Watching your own team - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 17.01.2011, 12:55 AM
All Pro

Default Watching your own team

I find it so stressful watching the pats in close games I find it hard to enjoy them win or lose. I almost enjoy watching other teams more because I can actually sit and enjoy the game rather than constant worry. Anyone sometimes feel like this.
Old 17.01.2011, 01:25 AM
All Pro

I agree that I can never relax watching a Vikings game but that's what makes it so good. Watching a game where I don't care which team wins just isn't the same.
Old 17.01.2011, 01:46 AM
Pro Bowler

When it comes to playoff games I can barely watch them. Even when things are going well I expect it to go wrong (though to be fair I've been conditioned that way lol).
Old 17.01.2011, 01:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect_losers View Post
I find it so stressful watching the pats in close games I find it hard to enjoy them win or lose. I almost enjoy watching other teams more because I can actually sit and enjoy the game rather than constant worry. Anyone sometimes feel like this.
All the time. Can't imagine what it's like watching the SB but here's hoping I find out in a few weeks.
Old 17.01.2011, 01:53 AM
Team Captain

I think the way this game is is that no matter whos matched up (unless its NE V MIA lol) you always end up rooting for one particular team or another, especially when its a close run game?
However, itsa a fair assumption that stress can take over enjoyment when your own team is on view and on the line?
I should coco a bit,,,2 championship games in 2 years leaves me spoiled and wanting the joe Walton yrs back :O/
finsiing off the single malt via a toast to rex ryan and hitting my very happy sack
bless the glory days of the 80`s and good nite fellows
Old 17.01.2011, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect_losers View Post
Sometimes??,..... Virtually every time mate,...

As much as I enjoyed the last IS game I spent more time chewing my finger nails I think, than actually making noise and getting behind my team. Wanted to, but just can't help it often times.
Old 17.01.2011, 02:03 AM
All Pro

Yup know what you mean, whenever the Jets are on my heart is racing and im constantly pacing/shouting at the TV, when its just a neutral game I can sit, relax and enjoy.
Old 17.01.2011, 02:15 AM
Starter

Don't know that I've actually enjoyed a 'Skins game in a long time. Even on the rare occassions they go into a lead it's only a matter of time before they throw it away it seems. Perhaps if they reduced the games to 2 Quarters things might seem better

As NYSE said, bring back the Glory Days of the '80s...Riggins; Monk; Clark; Theisman & Williams....now that was Football!
Old 17.01.2011, 06:02 AM
Pro Bowler

I hate watching the Steelers play. Get so worried & that sick feeling all game.
Remembering the late 1980s when the Steelers were in the doldrums. Got to appreciate other mainly NFC teams as a neutral. Then Joe Montana became a hero with others like Walter Peyton, Lawrence Taylor you appreciate because your team is not involved
Old 17.01.2011, 08:18 AM
Pro Bowler

Watching your team in the superbowl is great if you havent gone 18-0 and are tipped as a huge favourite .
after seeing the pats get stuffed by the bears beat by the pack upset the rams beat the panthers then eagles then that other one cant even say it lol its no wonder ive got no hair left lol .