Coutney Brown Injured Again - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 05.08.2005, 07:05 AM
MVP

Default Coutney Brown Injured Again

Yet again an injury has halted him, although this doesnt look too bad to keep him out too long.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2125106

Quote:
Brown dislocates left elbow during practice drillAssociated Press

DENVER -- Broncos defensive lineman Courtney Brown dislocated his left elbow Thursday, a setback that is expected to keep him out three to six weeks and yet another in a series of injuries that have hampered his career.

Brown was injured in the morning practice at Denver's training camp, at the end of a play during which he was trying to strip the ball from a player "and his arm kind of got twisted," coach Mike Shanahan said.

Shanahan said X-rays showed no breaks and an MRI showed no structural damage, meaning Brown should be ready for the first regular-season game in five weeks.

"He's done everything in the offseason to get himself ready, and his previous injuries are feeling great, so to have something like this happen to him I'm sure is disheartening," Shanahan said.

Brown, the first pick of the 2000 draft, has played only one full season since he entered the league. Last year, he missed 14 games with an injured foot. Other injuries have been to his elbow, biceps, neck, knee and ankle. Since playing all 16 games his rookie year, he has missed 33 of 64 games.

The Broncos signed him in the offseason, knowing he can still be a force if healthy. He came into camp in great shape. Earlier this week, defensive line coach Andre Patterson, who also worked with Brown in Cleveland, said he can understand the disappointment fans there felt in Brown.

"People wanted to see him play," Patterson said. "They paid him a bunch of money. But he's not a guy who misses because he's got a hamstring that's always hurting. When he's out, it's because he breaks something."

In this case, he did not break anything, which could be the difference between missing an entire season and just a few weeks.

Former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe missed three weeks with a dislocated elbow in 2002. Shanahan said the optimistic view was Brown would miss three weeks, which would mean he would return Aug. 25, two days before Denver's third preseason game. If he misses six, he would return before Week 2 of the regular season.

Brown was one of four ex-Cleveland linemen the Broncos brought into camp. Defensive line is one of their deepest positions.

"We're blessed" with that depth, defensive coordinator Larry Coyer said. "That guy is going to get a break, and he is going to be back I know it. That sucker is tough, and he'll be back. I promise you."

Quote:
Old 05.08.2005, 08:51 AM
All Pro

Default Re:Coutney Brown Injured Again

Ive been talking about this to some people on another forum, It was almost a cert he would do something, when has this guy been healthy ?

ah well, bad luck to him, hope he gets better soon.
Old 05.08.2005, 09:24 AM
All Pro

I cannot be bothered to look through the Buy or Sell thread but it i offered; Courtney Brown to play in 10+ games?

Seems like he just cannot catch a break. At Vet Min you still have to say it's good business by the Browncos!
Old 05.08.2005, 10:00 AM
All Pro

He will play in 10+ games this season because it said he'll be back for the regular season.

Another unlucky injury for him.
Old 05.08.2005, 10:19 AM
MVP

I really can't remember a player who has had the this much misfortune and suffered so many different injuries?
Old 05.08.2005, 10:27 AM
All Pro

The only thing i feel which is good is that the injuries he gets are not reoccuring ones like hamstring pulls or something. They are usually one of breaks but they just seem to keep happening for him which unfortuante for him and us!
Old 05.08.2005, 10:33 AM

It's either unfortunate or he's carrying too much or too little weight! I get the impression that you can't have this many injuries year after year and it be that he's just plain unlucky, there simply has to be something else to it.
Old 05.08.2005, 10:36 AM
All Pro

Anybody's elbow would have been dislocated after what happened in that play.

His elbow got stuck between the player and the ball and that would dislocate anybodys elbow
Old 05.08.2005, 11:59 AM
MVP

[quote author=Mini-Mod link=board=1;threadid=11974;start=0#msg265774 date=1123238036]
It's either unfortunate or he's carrying too much or too little weight! I get the impression that you can't have this many injuries year after year and it be that he's just plain unlucky, there simply has to be something else to it.
[/quote]

He is naturally massive and its not fat. I think Butch Davis did encourage him to bulk up and he is still with Andre Patterson at Denver and so he is probably still at that "Davis" weight. The one season he didnt get injured was his rookie year pre the Davis regime.
Old 05.08.2005, 12:12 PM
All Pro

If he could get back to his college weight - around 15-20 lbs lighter than he is now - it would probably help a great deal with his legs knees and ankles.

Elbow - i don't think he's injured that before....unlucky? cursed? who knows.

Good luck to him anyway.