All over europe parties have to go against there principle to have a working coalition.
A coalition is good if the two parties are relatively even in strength, in this case the Lib Dems are ******* themselves out just to have a taste of power. They have destroyed their support base as a result of rubber stamping policies that go against what they stand for.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:48 AM.