Why did you choose the 49ers as your team? - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > San Francisco 49ers

Old 11.09.2010, 01:20 PM
Rookie

One of my distant family members took me along to the 1992 friendly game against the Washington Redskins at Wembley stadium and I guess it was from that point. Although looking back on it I was aware of Joe Montana before I went to this game and was looking forward to seeing him but as it turns out he was injured which was a bit gutting. The 49ers won 17-15 through a last chance field goal.
Old 11.09.2010, 04:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast49 View Post
Well, got into NFL about 3-4 years ago, didn't really have a team to support, just followed L.T. because I thought he was an awesome player. Then Patrick Willis was on the scene and he was my new number one player.

Still didn't have a team, just followed a couple. But then I went to California for a school trip and I met Patrick Willis, in L.A (quite an interesting story how but bit too long for this post) and he was with Ian *******s who is part of the Madden team, he was an idiot but P-willy was really nice and let me have a photo with him, so that was probably one of the best moments of my life!!

Coming back to England I had fallen in love with California, amazing country, but hands down San Francisco was the part I liked the most. So this had decided it for me. Months later and San Francisco was picked for Wembley so it's perfect. And that is why I support them.
nice story
Old 01.10.2010, 10:10 PM
Rookie

Default why the 9ers

i went with the 9ers because of the gold helmets and the best cheerleaders
Old 18.10.2010, 10:03 PM
Rookie

The first game I watched on tv was Superbowl XIX when the Niners beat the Dolphins and I went with the Niners cos I liked their kit better than Miami's!!!

Tags
49ers