49ers sign Westbrook - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 17.08.2010, 05:28 PM
All Pro

Westbrook was a great RB for us. The issue is his health concerns in the concussion, knee which is bone on bone (and means he struggles to practice in the week) and ankle. If the Eagles thought he was decent, he wouldn't have left, his deal would have got renegotiated.

Don't expect him to be the Westbrook of the late noughties. That RB is in the past. I wish him the best and hope his health can take the pounding.
Old 17.08.2010, 09:10 PM
All Pro

It will be intresting to see Westbrook. Ive never really rated him as a runner so should be intresting to see how he is used.

Just a question...why did coffee retire. must have missed that in the close season?
Old 17.08.2010, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidierJones View Post

Just a question...why did coffee retire. must have missed that in the close season?

Apparently he's very religious and has left to follow his faith and become a priest,...
Old 17.08.2010, 09:21 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post
Apparently he's very religious and has left to follow his faith and become a priest,...
Strange but True good luck to him I say and you have a great replacement short term for him. Westbrook will be a good pick up for you guys.
Old 17.08.2010, 09:22 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post
Just like Charlie Garner - is there something about the 49ers that drives people into the priesthood?
Old 17.08.2010, 09:30 PM
All Pro

Gore will probably take the load but Westbrook will be a great 3rd down back making catches out of the backfield.
Old 18.08.2010, 08:33 AM
All Pro

Westbrook will give the 49ers a few extra options in the running game, though as people have said I wouldn't expect him to do too much hard yard running straight up the middle. Very useful guy to have on the depth chart, and as a short-term replacement for Coffee after his sudden exodus from the team I'd say Westbrook is pretty much the best option around. Given that there have been some question marks over the 49ers receiving corps and some queries about whether they rely too heavily on Frank Gore, I'd say Alex Smith will be pleased to have Westbrook around too for making short yardage throws to.

A good signing for me, thought the Redskins might have taken him at one point, again as injury cover and just generally shoring up the run game.

Tags
49ers